• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smo21

The SFV server account should say something about Ibuki

For Guile, they said the servers were going down the day before:

https://twitter.com/SFVServer/status/725491006523592705

For Alex, they linked the capcom blog post (which, you know, detailed WHEN the character would be released) two days before the downtime

https://twitter.com/SFVServer/status/714606312248705025

But the SFV server account has said nothing so far of any downtime tomorrow. If they were behaving like previous months, and Ibuki was coming in may, it would have already posted so. I guess that it could still say tomorrow in the morning 'hey guis, the servers are coming down today for a few hours'.

We'll know if we get an update before or during that downtime.

edit. Whoops thought that was an update we got today.

qcf x2

Cammy theorycraft: switch to Karin and Ibuki.

Seriously, Karin feels so dirty. She has basically every tool in the game, and the ability to easy confirm into huge damage. Her footsies are up there with anybody, her mobility is just dumb and everybody knows about that super. Cammy is solid but I think Justin has shown me the light.
I'm still using Laura more than anybody.

I'm not a fan of this Nash and Vega conversation happening. We need more Cammy theorycraft or at least Necalli.

I mained necalli but he is my secondary now after seeing color 13 cammy. Only played for a day but shes my new main until urien(if i like this version of him)

Xeteh

I mained necalli but he is my secondary now after seeing color 13 cammy. Only played for a day but shes my new main until urien(if i like this version of him)

I still love Cammy but she's just too squishy to compensate for my shit execution.

Seriously, Karin feels so dirty. She has basically every tool in the game, and the ability to easy confirm into huge damage. Her footsies are up there with anybody, her mobility is just dumb and everybody knows about that super. Cammy is solid but I think Justin has shown me the light.

Honestly, if I had better execution I would have jumped on Karin. I love how she plays, she's super fun... but I've said it before in this thread. Why would I swap from Cammy with her 900 health to Karin that has the same health but harder execution? Laura sucks though. Seriously. Stop playing her, no one likes her. Ignore the inevitable replies of people telling you the opposite. skLaFarebear, CountBlack and sixteen-bit don't matter, ignore whatever they say.

Xeteh

That's some new terminology (at least to me) that you will have to explain, if you don't mind.

Squishies are characters with low health/low defense that are easy to kill. Cammy's low HP/stun makes her squishy. She's a solid character but my execution (we've fought so you should know it) is poor so playing Cammy is pretty punishing for me.

A color was all it took for you to bench your main?
Well i liked using her in CVS2 and i had fun with her after an hour of training, but boy do i love that color haha

I still love Cammy but she's just too squishy to compensate for my shit execution.
she is and same here for having shit execution especially during stressful moments but i feel like using her is forcing me to get better at it

Xeteh

Well i liked using her in CVS2 and i had fun with her after an hour of training, but boy do i love that color haha

she is and same here for having shit execution especially during stressful moments but i feel like using her is forcing me to get better at it

It taught me a lot but I'm still bad. I feel like I do well against better players but with her health being so low I'm afforded fewer mistakes.

Cammy will never be one of the best characters because her execution barrier is too high.

Her execution barrier is super low. She just gets punished by mistakes harder than most characters. Cammy's confirms are very simple. She really has no hard combos... but if you fuck up and get counter-hit... you die really fast. Watch Nacer vs LI Joe yesterday at Combo Breaker. Nacer was dominating the round then he got super predictable. Joe CC'd him twice, then one mixup after that ended the round.

My biggest complaint with Cammy is that her EX Cannon Strike gets stuffed by a jab. It really bugs me a move I spend a bar on can be stuffed by the most basic of normals.

Squishies are characters with low health/low defense that are easy to kill. Cammy's low HP/stun makes her squishy. She's a solid character but my execution (we've fought so you should know it) is poor so playing Cammy is pretty punishing for me.
I really think you should just bite the bullet and get a stick.

Neoxon

So I ended up burning my right hand with splashes of oil while searing some burgers. While I can type again after patching it up & taking a nap, it hurts to use my stick & hurts even worse to use a pad. Looks like I can't play Street Fighter V for the next day or two. Hopefully the pain lessens before Ibuki drops.

That is, unless I perfect the art of using a TE2 with one hand.

Xeteh

I really think you should just bite the bullet and get a stick.

I want to, I really do... I just can't convince myself that my execution errors are because I'm playing on pad. I played a ton of arcade back in the day but they were never fighting games. Fight sticks are just so expensive for me right now and I'd hate to buy one and still not find myself improving.

So I ended up burning my right hand with splashes of oil while searing some burgers. While I can type again after patching it up & taking a nap, it hurts to use my stick & hurts even worse to use a pad. Looks like I can't play Street Fighter V for the next day or two. Hopefully the pain lessens before Ibuki drops.

That is, unless I perfect the art of using a TE2 with one hand.

That sucks man, hopefully it heals quick. I've burnt myself a couple times before... that shit sucks.

My little brother was doing full combos that I still deal with from Golds and Platinum Karin players, his very first time playing SFV. Quarter back circle/kick and she does a full combo, unfold your arms when it ends and press an additional button to do her mixup ender. Easy confirm into super every time. I've yet to see anyone from Rookie to Platinum ever mess it up.

Combos off of low mk (I'm pretty sure) to catch you every time and her combos advance her forward instead of push the opponent away, so it will never whiff after the initial hit (that I've seen).

She's fast, powerful and that "I don't know" move where she puts her arms out, hits from both sides.

Xeteh

I know, right? And it's worse that two of the problematic spots are the knuckles of my right index finger & thumb.

It took about a decade for the scar to go away but I had a pretty bad burn on my forearm that despite not being on a joint took months to stop bothering me. I can imagine how brutal it'll be for you on your hand.

Cammy doesn't have a high execution barrier in SFV. She did in IV, but everything she has is piss easy to what she was.

I agree completely. Cammy was my first choice in 4 but I just couldn't do the FADC combos and she was so reliant on those... she doesn't have hard execution in 5, her "instant" EX Divekick is probably the hardest thing but my problem lies in basic execution.

Neoxon

It took about a decade for the scar to go away but I had a pretty bad burn on my forearm that despite not being on a joint took months to stop bothering me. I can imagine how brutal it'll be for you on your hand.
I should hopefully be able to play again in the next day or two. Though for me, it's just four relatively small problematic spots that just-so-happen to hurt a considerable bit. I guess I'll just play Rhythm Heaven Fever with my left hand until my right hand can handle Karin & Alex, again.

JayEH

Maaaaaan, why did Ibuki have to get delayed until next month...

image.php

KingBroly

Banned
Cammy doesn't have a high execution barrier in SFV. She did in IV, but everything she has is piss easy to what she was.

What I mean is she has no room for error whereas a lot of other characters do. You simply cannot miss once with Cammy and it sucks because of it.

leroidys

RE: Cammy- I think I'm going to drop her for now and try to pick up Alex. I'm totally shit, so I pretty much can't win as her. Even if I'm dominating the match, her low damage output means I'll drop something or do something stupid and some Random Ken will even up with one combo. If I play against anyone remotely decent they can easily get me in stun due to her low stun bar. I'm thinking that at least with Alex, I'll be able to get lucky a few times a match against bronzes and get big damage. Is Alex considered difficult to pick up?

qcf x2

Alex is not difficult to pick up. He's hard to master (imo) since he relies on conditioning your opponent, but that's at higher levels of play. Give him a whirl and if you like how he plays stick with him. Power bombs are very satisfying to land.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to consider Necalli as well. He's beginner friendly, doesn't require much execution to win, has very easy ways to deal with most attacks.

FluxWaveZ

Also, another thing I said that, naturally, people jumped to Capcom's defense for:
Yeah... actually given the state of the game, 1 character a month actually sounds pretty damn insane, in retrospect. I'll be very impressed if they manage to pull it off.
Some are reasoning that the reason Ibuki's not releasing in May is because she's ready, but the Zenny Shop isn't. Not sure about that; though it's not like we'll ever know.

I think Balrog not being ready is the reason this whole mess started. They maybe couldn't figure out how to properly balance Balrog's moveset or figure out what he should have and shouldn't and had to push Ibuki out earlier to get them some more time.

Drahcir

I want to, I really do... I just can't convince myself that my execution errors are because I'm playing on pad. I played a ton of arcade back in the day but they were never fighting games. Fight sticks are just so expensive for me right now and I'd hate to buy one and still not find myself improving.

So I actually this past weekend tried playing on a stick for the first time with SF5. And as a Karin player, let me tell you, it's fucking hell. I didn't seem to do all that much better with the other characters. Of course, it just comes down to a lot of practice. And I mean A LOT of practice. It didn't seem worth it to fight against the controls when I'm still a garbage player. It made me worse. It's so much easier to pull off Karin's moves on a pad unless, I suppose, you've only ever played fighting games on a stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom