• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that wait for a trailer? No blog post?

Also, garbage character design. Why's Ibuki even in the game this early?

Very popular character, unique aesthetic for the roster at the moment, unique gameplay for the roster at the moment, female in a currently low ratio of females, SF3 rep in a currently low ratio of SF3 reps...

SephLuis

I really hope Capcom throws a odd one and next character is Juri.

Makes no sense for you to hide the order in promotional papers if you're gonna write it everywhere.

Neoxon

I really hope Capcom throws a odd one and next character is Juri.

Makes no sense for you to hide the order in promotional papers if you're gonna write it everywhere.
If they're gonna throw the order out of whack, might as well put Urien next.
Capcom pls

Flowmoney

It's weird that balrog is missing from the moment shadaloo is suppose to fall and after they talked so much about the group. I don't think he is even type to run away like Juri on the mini story modes. Guess his appearances will be small in story mode , if any at all.

SSReborn

It's weird that balrog is missing from the moment shadaloo is suppose to fall and after they talked so much about the group. I don't think he is even type to run away like Juri on the mini story modes. Guess his appearances will be small in story mode , if any at all.
Maybe they'll have those incomplete styled characters in story mode kind of like how they had a rougher version of Rain in MKX but he isn't actually playable.

kasane

why do i have to alt tab to put my game back to 60 fps everytime
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

it locks at 30 fps at the start but after i alt tab it goes back to 60

Neoxon

HEy Guys, I m new in the commity and wanted to join SFV Hype TRAIN
Welcome aboard, my friend. You're free to hit us up for a few sets if you want, which can really help with any problematic match-ups you may have (or if you just want experience against a certain character).

Ken_Master

Neo Member
Welcome aboard, my friend. You're free to hit us up for a few sets if you want, which can really help with any problematic match-ups you may have (or if you just want experience against a certain character).

Thanks! Im playing on PC atm ( ID ngodtirex) I used to play during the weekend and some times in the week. It will be really helpfull to join some Lounges (Y)

Welcome !

Thanks!

Edgeward

10 straight rounds dawg

no clue what to do against balrog lmao, i actually dont know how to play this game in general.

GGs, man.

You have a general idea of what solid play should be but there is a just a few things you should focus on shoring up.

Protect your ankles in neutral. You should be ready to down back on reaction. There were a lot of slides you should be able to protect yourself against

Anti-airs - IDK what Karin's are besides ex dp but you can't let those jump ins for free.

Defense - I think you were trying to retaliate with a strong or non jab when in block and it got you hit for some damaging combos. That just comes with more experience and some studying but if you don't know in the moment of battle just keep blocking or test it out with a jab so you can find which is true strings and not. Punishable or not. And don't be so impatient.

The connection bars were all over the place but the actual connection was fine in of itself for me so hopefully it was for you

GGs again. We can play again some other time

Shito

So we basically know the order of the next characters by now. Balrog > Juri > Urien right?
Yeah, we can now consider they are going by the latest order, and not that silhouette pic everybody got stuck on for whatever reason. ^^
I'm quite surprised at how much she's different from SF4: she looks like she will be a lot of fun, will definitely try her out a bit!
And I quite like that costume, way less bland and boring than her regular ninja outfit...

Now am I the only one smelling something fishy about them not giving us a date?

Zerojul

I'd presume such a thing would be published sometime in the day (in NA).

No way would they have released a blog post or any of that information on a Sunday. It'll be posted Monday (today), par for the course.

Sure, probably.

In any case not giving a release date for a DLC in said DLC's trailer seems weird as heck to me, but that's how they always did it after all. That's the capcom way.

About Ibuki I'm glad we're getting another female char to take the sausage fest down a peg, but when all is said and done I think I'd rather have had Boxer. I would have loved to see him at evo.

Well Monday is Memorial Day and I assume any NA employees will get the day off and most offices will be closed.

While I'm fine with ibuki I really wanted to see how rog was going to turn out and for pr rog to pick him up and make magic happen.

I just started playing again after 3-4 weeks (not because I was bored, but because of work).

The things that irk me really stand out still. Game is really jab/short heavy. With some characters leading to good damage off this. And about cross-ups where the character is on the other side when they land, even though you blocked from the front side. I'm looking at some of my replays when they happens. I'm just like, wtf. haha. Jump-ins seem to "stick" so well. I can't explain it. Alot of hit stun of course.

Main thing though, the netcode is still really bad for me. Teleporting all the time. It's frustrating, because all my other fighting games are fine on my connections. Matchmaking is slow as well.

Sometimes it keeps me from playing the game in huge chunks. Everything is so slow getting through the UI/menus, the long matchmaking, the terrible rollback. I played so much SF4 because it was quick to get back into a match.

I still think the game is fun and have played a crapload today. Just some thoughts.

No date on the blogpost. Wtf

Oh it's probably June considering what's said at the end. I guess they really couldn't make it. Like, cool delay your stuff if you have to because I don't want a broken character but let the people know.

Scotia

Banned
Damnd

Damnd, the Mad Gear gang member, in a good mood.
An odious fellow, who calls his accomplices with a whistle.
His rolling kick hurts quite a lot.

Damnd.jpg

Name: Damnd
Height: 218cm
Weight: 201kg
Blood Type: A
Birthday: September 10
Home Country: USA
Favorite things: Money, Strawberry sundae
Dislikes: Hardships

The original abductor of Jessica, the daughter of Metro City's mayor Mike Haggar.
Doesn't refrain from resorting to dirty tricks, if that means his victory.
Has informers inside the local police and FBI.
Loves money.

Scotia

Banned
Finally release a blog post, no release date. GJ Capcom.

Zenny shop is never coming out is it? This game isn't going to be complete till 2018 at the earliest at this point.

Wonder what they mean by 'surprise' for the June update. Maybe the surprise'll be that it's released on time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom