• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
But SFV is set up in a way where you're paired with someone of a similar rank. Not to mention Casual Matches, which don't hurt your rank & really helps with improving with a specific character (Ex: Me with Alex).

And? It's still a major improvement over SF5's current system. Any time you're in a mode with matchmaking on you pause, or win a game or are in some kind of a break, the matchmaking process is interrupted. Meaning you could be close to finding a match with someone and it's broken up, causing the process to start over again.

And let's be honest here. With SF5's current pool of online players, it's not like it's hard to be matched up with someone not on your level.

Pompadour

And? It's still a major improvement over SF5's current system. Any time you're in a mode with matchmaking on you pause, or win a game or are in some kind of a break, the matchmaking process is interrupted. Meaning you could be close to finding a match with someone and it's broken up, causing the process to start over again.

And let's be honest here. With SF5's current pool of online players, it's not like it's hard to be matched up with someone not on your level.

You're probably going to get more unhappy people if you take away Battle Lounges, Casuals, and Ranked and force everyone to do quick play. That would be faster, though.

Maligna

Banned
27_poison01.jpg

Poison redesign.

Introduction

She's the previously-shown Hugo's partner (in the ring). The voluptuous fighter, Poison. Apparently, she used to be Mad Gear as well!

Basic info

Name: Poison
Height: 175cm
Weight: 52kg
Blood type: Unknown
Birthday: 7th of December
Country of origin: U.S.A.
Dislikes: Police

After the destruction of Mad Gear, she decided to turn to pro wresteling as a promoter to make a name for herself. She looks beautiful, but her big sister vibe and her somewhat mannish personality have left her true nature shrouded in mystery. (This shit seems not very PC...) She travels the world together with her companion Hugo, searching for an even bigger stage to become more famous on.

Xeteh

So close to finding out what Capcom has been doing with such a furious dedication that no one had the time to let a community manager know they should probably get the word out.

sixghost

What the fuck is Capcom doing? It's 3 months post-release and the connection is still dropping like crazy in the middle of matches. People are still rage quitting.

Edzi

What the fuck is Capcom doing? It's 3 months post-release and the connection is still dropping like crazy in the middle of matches. People are still rage quitting.

It's become apparent that Capcom didn't make the game in such a way that they can tell which side quit (though I don't know what's stopping them from pinging both players after a disconnect and giving points to the one that's still online), so the RQ problem will likely be here forever (or until the RQers get bored and leave the game for good).

Blanka

blanka.jpg

He learned from electric eels how to discharge electricity from his body, and violently rams his opponents while spinning!
(He should've hurt himself pretty badly, the first times...)
He's Blanka. Real name, Jimmy.

Name: Blanka
Height: 192cm
Weight: 98kg
Blood Type: B
Birthday: February 12
Home Country: Brazil
Favorite things: Tropical fruits, Samantha, Arapaima¹
Dislikes: Army ants

A savage kid, who fell from a plane when he was still a child in the deeps of the Rainforest, he survived by learning how to defend himself.
He toys with his opponents, and has distinctive unhortodox movements.
And he loves Samantha, his mom!

Blanka gone punk rock?

KingBroly

Banned
You're probably going to get more unhappy people if you take away Battle Lounges, Casuals, and Ranked and force everyone to do quick play. That would be faster, though.

You could still have Ranked, Casual and Battle Lounge. Ultimately, it just takes it out of Training, Story, Survival and Trials which have a lot of stops and starts during gameplay.

PREDICTION: We get TWO characters instead of just 1.

That would imply Capcom is on schedule and can fit another one in. I honestly think it's either more modes or a possible new character down the line sooner but not this or next month.

Xeteh

That would imply Capcom is on schedule and can fit another one in. I honestly think it's either more modes or a possible new character down the line sooner but not this or next month.

Yeah, considering how they've handled the sharing of information regarding this DLC stuff I sincerely cannot imagine them adding to it just for funsies.

Xeteh

"That all fell apart so quickly!" - Ultradavid talking about Nacer (Cammy) losing a round vs LI Joe (Nash)

Nacer got predictable, got crush countered. Woke up with DP, crush countered and then a mixup teleport from Nash for the GG.

That Cammy stun/health means she loses fast and hard on those mistakes.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Blanka

blanka.jpg

He learned from electric eels how to discharge electricity from his body, and violently rams his opponents while spinning!
(He should've hurt himself pretty badly, the first times...)
He's Blanka. Real name, Jimmy.

Name: Blanka
Height: 192cm
Weight: 98kg
Blood Type: B
Birthday: February 12
Home Country: Brazil
Favorite things: Tropical fruits, Samantha, Arapaima¹
Dislikes: Army ants

A savage kid, who fell from a plane when he was still a child in the deeps of the Rainforest, he survived by learning how to defend himself.
He toys with his opponents, and has distinctive unhortodox movements.
And he loves Samantha, his mom!

Oh hell no.

JayEH

Would Oro using both hands vs Cody with no handcuffs be a fair fight?

I've always seen Cody with the most fighting potential but never the strongest. He is just naturally talented and happens to wipe the floor with almost everyone. He just cuffs himself so he won't be bored. He would definitely lose to Akuma and Evil Ryu (he did lose to Evil Ryu in a comic but its not canon but whatever). Oro on the other hand (no pun intended) has to handicap himself otherwise he would obliterate others.

qcf x2

I've always seen Cody with the most fighting potential but never the strongest. He is just naturally talented and happens to wipe the floor with almost everyone. He just cuffs himself so he won't be bored. He would definitely lose to Akuma and Evil Ryu (he did lose to Evil Ryu in a comic but its not canon but whatever). Oro on the other hand (no pun intended) has to handicap himself otherwise he would obliterate others.

Cody throws rocks and can cause little cyclones. Oro throws spirit bombs and can cause matter to orbit him. While still using one arm.

FluxWaveZ

So the dude I lost against in the GFs at the World Gaming Candian Championships 2016 Montreal regional finals—Chi Rithy—ended up taking the whole shebang at the championships that happened earlier today, which means he won $10,000.

Archive of it here. I guess I feel less bad about losing when I did when I really did go against who seems to be the best Canadian SF player.

Mediking

Game's been bleeding players since launch.

They need to get rid of the Arcade-Style of Matchmaking and make it like Pokken Tournament. Make it a completely solitary mode that isn't tied to anything else to make it go lightning fast.

What's funny is that even though I haven't played SFV in a long while, I still don't regret buying everything I did for the game. I'm a casual fighter and I had my fun with SFV. I still watch SFV matches on YouTube and Twitch. I still try to get better with Cammy whenever the urge happens in SFV. This game REALLY is only for the fgc and diehards, though.

So the dude I lost against in the GFs at the World Gaming Candian Championships 2016 Montreal regional finals—Chi Rithy—ended up taking the whole shebang at the championships that happened earlier today, which means he won $10,000.

Archive of it here. I guess I feel less bad about losing when I did when I really did go against who seems to be the best Canadian SF player.
Phiff really needs some Chun match up knowledge. He was almost free to her pressure. If you can’t stop IAL, I think most of the cast loses to Chun’s buttons mid-range. You can’t beat her if the player is advancing his pressure anytime he wants. He’s a solid player, but I would like to see him fair against someone more familiar with defending against chun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom