• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcf x2

My main is here. Jumps look way too damn floaty though, like Dhalsim floaty. Still, I'm gonna get 3rd strike up in this bitch. Now who to drop from the rotation, hmmm...

Xeteh

I fucking said it.

All you crazies expecting more than a May DLC character reveal were... crazies.

Only person I feel bad for here is Flux because he wanted Balrog so hard.

The rest of you are fools that let Capcom convince you they had something special.

My main is here. Jumps look way too damn floaty though, like Dhalsim floaty. Still, I'm gonna get 3rd strike up in this bitch. Now who to drop from the rotation, hmmm...

YOU FUCKING TRAITOR WE BOTH KNOW WHO YOU'RE GONNA DROP!

I expect a blog post tomorrow giving more info and the date then.

I fucking said it.

All you crazies expecting more than a May DLC character reveal were... crazies.

Only person I feel bad for here is Flux because he wanted Balrog so hard.

The rest of you are fools that let Capcom convince you they had something special.

Ibuki is special to me dammit.

So her V skill is the feather from Super Mario World or is it the bomb thingy?

Edit: stupid phone keyboard changed my spelling of feather into feature

Edzi

I've been playing SFV less and less lately and I think it's because I've gotten bored of Necalli. I play a few other characters casually, but I might want to start seriously maining some other characters and drop Necalli for good. Ibuki might be a good place to start.

I've been playing SFV less and less lately and I think it's because I've gotten bored of Necalli. I play a few other characters casually, but I might want to start seriously maining some other characters and drop Necalli for good.

What don't you like about necalli? He is a pretty solid character.

Xeteh

I've been playing SFV less and less lately and I think it's because I've gotten bored of Necalli. I play a few other characters casually, but I might want to start seriously maining some other characters and drop Necalli for good. Ibuki might be a good place to start.

I've moved off of Cammy because as much as I love her character/playstyle she's too squishy for me. I make too many mistakes and one mistake can be the end of her. I've been playing Necalli and I love his playstyle. STOP THINKING ABOUT QUITTING NECALLI

FluxWaveZ

I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do now. Mentally, I totally pushed Mika to "side character" as the May character got closer. I convinced myself that it would be Balrog—or tried to, because I always left room for the possibility of someone else—and Balrog was always the one I was targeting to main.

So lost now. Maybe I'll just learn Ibuki in order to piss everyone off in the TWO MONTHS LEFT UNTIL (MAYBE) BALROG.

PK Gaming

ak082_01.png

phoenix-emo.gif

I'm going to fucking die.
You’re gonna take it, and you’re gonna like it..and you’re gonna learn how to defend against her nonsense!

She doesn’t look like she has a vortex or anything though tbh, just looks pretty combo heavy. Also, after Guile, another charger guy in Balrog would seem a little dull IMO...I wasn’t really expecting him besides him being next on one of the list.

not a fan of ibuki but i'll probably play casuals with her this time. i wonder if there is a trial phase or not.

oh yea, the stage. not gonna spend fm on that but it's cool.

Durden77

Wanted Balrog. Don't have much interest in Ibuki but she looks awesome and I'm glad for her fans. Nice to have her in the game.

Also that means all 3 of tge remaining characters I'm reaaaaalllyyy looking forward too. So that's awesome.

qcf x2

I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do now. Mentally, I totally pushed Mika to "side character" as the May character got closer. I convinced myself that it would be Balrog—or tried to, because I always left room for the possibility of someone else—and Balrog was always the one I was targeting to main.

So lost now. Maybe I'll just learn Ibuki in order to piss everyone off in the TWO MONTHS LEFT UNTIL (MAYBE) BALROG.

That's your fault, there are plenty of other characters. I will never understand needing to have a specific/particular character on the roster. Variety is the spice of life, and the character everybody wants never ends up playing the same anyway, so you're basically pining for aesthetics, which.... I mean, everybody has their preferences but Balrog is an objectively hideous dude.

You don't know that! I will meditate, and perhaps consult the oracle. It all depends on how she plays, matchups, etc. We know she's going to have 900 health, so that would indeed make it hard to keep Kylie Minogue on the team.

GUYS

DID YOU EVEN LOOK AT THE FUCKING STAGE

GUESS WE GETTING THAT DAY VARIANT

The same variant from Karin's day 1 story mode? Okay... reaching for hype, lol

Ibuki looks like she will be fun to mess around with. I'm really interested in what her frame data will be before I decide to put any real time into her. Was really pulling for boxer though :/

This 2 month break kind of sucks. I don't think the cinematic story mode is going to bring the casual audience they lost back and right now seems like a waste of time and resources when they should be concentrating on DLC/Zenny shop and getting simple modes like arcade and vs cpu in.

The same variant from Karin's day 1 story mode? Okay... reaching for hype, lol

You are damn right I'm hyped. That shit should have been out day one. It's like my favorite stage and I only see it in the shitty Story Mode.

I don't play ThatBooty so I'm a little whatever on this character. Will still try her out though!

FluxWaveZ

That's your fault, there are plenty of other characters. I will never understand needing to have a specific/particular character on the roster. Variety is the spice of life, and the character everybody wants never ends up playing the same anyway, so you're basically pining for aesthetics, which.... I mean, everybody has their preferences but Balrog is an objectively hideous dude.

What are you even saying. Do all characters play similarly to you? Maybe Balrog's playstyle, fundamentally, appeals to me more than any of the other characters in the roster? And I've played thousands of matches in Street Fighter V; I'm well aware of how it is to play characters that aren't exactly the ones I would want to play.

And sorry, but I don't really care about "objectively hideous dude" when it comes to the characters I pick. I like his attitude, I like his fighting style and I just like him as a character. The ENTIRE reason I play any character in a fighting game is aesthetics, and I'd rather play him than be stuck with the ones that are there right now.

Xeteh

You don't know that! I will meditate, and perhaps consult the oracle. It all depends on how she plays, matchups, etc. We know she's going

Don't lie to me. You've been looking for a reason. WAITING FOR A REASON. You're the mentor that has students rebel against him because he thinks himself bigger than the ideals.

I don't know where I'm going with this but... one day I will defeat you.

Probably not, you're really good and I suck.

Good news for Urien fans. We're one character closer to Urien!
Balrog fans crying about Balrog not coming out for a couple months, while Urien fans have to wait until September... Capcom better not fuck him up with some dumb suspenders redesign, most of the dlc character default costumes have been misses for me..

qcf x2

What are you even saying. Do all characters play similarly to you? Maybe Balrog's playstyle, fundamentally, appeals to me more than any of the other characters in the roster? And I've played thousands of matches in Street Fighter V; I'm well aware of how it is to play characters that aren't exactly the ones I would want to play.

And sorry, but I don't really care about "objectively hideous dude" when it comes to the characters I pick. I like his attitude, I like his fighting style and I just like him as a character. The ENTIRE reason I play any character in a fighting game is aesthetics, and I'd rather play him than be stuck with the ones that are there right now.

I'm so confused by this, but do you. I just personally can't relate I guess.

FluxWaveZ

I'm so confused by this, but do you. I just personally can't relate I guess.

There shouldn't be anything confusing about aesthetics first and gameplay second. Did you think the reason I'm a Super Platinum MIka is because I like how she plays? The only reason I gravitated towards Mika in the Beta and in the final game is because I love her spunk. Oh, and because she has flashy looking moves. That's it. It's like that for me in literally any competitive game. I then adapt myself around how they play.

I wouldn't have nearly as much fun if I was playing a character/faction (e.g. Zerg in SCII) that I didn't actually like superficially.

Edit: Though this is putting aside the fact that Balrog does not play—and logically will not play—like the rest of the characters in the roster, and I would prefer from a gameplay perspective to play Balrog than anyone else.

qcf x2

There shouldn't be anything confusing about aesthetics first and gameplay second. Did you think the reason I'm a Super Platinum MIka is because I like how she plays? The only reason I gravitated towards Mika in the Beta and in the final game is because I love her spunk. Oh, and because she has flashy looking moves. That's it. It's like that for me in literally any competitive game. I then adapt myself around how they play.

I wouldn't have nearly as much fun if I was playing a character/faction (e.g. Zerg in SCII) that I didn't actually like superficially.

Well, that makes more sense. And yeah, I think most peoples first assumption would be that someone mains a character because they like how they play. I suppose the ideal is a balance between character design and gameplay, and some deep psychological words could be written about what the choice character says about the player.

KingBroly

Banned
Why are you so adorable? You mean Tuesday right?

No, I imagine Capcom works like a sweatshop so they have no breaks and only get 10 minutes of sunlight a day if they do a satisfactory job.

So tonight it is, just so they can say it wasn't put out at the end of the month :p

No, I imagine Capcom works like a sweatshop so they have no breaks and only get 10 minutes of sunlight a day if they do a satisfactory job.

So tonight it is, just so they can say it wasn't put out at the end of the month :p

why do they need to say that? what is so hard for people to understand that the last day of a month is still part of the month...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom