• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendX48

But about when ryu does his little short one and recovers before you start it? Lol
For real tho, it really seems like ken and ryu get way too much damage off their dps.

it's annoying when ken does his long target combo and then goes into heavy tatsu, or ryu going target into crazy damage. Like, enough, let me fall down already lol

rec0ded1

I need to stop playing. All jittery from adrenaline from playing for a couple of hours but cant stop. Need to tame this damn feeling it's just a damn game and let the salt wash over me.

There's going to be an 8 man tournament on Japanese television new program "Ii Spo." It's on Fuji Tv one. It will simultaneously be streamed on twitch.

The matchups:
Nemo vs Marco (eu 3s player)
Haitani vs Fuudo
Matsuri vs Haku (impressive 14 year old)
Eita vs Mago

April 23rd, 6 pm jpn, 2 am pst, 5 am est, 10 am UK

Twitch channel is twitch.tv/iispo_official

hamchan

But about when ryu does his little short one and recovers before you start it? Lol
For real tho, it really seems like ken and ryu get way too much damage off their dps.

Not really since it's always a risk to use a dp. Your crush combo punish will do two to three times the damage a dp does.

SlimXx

Damn, might need to make a new avatar!

Good idea. Here ya go:

jVPSuwH.jpg

Zerojul

Switched from Sim to Gief, my god I am lost.
He's kinda fun at my scrubby level though, v-trigger shenanigans and 1 frame CA are a awesome.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
It's just part of the art style, making certain features oversized so they pop more, like hands/feet/face features.
Maybe this principle shouldn't be applied to faces because the results are terrible. And most character faces don't show signs of it tbh, so I'm not convinced it's totally deliberate.

Or it's just racism. Exaggerated round eyes on the American white male. As an American white male with slightly squinty eyes, I am deeply hurt by this artistic choice.

You guys need to realize that Capcom is purposefully making them ugly. When was the last time you saw ugly people in video games?

Capcom is changing the landscape.

Maybe this principle shouldn't be applied to faces because the results are terrible. And most character faces don't show signs of it tbh, so I'm not convinced it's totally deliberate.

Or it's just racism. Exaggerated round eyes on the American white male. As an American white male with slightly squinty eyes, I am deeply hurt by this artistic choice.

Nah all characters have nearly the same (over)size eyes and most of them have big mouths too, it's just something you do to make expressions more noticable from ideal distances.

MrCarter

You guys need to realize that Capcom is purposefully making them ugly. When was the last time you saw ugly people in video games?

Capcom is changing the landscape.

Mortal Kombat X says hi lol. The females in that game look hideous compared to the babes of SFV. I think it's fair to say that the SF developers definitely work more on the ladies as opposed to the guys ;)

Mortal Kombat X says hi lol. The females in that game look hideous compared to the babes of SFV. I think it's fair to say that the SF developers definitely work more on the ladies as opposed to the guys ;)
Which is as it should be.

The characters in MKX look a lot better than they did in MK9. I personally don't have any complaints for character appearances in that game (Haven't played any of the DLC characters though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom