• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I mean, if you're gonna give away a character as free DLC, Akuma's definitely the one to do it with.

Him or Dan.

EDIT: Another thing, Isn't it also considerably likely that the coming DLC seasons have more than 6 characters?

Free hidden character, still calling Evil Ryu. He is in the intro after all.

Ryu fights Necalli who can sense the Satsui No Hado, Ryu is losing and transforms. Necalli loses the fight but absorbs the Satsui No Hado in the process. Bison takes the defeated Necalli and tries to control and take Necalli's power but cant, partly due to Chun Li etc.
Necalli goes on a rampage, various fighters try to stop him but fail, incomes Urien and Necalli is defeated, and he is taken once again as a Illuminati experiement. This is what Ibuki is trying to find out about.

You would think, but "special announcement" is interesting. You're right in doubting Capcom, but we knew there would be a character in may, that's not special. I dunno. It'll be cool if true.

The special announcement is going to either be modes, story trailer, or both. But either way, I'm just in it for the character.

Zavist

What is the best place to read about attack priorities and frame data? For a novice? Dont need something really detailed just what beats what; what is immune to what; etc.

Steroyd

Thanks for the tips, these are really helpful. I lose so badly online it's really hard for me to actually learn from it. And then in survival mode, the first 25 matches are totally free so it's a horrible way to practice, and just teaches me those terrible habits like cr hk on block. Really wish there was a reasonable arcade mode in this game. I was able to get OK at SF3 that way.

I guess the best thing is just to practice against a CPU in training as suggested. Is there anything else absolutely fundamental I'm missing? I think I have a good understanding of what I don't know (i.e., learn every moves frames and hurtbox, learn some actual combos, get better at execution), but if there are just fundamentals besides "learn the whole game better" that I can focus on to start, that will speed things up a lot for me.

Yeah first learn what normals combo into what (for example St MP --> cr.mp), then set the training dummy to jab after block (a 3f jabber like Cammy for example) and set the dummy to block all then practice which combinations punish the opposition for pressing buttons for example St.lp doesn't combo into St.mp but if the oponent presses a button between st.lp and St.mp it's a counter hit for you then you can extend the combo further to St.hp --> Spiral Arrow.

leroidys

Yeah first learn what normals combo into what (for example St MP --> cr.mp), then set the training dummy to jab after block (a 3f jabber like Cammy for example) and set the dummy to block all then practice which combinations punish the opposition for pressing buttons for example St.lp doesn't combo into St.mp but if the oponent presses a button between st.lp and St.mp it's a counter hit for you then you can extend the combo further to St.hp --> Spiral Arrow.

Awesome, I didn't know the training dummy was that programmable. That's pretty great actually. Thanks!

Zerojul

Played quite a lot today, every match was fairly smooth, except two teleporty matches but that was my bad for accepting a 1/2 bar connection. So I really can't complain.

qcf x2

I played a very long set against a super platinum (top 150) player earlier today. I thought i'd get dunked on, and overall it was like 17-5, but I was in every match and mostly lost because of inappropriately timed execution errors (like failure to successfully activate vtrigger after a confirm). Feels good to know it's not some far off, unreachable bracket that I don't belong in, except...

I did way better with Laura than with Cammy. I was like 3-0 with Laura. Actually, I did better with every character I used (Alex, Fang, Karin) than with Cammy. Maybe she belongs in time out. Or in the dumpster.
jk

HabeeNo

What's Guy been up to?

rd9tnyL.jpg

Oh.

They did him dirty, urgh :(

All I want is for Capcom to copy paste Strider Hiryu's outfit on Guy, is that too much?

Xeteh

I played a very long set against a super platinum (top 150) player earlier today. I thought i'd get dunked on, and overall it was like 17-5, but I was in every match and mostly lost because of inappropriately timed execution errors (like failure to successfully activate vtrigger after a confirm). Feels good to know it's not some far off, unreachable bracket that I don't belong in, except...

I did way better with Laura than with Cammy. I was like 3-0 with Laura. Actually, I did better with every character I used (Alex, Fang, Karin) than with Cammy. Maybe she belongs in time out. Or in the dumpster.
jk

I don't like you anymore.

Played quite a lot today, every match was fairly smooth, except two teleporty matches but that was my bad for accepting a 1/2 bar connection. So I really can't complain.

Rollback isn't just a problem with the netcode. There is also the Input Lag. The game loves to put up against Canadians and South Americans with a 4-5 bar limit.

kirblar

And I mean, if you're gonna give away a character as free DLC, Akuma's definitely the one to do it with.

Him or Dan.

EDIT: Another thing, Isn't it also considerably likely that the coming DLC seasons have more than 6 characters?
Yes. S2 being just 6 characters is incredibly unlikely.
Free hidden character, still calling Evil Ryu. He is in the intro after all.
V-Trigger II or III for Ryu.

Delayed till next fucking month? Seriously Capcom? I'm done with this shit. I've had enough.

OR

Balrog? Fucking gross I'd rather have my waifu Ibuki

OR

Ibuki? I'd rather have my husbando Balrog.

Just getting these ready and prepared.

FluxWaveZ

Delayed till next fucking month? Seriously Capcom? I'm done with this shit. I've had enough.

OR

OR

Prepared for what? Hopefully this isn't implying people should be happy with whatever it is Capcom has to announce.

JayEH

OR

OR

This is why we need Dan to Unite us.

stn

I would be very hype if those rumors become true. I've been waiting for one of Akuma, Rolento, or Dee-Jay to show up in the roster. I've been maining Rashid and have interest in other characters, but any one of those three would get me extra hype. Big rosters are the most important thing for me in any fighting game.

I would be very hype if those rumors become true. I've been waiting for one of Akuma, Rolento, or Dee-Jay to show up in the roster. I've been maining Rashid and have interest in other characters, but any one of those three would get me extra hype. Big rosters are the most important thing for me in any fighting game.

Ugh, no more fast, jumping bean characters like Vega or Rashid. Give me more grounded, big, slow characters that Nash can run circles around :D

qcf x2

If I got Urien and Guy in the same game I'd be a happy man. No pony tail on Guy pls.

Pony tail on Urien then? I'm not the biggest Guy fan, but he's American, right? It would be nice if they gave him some contemporary young adult clothing as an alt if nothing else.

This is why we need Dan to Unite us.

You mean Sodom? He's a joke character but doesn't fight like one. He's also a true hero, for otaku and freedom lovers alike.

I don't like you anymore.

Never meet your heroes

Whatever do you mean?

MadGear

I like ranked but I should stop playing it. I don't know how many times I got matched with this Ryu GrimMachine today, but considering that every single match against him is an insane lagfest (despite showing up as 5bar on both the fight request and rematch screen) once is already too much. Its just annoying and exhausting. Either this game is already dead in europe or the matchmaking gets worse and worse. Fun ... . That surprise tomorrow better be good.

I also started playing some Laura ... and wow do I suck. I mean I'm not the fastest learner when it comes to fighting games but oh boy. But to be honest this makes me want to play her just to see if I can get good with her.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Pony tail on Urien then? I'm not the biggest Guy fan, but he's American, right? It would be nice if they gave him some contemporary young adult clothing as an alt if nothing else.

I would be willing to meet in the middle. Urien with a mullet. Guy is actually Japanese but lives in metro city.

I would be willing to meet in the middle. Urien with a mullet. Guy is actually Japanese but lives in metro city.

Guy actually is American. I saw it on a profile screen of a game he was in. I just can't remember which game.

Edit: Street Fighter Wiki has his birthplace as both Japan and America. I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom