• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe we're 3 months in and they don't have the damn shop working. The majority of people who would've been tempted to buy skins have probably long gone :/

Xeteh

But that's the thing, whether it's a constant update or not, the message remains the same: one per month.
As long as they keep delivering on that it literally doesn't matter if they if they tell you constantly, weekly, bi-weekly, or not at all.

Obviously it does because plenty of people are pissed off about their lack of communication. Okay, you're fine with it. Others aren't, why is that so strange? You keep saying as long as they keep to the schedule but here we are a day and a half away from June and we still don't know when this month's character is coming out. Is it really that insane to want that information?

lol just trying to be logical. It doesn't have to be all "DAMN CAPCOM *UCKED UP AGAIN?!" You know.

I don't see what is wrong with calling them out when they fuck up. I still love the game, I play it a ton but they're not handling it well at all.

MrCarter

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it though. If people want to debate Capcom's communication (or lack of it) then they can, I don't really care either way as long as I get it.

Obviously it does because plenty of people are pissed off about their lack of communication. Okay, you're fine with it. Others aren't, why is that so strange? You keep saying as long as they keep to the schedule but here we are a day and a half away from June and we still don't know when this month's character is coming out. Is it really that insane to want that information?

I don't see what is wrong with calling them out when they fuck up. I still love the game, I play it a ton but they're not handling it well at all.

There really isn't a "lack of communication" though, the communication was "one a month", the only communication they are required to make after that is if something has been delayed, which is what they did for the zenny shop.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it though. If people want to debate Capcom's communication (or lack of it) then they can, I don't really care either way as long as I get it.

People should complain. That is how behavior will change if they know people are upset and don't like how they are doing things.

Xeteh

There really isn't a "lack of communication" though, the communication was "one a month", the only communication they are required to make after that is if something has been delayed, which is what they did for the zenny shop.

Ok, keep arguing that point. Keep ignoring mine.

Have fun with that.

Ryce

What am I ignoring? That you want information they've already given you?
Capcom said Ibuki is releasing in May, and we don't know if she's releasing tomorrow despite tomorrow being the last day in May. This is on Capcom. Their communication is shit.

FluxWaveZ

What's happening with the Zenny Shop? What's happening with Daily Challenges? When is Ibuki coming out? What's happening with the in-game stats? Will searching for specific replays on CFN be fixed soon? Is there going to be a way to filter Battle Lounges by region?

Is this the first time you've followed a game which has been stated to be repeatedly updated over time? Because you can just look at how Blizzard handles things in comparison and see that the communication with their audience is night and day.

Sure, they don't "need" to say anything, but people don't "need" to be happy about it either. A huge part of what makes these games work is that as the players support the game, the developers also support the players and engender a community that can trust them and actively likes them, which in turn benefits the game itself with positive word of mouth and a playerbase that sticks around. Look at Riot Games and how they handle League of Legends.

Capcom can keep doing what they do, but as people get more and more frustrated, the playerbase will continue to drop down, only sporadically bumping up when an update happens and then quickly dropping out again. It's already a massive failure that they couldn't get what was touted to be a big source of revenue for the game working from the start.

Capcom said Ibuki is releasing in May, and we don't know if she's releasing tomorrow despite tomorrow being the last day in May. This is on Capcom. Their communication is shit.

Yes to be released in may, as long as she isn't delayed they don't have to say anything, because then she's still coming out in may.

What's happening with the Zenny Shop? What's happening with Daily Challenges? When is Ibuki coming out? What's happening with the in-game stats? Will searching for specific replays on CFN be fixed soon? Is there going to be a way to filter Battle Lounges by region?

The zenny shop was delayed until further notice, so you'll get notice when they have something to say about it, daily challenges/extra battle were listed as coming after launch, so we'll hear about them when they are close to being ready, unless communicated as delayed, Ibuki is still coming in may.
Bugs should be communicated yes.

If you run a business that has a community, then you need to communicate more frequently than once a month.

There's enough out there to assume Ibuki won't be released in May. The Capcom Unity blog regarding Alex mentioned a March update and Alex was released in March. The blog post about Guile mentioned an April update and Guile was released in April. The blog post about Ibuki only mentions June.

I'm still betting she's released this month though. There's no way they'd try to pull some slick shit like that. They can't be THAT dumb lol. Especially after putting out that content map.

If you run a business that has a community, then you need to communicate more frequently than once a month.

If you look at it, Capcom started to with Guile. The blog post, trailer, and CT were good. The blog post could have sooner, but at least we got some shit rolling.

Now, it's all mute. And from what their report said about not caring about delays as much, I'm inclined to believe they aren't shy with delaying stuff in favor of getting it right. That's perfectly fine, BUT, keep that shit in check with the previous month. Be consistent. I think most of us would be fine with a delay if they had just been like "yo, this shit is gonna be late".

Right now, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait till tomorrow. But I'd really rather them speak to whatever is suppose to be happening either way.

modders tryna keep the new character hype up

cammy_as_spider_gwen_by_thejamk-da4hrqc.png

SephLuis

I feel people are way too thirsty for information. I think Capcom knows they fucked up at launch, thus they want to give only things they are 100% certain that it will work.

They could come every month and promise a new modes, fixes and whatnot, but if they failed to deliver it would be much, much worse. I even suppose they are taking their time testing everything to hell and back to guarantee that players don't have new issues with the game.

At least, so far, they have been putting out DLC characters on schedule, so I am giving them the benefit of doubt. I guess once the current DLC plan is over, they will talk more about future features. I also expect that with the June update, we might see the missing features such as daily challenges or, at least, receive some information about them.

Shito

I can't believe we're 3 months in and they don't have the damn shop working. The majority of people who would've been tempted to buy skins have probably long gone :/
Yep, I kept repeating this was their biggest mistake up to now, and I'm sticking to it.
They already missed three months of in-app purchases, and the audience that would have just bought a few skins is indeed long gone now.
I would just love an in-depth post-mortem on what went so wrong with it, this on par or maybe worse than Driveclub's netcode that had to be totally rewritten after the game's release.

Shito

WinnerStaysOn usually have builds with new characters that are yet to be released...
They did for Guile, like a week before he released, and I'm pretty sure they did for Alex as well.

Since I missed a discussion on EX Moonsault Slash, and it comboing to Cr.MP, here's some clarification. If you do it standing, it should always combo without fail, and you can even link a St.MP after. However, f the opponent does the slightest thing to change their hurtbox, it can hit early and that creates wonky hit advantage. That's when it's safer to just link a jab afterwords because you can't risk dropping the combo. For example:

The parry changed Ryu's hurtbox, and noticeably made Nash hit higher, which caused the Cr.MP to not link. It is a difficult link in the first place, and it takes some practice to get used to it. That and LK Moonsault into St.LP.

Easily the hardest thing execution wise with Nash is his max damage 1-Bar Crush Counter combo. It is CC St.HP (Slight delay) xx EX Moonsault, Cr.MP, St.MP xx HK Scythe. The slight delay in the combo is extremely hard to get down, and I still can't the hit the combo consistently IN TRAINING, let alone a match.

Mediking

Ryu is almost impossible to fight against because of the higher input lag in online matches. Their's more to it with the netcode than just Rollback and input lag is a lot higher when playing online.

Just look at this shit. Counter Hit EX moonsault +5 on hit followed by CR.MP and somehow I get hit by a reversal CA. It didn't even trade, I even tried to recreate this in training mode but could never get the same result. If he blocked it I could understand but he wasn't

giphy.gif

Ryu's "get outta jail" free card.

If you look at it, Capcom started to with Guile. The blog post, trailer, and CT were good. The blog post could have sooner, but at least we got some shit rolling.

Now, it's all mute. And from what their report said about not caring about delays as much, I'm inclined to believe they aren't shy with delaying stuff in favor of getting it right. That's perfectly fine, BUT, keep that shit in check with the previous month. Be consistent. I think most of us would be fine with a delay if they had just been like "yo, this shit is gonna be late".

Right now, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait till tomorrow. But I'd really rather them speak to whatever is suppose to be happening either way.

Exactly. I think anyone would agree that they'd rather get the call that you're going to be late, over waiting and eventually being stood up, in any situation.

ElFly

Ok so how about they say something about the input delay. Are they gonna fix it? Is it intended?

How about the tons of small stupid details the game has.

How about they at least admit there's a problem.

Instead it seems we have to be thankful if Ibuki doesn't slide into June cause they kept their promise?

Since I missed a discussion on EX Moonsault Slash, and it comboing to Cr.MP, here's some clarification. If you do it standing, it should always combo without fail, and you can even link a St.MP after. However, f the opponent does the slightest thing to change their hurtbox, it can hit early and that creates wonky hit advantage. That's when it's safer to just link a jab afterwords because you can't risk dropping the combo. For example:

The parry changed Ryu's hurtbox, and noticeably made Nash hit higher, which caused the Cr.MP to not link. It is a difficult link in the first place, and it takes some practice to get used to it. That and LK Moonsault into St.LP.

Easily the hardest thing execution wise with Nash is his max damage 1-Bar Crush Counter combo. It is CC St.HP (Slight delay) xx EX Moonsault, Cr.MP, St.MP xx HK Scythe. The slight delay in the combo is extremely hard to get down, and I still can't the hit the combo consistently IN TRAINING, let alone a match.
Ok, I was about to quit SFV. Not really but if that was legit, I would have been so pissed. Like you said, Nash is hard enough without this kind of BS plaguing him.

ElFly

The SFV server account should say something about Ibuki

For Guile, they said the servers were going down the day before:
https://twitter.com/SFVServer/status/725491006523592705

For Alex, they linked the capcom blog post (which, you know, detailed WHEN the character would be released) two days before the downtime
https://twitter.com/SFVServer/status/714606312248705025

But the SFV server account has said nothing so far of any downtime tomorrow. If they were behaving like previous months, and Ibuki was coming in may, it would have already posted so. I guess that it could still say tomorrow in the morning 'hey guis, the servers are coming down today for a few hours'.

ElFly

This is Capcom working OT and not knowing if they'll make it in time.

I'm sure they don't even know if tomorrow will be the release date.

Ono: so will Ibuki be ready for tomorrow?!

Intern: sorry boss. Cannot get her grab to have more range on the right corner :(

MrCarter

Okay now I'm pissed off after trying to get into the battle lounge. For all the talk of having a strong online presence they haven't half FUCKED up the way it's implemented. Seriously. I want to boycott every single game they make from now on and want to know what was actually going through these fuckers minds when they started to develop the online and content side of this fucking game. Absolute bullshit.

it's the same in his idle stance. Check the last gif I posted and Steroyd's. Oddly enough the move combos after blocking the first one.

Sigmaah

Why did I think this guy with a 64 win streak wasn't gonna rq. What's wrong with me?

I love how ppl can still rq and nothing happens...

The gameplay of this game is a fucking 1 but everything else is a joke.

Edgeward

I just found out Clawless Vega can link Cr.MP from his St.LP. This creates fun empty jump low mixups.

claw st HP forces stand so the optimal stance switch combo is (claw) st hp, switch claw, st lp, cr mp xx medium rolling attack

and cr mp hits mid so I am unsure what you mean by empty low mixups from this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom