• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
No date, no Zenny Shop... this game.

Fuck "surprises," who the hell cares? They are not in a position to give "surprises" anymore. Their latest "surprise," the Ibuki trailer, isn't actually a surprise. Detail and communicate EXACTLY the prospective plans for this stuff; the common hype cycle doesn't apply when they can't even fulfil features they promised long before the game was out.

They deserve the ire they get.

Still hope his is an ostentatious boxing ring to double as a wrestling ring for Mika.
Does is matter?

I don’t get why everyone gets so upset with Capcom’s communication? I just check back and play when there’s new stuff, why is the roadmap being more accurate/detailed so important?

And a new mode would certainly be a surprise no?

I dunno, but since launch, I’ve never been as bothered after the initial “this release was whack and barebones” phase wore off. I simply put SF down, play a plethora of other games, and come back when an update hits. I don’t care if Capcom tweets/messages out stuff all the time like SF is the only thing consuming my time. I feel like we want to be babysat with constant communication.

FluxWaveZ

Does is matter?

I don’t get why everyone gets so upset with Capcom’s communication? I just check back and play when there’s new stuff, why is the roadmap being more accurate/detailed so important?

I dunno, but since launch, I’ve never been as bothered after the initial “this release was whack and barebones” phase wore off. I simply put SF down, play a plethora of other games, and come back when an update hits.

Yes it matters, because Capcom and SFV don't exist in a bubble. We compare this game to other games with the same ambition such as Splatoon or some Blizzard titles, and it's a joke. The game was advertised as a "service game" from the outset, with elaborate outlines and all that jazz prior to release. Kind of a way to justify how barebones it was when it first came out. A lot of people bought the game with that in mind (season pass buyers, particularly), but it sounds like it was all talk and little action, because they're still struggling when it comes to delivering.

When I look at how much of the game is a mess outside of the actual gameplay, I'm not going to hand-wave away this nonsense. ESPECIALLY when they can't even communicate with their consumers properly.

And there's not going to be a new mode (available anytime soon, I should say).

SephLuis

I don't think Capcom would release a trailer and say she's been delayed. It would be far too much stupid, even for Capcom.

I bet in E3 we are getting a trailer for story mode and, in the best case possible, being available to download soon after the conference/announcement.

They might talk about the Zenny shop or daily challenges too, but I expect them to talk about SP modes to be available in the future, maybe even next year.

Xeteh

Does is matter?

I dunno, but since launch, I’ve never been as bothered after the initial “this release was whack and barebones” phase wore off. I simply put SF down, play a plethora of other games, and come back when an update hits. I don’t care if Capcom tweets/messages out stuff all the time like SF is the only thing consuming my time. I feel like we want to be babysat with constant communication.

Because promising things and then being quiet when people want to know is fucking dumb? Is it really that surprising to you that people might care about things you don't?

Does is matter?

I don't think simply coming out and saying "Hey guys, unfortunately we had to delay Ibuki for a couple of weeks, but stay tuned next month for her release and more some additional surprises in June!" is too much to ask. Plus not everyone has a plethora of games to play. SFV might be the only game some of us really play. Of course, this talk won't really matter if she's released tomorrow lol.

They didn't announce the release date for Alex or Guile in the initial blog reveal either, although this reveal was so late I can see why people expected it in this one. My guess is they reveal the release date and *possibly* some news on the Zenny Shop on the blog tomorrow.

So maybe Capcom’s reads threads like this, and on SRK or Capcom Community. I’m sure the request are plenty with how little modes we got at launch. But I spent a lot of time with the game and conversing with groups of all skill sets and here’s a list I think would instantly improve reception of the game and reasons for doing such.

- Daily Challenges; This needs to be in ASAP as it will give everyone a victory lap or a sense of accomplishment by picking up the game everyday and playing online matches. There’s no sugar coating it, SF is mostly fun when you win. You don’t have to win all the time, but you need to experience it often to keep coming back. Lower level players need a reason to keep improving so they can get that feeling, and completing challenges like “5 CA finishes” or “V-reversal 10 times” will reward them with fight money and exclusive items.

- Arcade Mode with Boss Fights; This is a pretty simple solution honestly, I’m not sure how simple it is code wise, but from a laymen’s perspective, Capcom could essentially use the still shots already in the Story mode game for each character, make you progress through the current roster with increasing difficulty, and give both Bison and Necalli unlimited V-trigger in the final 2 fights to represent the Boss Fight.

- Cosmetic options; There needs to be more ways to make your main character stand out, and much of it the community is likely willing to pay for. Along with leveling your character up and daily challenges, Capcom really needs to start adding small items to the store like a different color GI belt for Ken and Ryu. Shoes, Hats, Scarves, Gloves, Backpacks, Glasses, and various other accessories. I hope this is how the game was intended to update and not just alternate costumes per character. This put ownership over you character, and again gives players of all skill levels something to work for and a great sense of accomplishment. This is how SF get it’s RPG-lite elements without sacrificing anything appealing the the hardcore FGC.

- A separate Ranking needs to be added for character levels. This doesn’t necessarily require high level skill to achieve, but it show dedication to your character. Players should feel rewarding for leveling up their character to 50, 60 etc...right along with the top players who have the most LP

- Reduced priced or free to play version for next year after more modes are added. It has to happen Capcom, no way casuals are going to pick it up any other way.

Ryu is almost impossible to fight against because of the higher input lag in online matches. Their's more to it with the netcode than just Rollback and input lag is a lot higher when playing online.

Just look at this shit. Counter Hit EX moonsault +5 on hit followed by CR.MP and somehow I get hit by a reversal CA. It didn't even trade, I even tried to recreate this in training mode but could never get the same result. If he blocked it I could understand but he wasn't

giphy.gif

Because promising things and then being quiet when people want to know is fucking dumb? Is it really that surprising to you that people might care about things you don't?
eh..I guess man, I just don’t care that much. I just want to know if the content is there or not, I don’t need a confirmation that we’re reaching our roadmap goals every month.

I don't think simply coming out and saying "Hey guys, unfortunately we had to delay Ibuki for a couple of weeks, but stay tuned next month for her release and more some additional surprises in June!" is too much to ask. Plus not everyone has a plethora of games to play. SFV might be the only game some of us really play. Of course, this talk won't really matter if she's released tomorrow lol.
True enough...hope she releases tomorrow.

Producer

Ryu is almost impossible to fight against because of the higher input lag in online matches. Their's more to it with the netcode than just Rollback and input lag is a lot higher when playing online.

Just look at this shit. Counter Hit EX moonsault +5 on hit followed by CR.MP and somehow I get hit by a reversal CA. It didn't even trade, I even tried to recreate this in training mode but could never get the same result. If he blocked it I could understand but he wasn't

Or maybe you just hit cMP too late :p

Shito

I don't see why people are still expecting Ibuki to release tomorrow when they never even mentioned "May" in neither the trailer nor the blog post.
She's probably releasing soon, though.
A friend of mine joked that they are going to announce her for "the 35th of May!"...

Yes it matters, because Capcom and SFV don't exist in a bubble. We compare this game to other games with the same ambition such as Splatoon or some Blizzard titles, and it's a joke. The game was advertised as a "service game" from the outset, with elaborate outlines and all that jazz prior to release. Kind of a way to justify how barebones it was when it first came out. A lot of people bought the game with that in mind (season pass buyers, particularly), but it sounds like it was all talk and little action, because they're still struggling when it comes to delivering.

When I look at how much of the game is a mess outside of the actual gameplay, I'm not going to hand-wave away this nonsense. ESPECIALLY when they can't even communicate with their consumers properly.

And there's not going to be a new mode (available anytime soon, I should say).

To be fair they only thing they've been "struggling" on delivering is the zeny shop, everything else on their timeline is has been delivered. If ibuki gets released tomorrow then they are still on track with everything cept the zenny shop.

I agree with omni, I don't even see what they could possibly be communicating constantly, considering we already know the timeline.
I guess it would be nice if they officiall communicated/translated those character profiles, but I don't see there being anything else of note they could keep me updated with.

giphy.gif

raf,750x1000,075,t,5e504c:7bf03840f4.jpg

Xeteh

eh..I guess man, I just don’t care that much. I just want to know if the content is there or not, I don’t need a confirmation that we’re reaching our roadmap goals every month.

I bought the season pass, I'd like to know what the status is on the content I paid for. It isn't really asking much nor is it some crazy off the wall request.

LegendX48

I don't see why people are still expecting Ibuki to release tomorrow when they never even mentioned "May" in neither the trailer nor the blog post.
A friend of mine joked that they are going to announce her for "the 35th of May!"...

Well, seeing as Alex was basically the April Character and Guile the May character with how late they released, Ibuki outright skipping May and just coming out in June is the next logical step.

FluxWaveZ

To be fair they only thing they've been "struggling" on delivering is the zeny shop, everything else on their timeline is has been delivered. If ibuki gets released tomorrow then they are still on track with everything cept the zenny shop.

I agree with omni, I don't even see what they could possibly be communicating constantly, considering we already know the timeline.
I guess it would be nice if they officiall communicated/translated those character profiles, but I don't see there being anything else of note they could keep me updated with.

The fact that there's so much confusion around this game STILL is a testament to poor communication from Capcom. There's the Zenny Shop, and then there are daily challenges as well. Struggling refers to everything surrounding this game: RQ fixes and the lack thereof, lack of content, the fact that matchmaking is still a mess, the fact that everything related to stats in-game isn't working, etc.

Yeah, they explictly mentioned June in the blog post and not May. Besides like a couple people have mentioned it is about to be June in Japan very soon so they have already missed the May deadline. I think she will be released pretty soon, possibly this week but I don't know about tomorrow.

Steroyd

giphy.gif

Doable if you drop the combo, the timing from EX moonsault to cr.mp is so tight I almost thought it wasn't combo-able when I just tried it, if the oponent is just mashing DP while getting combo'd the laws of averages is in their favour if you're trying to keep pressure.

Which is why I'm trying to get my execution to 100% reliable, Cammy's combo's end with the opponent on the floor where DP mashers should stay the whole time.

Lol countblack.

mjb3611

I played for like 4 hours straight last night. There were a ton of good players on and I wasn't waiting long at all between matches. You know, the people that rage quit really don't bother me except not getting the points for the fight. It just seems so meaningless to me. Why would you let a game affect you so severely that you can't accept losing? It happens to all of us. And in the end, we both know you lost so meh... Get over it. I'm really intrigued by Ibuki so I can hopefully add another non-Ken character. I've tried multiple times to stop using him but no one flows as well for me as Ken. Even Ryu. The joy I get from giving someone a Shoryuken is unmatched. Any who, just wanted to share.

SSReborn

The fact that there's so much confusion around this game STILL is a testament to poor communication from Capcom. There's the Zenny Shop, and then there are daily challenges as well. Struggling refers to everything surrounding this game: RQ fixes and the lack thereof, lack of content, the fact that matchmaking is still a mess, the fact that everything related to stats in-game isn't working, etc.
Lol yeah this one still gets me. All that cool shit that seemed like it would be tracked and I assumed would just work in full release. Still not even a word on it.

Doable if you drop the combo, the timing from EX moonsault to cr.mp is so tight I almost thought it wasn't combo-able when I just tried it, if the oponent is just mashing DP while getting combo'd the laws of averages is in their favour if you're trying to keep pressure.

Which is why I'm trying to get my execution to 100% reliable, Cammy's combo's end with the opponent on the floor where DP mashers should stay the whole time.

Lol countblack.

Here's what it looks like when I dropped it in training. Cr.MP was still at it's start up frames and it still traded with the CA.

giphy.gif

Versus the online version

giphy.gif

ElFly

It'd seem like you actually hit earlier online, given how the crMP actually came out.

Maybe Ryu's CA has invincible frames?

Ex moonsault is +5 but crMP has 6 frames of startup so it seems whatever lag there is actually made you throw the punch earlier.

It'd seem like you actually hit earlier online, given how the crMP actually came out.

Maybe Ryu's CA has invincible frames?

Ex moonsault is +5 but crMP has 6 frames of startup so it seems whatever lag there is actually made you throw the punch earlier.

Later on the game started to lag with the rollback kicking in. He was on the PS4.

Looks like the active frames of your mp ran out, and thus it didn't trade.

Perhaps the CA has a bit of startup invincibility, or, starting the CA puts ryu far enough back that your mp hitbox doesn't reach his hurtbox, your mp stops having active frames, and you eat the super.

ElFly

Why are you trying to follow with crMP anyway? Doesn't crLP combo?

Don't really play Nash, but seems like a risky mixup against someone with super bar. I think a MP shoryu would have hit you too? Altho don't really think most Ryu players would have tried to punish with DP after the ex-moonsault unless you had done the crMP afterwards a couple of times before.

Lag can sometimes be terrible, yeah.

As a Zangief player I've sometimes been lag cheated out of a SPD I landed.

Steroyd

Here's what it looks like when I dropped it in training. Cr.MP was still at it's start up frames and it still traded with the CA.

giphy.gif

Versus the online version

giphy.gif

I was able to replicate the online version just fine without the trade.

2kQg7v.gif

Not saying the rollback plus input lag didn't create a situation where you dropped the combo shit happens to me quite a few times in a match, but it doesn't make it impossible against Ryu's.either, I feel this 8f input lag is creating some extra placebo affect ontop of everything else.

Edit: Looking at the gif where you tried to replicate it, the cr.mp is still a few frames earlier than the one in the online and the one I replicated, might be a active frames/hurtbox thing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I dont care about new game modes, i care about the little stuff:

• Player 2 cannot go back to character select!!
  • Battlelounge's dont show connection strength
  • Training mode not saving options
  • Unskippable 10 sec outro animation after a match
  • Server connection issues
  • No connection quality filter for Battlelounge search
  • Uneven input lag that gives PC players an advantage over PS4's
  • Stat tracking still dont work
  • Battle Graph still doesnt work
  • Ken goin' right through Guile
  • R Mika CA having extra range if performed near the corner (Maybe it's a design decission?)
  • Alex version glitch

ElFly

crMP has 3 active frames, so the offline version had to be delayed a lot. It means the online version just eats 3 frames during startup invincibility?

sixghost

#7 is impossible for me, when am I suppose to be charging? I can cancel cr.mp to sonic boom easy, its when theirs a hit before cr.mp that I can't, don't know why.

You can cancel the cr.MP into boom pretty late. It's similar to Chun's st.MP, cr.MK xx sbk. Don't try to do the boom immediately after the cr.MP like you're probably used to doing, do cr.MP, wait a beat, then boom. If you really can't do it, dash before the st.HP, you can input the st.HP before the dash is over, giving you a bit more time to charge.

Mediking

So maybe Capcom’s reads threads like this, and on SRK or Capcom Community. I’m sure the request are plenty with how little modes we got at launch. But I spent a lot of time with the game and conversing with groups of all skill sets and here’s a list I think would instantly improve reception of the game and reasons for doing such.

- Daily Challenges; This needs to be in ASAP as it will give everyone a victory lap or a sense of accomplishment by picking up the game everyday and playing online matches. There’s no sugar coating it, SF is mostly fun when you win. You don’t have to win all the time, but you need to experience it often to keep coming back. Lower level players need a reason to keep improving so they can get that feeling, and completing challenges like “5 CA finishes” or “V-reversal 10 times” will reward them with fight money and exclusive items.

- Arcade Mode with Boss Fights; This is a pretty simple solution honestly, I’m not sure how simple it is code wise, but from a laymen’s perspective, Capcom could essentially use the still shots already in the Story mode game for each character, make you progress through the current roster with increasing difficulty, and give both Bison and Necalli unlimited V-trigger in the final 2 fights to represent the Boss Fight.

- Cosmetic options; There needs to be more ways to make your main character stand out, and much of it the community is likely willing to pay for. Along with leveling your character up and daily challenges, Capcom really needs to start adding small items to the store like a different color GI belt for Ken and Ryu. Shoes, Hats, Scarves, Gloves, Backpacks, Glasses, and various other accessories. I hope this is how the game was intended to update and not just alternate costumes per character. This put ownership over you character, and again gives players of all skill levels something to work for and a great sense of accomplishment. This is how SF get it’s RPG-lite elements without sacrificing anything appealing the the hardcore FGC.

- A separate Ranking needs to be added for character levels. This doesn’t necessarily require high level skill to achieve, but it show dedication to your character. Players should feel rewarding for leveling up their character to 50, 60 etc...right along with the top players who have the most LP

- Reduced priced or free to play version for next year after more modes are added. It has to happen Capcom, no way casuals are going to pick it up any other way.

Don't forget to add a customizable HUD because the current HUD is horrible and bland. I'm talking about the menu display when you turn on the game to select a mode.

can't play tonight with all these server errors. got an error msg mid match, other player stopped moving but i could still beat on him and finish the game. that's new.

MrCarter

I think thier communication in terms of characters is fine as we have been getting one character a month as stated by thier timeline but I suppose they are still working on the other stuff and will be announced when it's ready.

Xeteh

I think thier communication in terms of characters is fine as we have been getting one character a month as stated by thier timeline but I suppose they are still working on the other stuff and will be announced when it's ready.

I found the Capcom employee.

I bought the season pass, I'd like to know what the status is on the content I paid for. It isn't really asking much nor is it some crazy off the wall request.

The status of your content is: one per month except june; surely you don't need push notifications telling you this constantly?

Not saying the rollback plus input lag didn't create a situation where you dropped the combo shit happens to me quite a few times in a match, but it doesn't make it impossible against Ryu's.either, I feel this 8f input lag is creating some extra placebo affect ontop of everything else.

Edit: Looking at the gif where you tried to replicate it, the cr.mp is still a few frames earlier than the one in the online and the one I replicated, might be a active frames/hurtbox thing.

I was able to replicate the same result from the online match. I don't know if it's the dummy but after blocking the Cr.MP, the move was able to combo consistently. Ryu already recovered and in his idle animation. I don't think distance has anything to do with it. Doing the CA had the same result.

giphy.gif

Xeteh

The status of your content is: one per month except june; surely you don't need push notifications telling you this constantly?

A name or a date before the 3rd last day of the month would be fucking super to start with. Zero information throughout the month and asking for anything isn't asking to for "push notifications constantly". And that one per month thing is looking kind of suspect at the moment but hey, we don't know because they don't say shit.

But yeah, if it requires them giving notifications constantly then absolutely.

A name or a date before the 3rd last day of the month would be fucking super to start with. Zero information throughout the month and asking for anything isn't asking to for "push notifications constantly". And that one per month thing is looking kind of suspect at the moment but hey, we don't know because they don't say shit.

But yeah, if it requires them giving notifications constantly then absolutely.

But that's the thing, whether it's a constant update or not, the message remains the same: one per month.
As long as they keep delivering on that it literally doesn't matter if they if they tell you constantly, weekly, bi-weekly, or not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom