• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
Finally release a blog post, no release date. GJ Capcom.

Zenny shop is never coming out is it? This game isn't going to be complete till 2018 at the earliest at this point.

Wonder what they mean by 'surprise' for the June update. Maybe the surprise'll be that it's released on time?

I was joking when I said they'd say 'everyone gets the first 6 DLC characters for free, SP owners get next year's season of DLC on top of everything this year.' Now I'm kinda coming to the realization that it's possible since they've gone dark on everything except characters and stages.

Neoxon

I was joking when I said they'd say 'everyone gets the first 6 DLC characters for free, SP owners get next year's season of DLC on top of everything this year.' Now I'm kinda coming to the realization that it's possible since they've gone dark on everything except characters and stages.
I'd be more than okay with this.

Shito

Yeah, I don't mind them postponing Ibuki for June, but I do mind them not telling us.
I would even be okay with just a vague "it'll be June"...

Korezo

I'm back doing guile trials to get free money before he gets removed and still stuck on #7 and 8 because any hit before cr.mp makes it impossible for me to link cr.mp into a sonic boom, the boom never comes out. How fast or slow am I suppose to be doing it because I'm charging way before cr.mp. I'm starting to blame the ps4 stick pc mod input lag....

KingBroly

Banned
Yeah, I don't mind them postponing Ibuki for June, but I do mind them not telling us.
I would even be okay with just a vague "it'll be June"...

Capcom touted this as a "Service Game" without really understanding what it meant. I interpret it as 'we can do whatever the fuck we want.' Service Games, the good ones anyway, have constant updates both for the game and in terms of communication. Street Fighter 5 has NONE of that. We got 1 blog post a week for 2 weeks at the start, then everything went to Hell.

This is how Splatoon did it. 'This is how the first 3 months will work, then we'll have another 3 months after that.' Then after it released it was 'new weapon in a day, new mode in 3 days, etc.' Constantly drip-feeding players to keep them engaged with the product. In terms of 'service games' there aren't any other Console games that have done it like Splatoon. It's the standard bearer. Why? Because it was planned to release that way, and not simply a 'do as I say, not what I do' kinda thing that SF5 fell into.

Steroyd

I'm back doing guile trials to get free money before he gets removed and still stuck on #7 and 8 because any hit before cr.mp makes it impossible for me to link cr.mp into a sonic boom, the boom never comes out. How fast or slow am I suppose to be doing it because I'm charging way before cr.mp. I'm starting to blame the ps4 stick pc mod input lag....

Try not to do a Sonic Boom after cr.mp but cancelling cr.mp into Sonic Boom.

In other words do a Sonic Boom the moment you press cr.mp.

El Sloth

Banned
Blog post makes it sound like Ibuki is gonna need to restock her kunai after every use. Maybe to mitigate kunai pressure/mixups after knockdown?

Edit: Ah, I misread. She can carry up to five at once, and restock afterwards. I wonder if you have to use up all five before you can restock or if you can restock any time she has less than five.

Ryce

story mode costumes are also already "on the disc".
Yeah, but there's a story costume for each character, so it seems like those were deliberately created to be "sold" (with Fight Money) as DLC. Daytime Kanzuki Estate is the only stage on the disc that's being withheld, so it feels kind of fishy. There's no reason it couldn't have been included day one.

Scotia

Banned
Yeah, but there's a story costume for each character, so it seems like those were deliberately created to be "sold" (with Fight Money) as DLC. Daytime Kanzuki Estate is the only stage on the disc that's being withheld, so it feels kind of fishy. There's no reason it couldn't have been included day one.

There's also the Shadaloo base stage with Sagat instead of FANG.

Holy shit that's going to be Balrog's stage, isn't it?

To their credit, they did add a new stage for Guile. They can definitely add a new stage for the new DLC characters or at least add 2 or 3 when the Story Mode drops.

EDIT: Oh fuck, they're definitely gonna make a SFV announcement at E3 at this point. Hopefully something like a "Story Mode and Ibuki available now or tomorrow" type situation.

FluxWaveZ

No date, no Zenny Shop... this game.

Fuck "surprises," who the hell cares? They are not in a position to give "surprises" anymore. Their latest "surprise," the Ibuki trailer, isn't actually a surprise. Detail and communicate EXACTLY the prospective plans for this stuff; the common hype cycle doesn't apply when they can't even fulfil features they promised long before the game was out.

They deserve the ire they get.

Guess we know our Balrog Stage then.

Still hope his is an ostentatious boxing ring to double as a wrestling ring for Mika.

A surprise for me at this point would be the unhinted-at inclusion of a guest character in the next patch.

I want the Sardine Beach stage for Mika if she were to get a stage.

They showed Zangief and Mika in a wrestling ring, in the trailer for the story mode.

Also Mika's artwork has a wrestling ring in the background. I think there definitely will be a wrestling ring stage in the future.

Btw, these guys can't even deliver on their own plan of a character a month. Highly doubt they're now going to throw in surprise characters at this point.

Scotia

Banned
Part of me doubts they'd release a trailer for Ibuki now if she was coming out in June or something. Capcom might announce today or tomorrow when she's dropping.

Urien = Nighttime Waterfall Stage

Juri = Nighttime Brazil Stage?

Urien waterfall stage makes sense with Nash apparently buried there.

I don't remember a nighttime Brazil stage?

Shito

Part of me doubts they'd release a trailer for Ibuki now if she was coming out in June or something. Capcom might announce today or tomorrow when she's dropping.
Yep, but it's safe to bet she probably won't be available tomorrow, so she will probably slip to early June, at the end of this week or the next one...

Pompadour

Yep, but it's safe to bet she probably won't be available tomorrow, so she will probably slip to early June, at the end of this week or the next one...

Why is this is a safe bet? Alex was released the second to last day of March and Guile was released during the last week. This is par for the course.

Shito

Why is this is a safe bet? Alex was released the second to last day of March and Guile was released during the last week. This is par for the course.
Are you really expecting them to release her by tomorrow, even though on the two occasions they spoke about her they didn't give a date?
I wouldn't hold my breath... ^^

kasane

GGs, man.

You have a general idea of what solid play should be but there is a just a few things you should focus on shoring up.

Protect your ankles in neutral. You should be ready to down back on reaction. There were a lot of slides you should be able to protect yourself against

Anti-airs - IDK what Karin's are besides ex dp but you can't let those jump ins for free.

Defense - I think you were trying to retaliate with a strong or non jab when in block and it got you hit for some damaging combos. That just comes with more experience and some studying but if you don't know in the moment of battle just keep blocking or test it out with a jab so you can find which is true strings and not. Punishable or not. And don't be so impatient.

The connection bars were all over the place but the actual connection was fine in of itself for me so hopefully it was for you

GGs again. We can play again some other time

i was trying to jab out of wakeup, habit from usf4 lol. karins anti airs are pretty trash, you either have to air to air or fierce work but its horrible

Korezo

Try not to do a Sonic Boom after cr.mp but cancelling cr.mp into Sonic Boom.

In other words do a Sonic Boom the moment you press cr.mp.

#7 is impossible for me, when am I suppose to be charging? I can cancel cr.mp to sonic boom easy, its when theirs a hit before cr.mp that I can't, don't know why.

#7 is impossible for me, when am I suppose to be charging? I can cancel cr.mp to sonic boom easy, its when theirs a hit before cr.mp that I can't, don't know why.

is this hp into crmp into boom?
You just start charging as soon as you press hp, don't wait till you need to press cr mp to actually press cr, press it the instant after you press hp.

So I work in a company that sells a software worldwide to over 500 companies... And whenever we're behind on a roadmap, the reason we're so ambiguous with a client is because we know we dun goofed.

So this whole "big surprise in June!!" thing is going to be jack shit, just saying. Don't get your hopes up.

Screw you Capcom for making me waste money on the season pass haha.

Pompadour

Are you really expecting them to release her by tomorrow, even though on the two occasions they spoke about her they didn't give a date?
I wouldn't hold my breath... ^^

If you put a gun to my head and said "Ibuki is going to be released in May or June and if you choose wrong, you die" I would pick May. It's much weirder if she were to release in June and for them to not let us know that. Capcom does a lot of baffling things but for them to go "Oh, of course she's releasing in June, obviously. It's May 30th already" makes no sense.

FluxWaveZ

If you put a gun to my head and said "Ibuki is going to be released in May or June and if you choose wrong, you die" I would pick May. It's much weirder if she were to release in June and for them to not let us know that. Capcom does a lot of baffling things but for them to go "Oh, of course she's releasing in June, obviously. It's May 30th already" makes no sense.

Well, we'll see.

qcf x2

Urien = Nighttime Waterfall Stage

Juri = Nighttime Brazil Stage?

Nah, Urien's stage will be the illumanti coffin area in that cave. I'm pretty sure they already have it finished. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the "surprise" is that they graciously decided to unlock the other parts of stages that have clearly been made.
So I work in a company that sells a software worldwide to over 500 companies... And whenever we're behind on a roadmap, the reason we're so ambiguous with a client is because we know we dun goofed.

So this whole "big surprise in June!!" thing is going to be jack shit, just saying. Don't get your hopes up.

Screw you Capcom for making me waste money on the season pass haha.

I mean, yeah. Radio silence and, even worse, intentional omission of pertinent details & ignoring pertinent questions for a service is always a sign of a clusterfuck of an operation. Especially when the team in question is full of characters who were known to be extremely active on social media regarding the product/brand pre-launch.

The blog post being gone is weird af. But who knows with this game. I hope Ibuki comes out soon. For me they have until KoF releases to get things right. If not then the netcode will determine which game I play/support moving forward.

Edzi

The blog post's wording seems to imply Ibuki got delayed to June, and that's also the only explanation I can think of for Capcom avoiding any mention of a release date.

El Sloth

Banned
Picture shows 6 kunais tho
dfW0Pun.jpg

pNttlZt.jpg

Those are pretty clearly 6, like you said, so blog post is prob just a typo

qcf x2

I don't like the additional gauge, tbh. I know it's the easiest way to make it work but it feels like pandora's box being opened. One of my beefs with ArkSys games is the UI clutter.

Xeteh

And I really hope I don't get attacked for this but.... Capcom should add more incentive to Season Pass owners.

I've seen you say this a few times and I still don't get it. Of all the things Capcom has done wrong, as long as they deliver the promised content to SP owners why would you expect more?

I don't like the additional gauge, tbh. I know it's the easiest way to make it work but it feels like pandora's box being opened. One of my beefs with ArkSys games is the UI clutter.

And you hate the animes.

Ryce

I doubt it's going to become commonplace. Out of 50 characters, only Phoenix Wright and Frank West had unique gauges in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

OrochiJR

Showing the Ibuki trailer and saying nothing about when she's released and what's up with the new stage seen in the video is representative of how this game has been managed so far.

If she doesn't miraculously drop tomorrow Capcom will have failed their own schedule. How this trainwreck of a "service" has been unfolding since launch is frustrating to watch, especially if you care about the series. The lack of modes has already been discussed in abundance. The Daily Challenges and the Zenny shop have been announced way before launch and haven't seen the light of day even now shortly before the third DLC character (presumably) releases. That's half the season pass content which will be available for free for everyone in the meantime until Ono and Capcom get their shit together. People who were actually stupid enough to buy the pass in advance because they thought "hey, this is SF, what could possibly go wrong" like me have not yet profited from this investment.

We all know the gameplay itself is spot on, but when your possibilities to enjoy this great gameplay are limited to the extremely short "story" mode, the abysmal survival mode and getting decimated by killers online (if you're only low or mid tier that is) there is only so much fun that can be had currently.

When you look to the competitors offerings like Guilty Gear Xrd, Mortal Kombat X and Killer Instinct that all offer a plethora of features that SFV is lacking coupled with Capcom clearly knowing they f-ed up, sticking their head in the sand and being on radio-silence most of the time since release it's a sad sight to behold.

And nobody needs to praise the quality of the current game or the core gameplay, because it is freaking Street Fighter. This is not Double Dragon V. Great gameplay and being among the if not the very best in its genre is what is expected! This is not some small indy company, this is Capcom for Christ's sake. They are the guys behind so many legendary and successful franchises, the company that made Street Fighter, Resident Evil and Monster Hunter, games that generate big bucks in this industry.

This whole thing has been an embarrassment so far. I hope at E3 they announce a massive update like SFV Turbo coupled with a relaunch in order to fix the game's image.

Wait there's seriously a chance Ibuki won't be out tomorrow? After they put out that content roadmap explicitly showing a DLC character? Would they really delay her release without informing the consumer? Especially after they're acting like they have a treat planned for the consumer next month?

How would that even work? LOL. Capcom: "Oh right...you guys were expecting a character today? Forgot to mention, she's delayed. But stay tuned in June ;)" They pulled the same trying to be cute shit w/SFxT. I can't think they'd do that again.

FluxWaveZ

This whole thing has been an embarrassment so far. I hope at E3 they announce a massive update like SFV Turbo coupled with a relaunch in order to fix the game's image.

E3 is only two weeks away and Capcom is still giving the impression that they're in a scramble when it comes to this game. There is no way this happens.

If we get info at E3 and, honestly, who knows if that's going to be the case since they just might wait until the end of June, it'll be this:
  1. Story mode info
  2. Zenny Shop info
  3. Daily Challenges info
  4. Ibuki release (depends on what happens tomorrow)
And that's about it.

SSReborn

Not gonna jump on the assumption or w.e that the character isn't going to be released tomorrow (though I wouldn't be surprised) however if she doesn't, the fact that they didn't say anything at all and thought that it would go over well shows how foolish they truly are.

Even with the backlash that they would get, saying something is still better than silence with regards to sensitive issues such as a delay of a character or their own schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom