• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

anyone wanna play? Id is FearDarkness
I'm Neoxon on CFN. I'm healing up faster than expected, so I might as well give it another shot (plus I have a tournament coming up). I apologize ahead of time if I drop a combo or two (I still have the oil burns on my hand).

Also, here's some nice art drawn by Elfy Smith of Alex's (adoptive) family.

13308241_1151489471567764_4638515377645258268_o.jpg

Smo21

So I actually this past weekend tried playing on a stick for the first time with SF5. And as a Karin player, let me tell you, it's fucking hell. I didn't seem to do all that much better with the other characters. Of course, it just comes down to a lot of practice. And I mean A LOT of practice. It didn't seem worth it to fight against the controls when I'm still a garbage player. It made me worse. It's so much easier to pull off Karin's moves on a pad unless, I suppose, you've only ever played fighting games on a stick.

Lol ya I'm a stick player and my friend was basically asking me to reassure him he should switch to stick but honestly whatever you're comfortable with is fine. Both have different pros and cons. I also play Karin and the only thing she has that I would say is easier on a stick is the just frame tenkos but I could be wrong. I can't do them on pad.

I've been thinking about Capcom's communication issues and some stuff I've noticed about their websites is starting to really baffle me. I think the biggest and most insane thing is the actual number of websites. Even if they were posting information, it's impossible to find it as their web presence is split between streetfighter.com, capcom-unity.com, capcomprotour.com, and games.capcom.com/cfn/sfv.

Not only should all of this be one website, but capcomprotour.com is the only one actually linked to from streetfighter.com. All their blog posts and news are posted to capcom-unity, but anybody who was just visiting streetfighter.com to look for info would have no idea that all updates about the game are on an entirely separate website... except for any updates about tournaments or competitive Street Fighter because that's on a third website! Of course even if you figure all that out, there's nothing pointing you to the fourth website, which also has a separate blog with frequent updates about the backstory of the games. To top it all off, the fourth website has links to blog posts from the Japanese Street Fighter website, which again has a third entirely separate blog with different news and updates than the first two!

I think the saddest part (aside from how much nicer the Japanese Street Fighter website looks than that shitty American one) is that they've actually been posting a fair amount of stuff that, while not following up on any of the release dates or technical crap they've been silent about, at least shows that they're making some effort to connect with the Street Fighter community and it's all absolutely fucking wasted because they have the most baffling, absolutely fucking ridiculous combination of different information sources and they're not even linking to any of them from their own fucking website.

kasane

I'm Neoxon on CFN. I'm healing up faster than expected, so I might as well give it another shot (plus I have a tournament coming up). I apologize ahead of time if I drop a combo or two (I still have the oil burns on my hand).

Also, here's some nice art drawn by Elfy Smith of Alex's (adoptive) family.

13308241_1151489471567764_4638515377645258268_o.jpg

gg dude

got schooled lmao

Neoxon

gg dude

got schooled lmao
It's all good, it's a learning experience. Though what I did notice was that you had quite a few opportunities to pop your Critical Art on me. It's actually nuts how many specials & even normals that Karin can hit-confirm into CA with (hell, you can hit-confirm out of her jab). Practice with those, as well as some Crush Counter combos. Also, her normals are your friends. They reach pretty damn far & can help control space.

qcf x2

I think Balrog not being ready is the reason this whole mess started. They maybe couldn't figure out how to properly balance Balrog's moveset or figure out what he should have and shouldn't and had to push Ibuki out earlier to get them some more time.

I was thinking this too. Last week I think there was something going around about how they were having trouble balancing Balrog and that was the cause for the delay (up to that point). I'm pretty sure they have all of the season 1 characters in a playable state (if far from ready), they probably felt Ibuki was closer to being balanced than the boxer. Which actually bodes well for boxer fans, if this theory is correct. It would suggest he's strong.

So I actually this past weekend tried playing on a stick for the first time with SF5. And as a Karin player, let me tell you, it's fucking hell. I didn't seem to do all that much better with the other characters. Of course, it just comes down to a lot of practice. And I mean A LOT of practice. It didn't seem worth it to fight against the controls when I'm still a garbage player. It made me worse. It's so much easier to pull off Karin's moves on a pad unless, I suppose, you've only ever played fighting games on a stick.

You gotta tough it out. It WILL be humbling and frustrating, it takes weeks to a couple of months to adjust. That's precisely why it's a good idea to make the jump while still at relative beginner status. The payoff is great, and even during the tough times it forces you to get better at fundamentals since you'll be dropping other inputs like crazy.

And yeah, Capcom's website/communication flow sucks, it is known.

leroidys

Alex is not difficult to pick up. He's hard to master (imo) since he relies on conditioning your opponent, but that's at higher levels of play. Give him a whirl and if you like how he plays stick with him. Power bombs are very satisfying to land.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to consider Necalli as well. He's beginner friendly, doesn't require much execution to win, has very easy ways to deal with most attacks.

Sounds good. Thanks!

Drahcir

Lol ya I'm a stick player and my friend was basically asking me to reassure him he should switch to stick but honestly whatever you're comfortable with is fine. Both have different pros and cons. I also play Karin and the only thing she has that I would say is easier on a stick is the just frame tenkos but I could be wrong. I can't do them on pad.

It's the EX just frame tenko and orochi that are difficult for me. They're part of some of my combos, so I'd like to be able to do them reliably. It makes my fingers all crooked trying to hit both kick buttons and then punch. :( On a pad, I'd just use the shoulder buttons that mapped all three punches and kicks.

Smo21

It's the EX just frame tenko and orochi that are difficult for me. They're part of some of my combos, so I'd like to be able to do them reliably. It makes my fingers all crooked trying to hit both kick buttons and then punch. :(

If it makes you feel any better I can't do them either and I'm on stick.

The trailer music was better. This sounds generic. It could be good for a jet ski commercial, when the lady tells you to shut up and put away your phone before the movie starts or on the phone while you wait to make a dentist appointment.

SF music is supposed to be iconic and have strong melodies that stand out and when you hear it you can't help but see that character in your head.
Nailed it

The trailer music was better. This sounds generic. It could be good for a jet ski commercial, when the lady tells you to shut up and put away your phone before the movie starts or on the phone while you wait to make a dentist appointment.

SF music is supposed to be iconic and have strong melodies that stand out and when you hear it you can't help but see that character in your head.

I would wait for the full theme to drop before judging. This preview, taken from here and looped, cuts out just before the more iconic and less filler part begins.

kasane

It's all good, it's a learning experience. Though what I did notice was that you had quite a few opportunities to pop your Critical Art on me. It's actually nuts how many specials & even normals that Karin can hit-confirm into CA with (hell, you can hit-confirm out of her jab). Practice with those, as well as some Crush Counter combos. Also, her normals are your friends. They reach pretty damn far & can help control space.

yeah i have trouble confiming off 1p side for supers

I would wait for the full theme to drop before judging. This preview, taken from here and looped, cuts out just before the more iconic part begins.
If that's the case then it takes way too long to get to the point. There isn't a whole lot of time in a round/match to be messing around with a whole minute or more of filler.

But I don't see the song taking a drastic change in direction from what we have already heard so far.

TheOGB

Banned
I mean, it sounds good, but what I liked about Twilight was that it was real chill. This version certainly is not (though where the preview fades out sounds like it does get chill)

And hell, since this takes place before SF3 shouldn't they have remixed Sharp Eyes instead? :V

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm not going to lie. The first two seconds of Ibuki's trailer sounded a little like Urien's theme.They totally got me.

Raitaro

On the bright side, maybe we'll get two characters in June now.

Three characters even, if that Sagat rumor turns out to be legit, which is now looking ever slightly more likely due to this impending Ibuki delay.
BELIEVE!

I don't even mind the delay so much if they had taken the effort to communicate it to us earlier. It's not fun sitting through a whole month of checking online daily for news about a promised character to not even get any info on her or her delay in hindsight. I don't get the reason behind their radio silence to be honest and it is starting to hurt this game more than its actual shortcomings I feel. In part because they keep being mum on some of these shortcomings as well (like the input delay, missing stage transitions, bug fixes etc.)

Edit: almost missed that stage discussion from a few pages back. I don't remember seeing a nighttime Brazil variant but I do remember seeing a nighttime Shadaloo Airfield one with Rashid in front. I'm still hoping for a remake of Balrog's Vegas stage and an Aztec(?) ruins stage for Urien (and still for all the remaining character art backgrounds to materialise as stages for that matter) but if we only get variants of exisitng stages, we'd have enough for the remaining DLC fighters (Nighttime Shadaloo Airfield = Juri?, Daytime Kanzuki Estate = Ibuki, Nighttime Waterfall = Urien?, Sagat version of Shadaloo HQ = Balrog?), even if some don't really fit them.

Shito

Best thing being: they still haven't officially announced to the international audience that she was coming with the story mode update.
This is really not the kind of thing you tell your players through a mundane sentence in a Japanese blog post... ^^

FluxWaveZ

Pretty sure it was a joke at the 0.1%, as they had gathered it was 0%.

Best thing being: they still haven't officially announced to the international audience that she was coming with the story mode update.
This is really not the kind of thing you tell your players through a mundane sentence in a Japanese blog post... ^^

Yeah, we still don't have any official message in English about this. Today will pass without Ibuki and we still might not get one.

histopher

Three characters even, if that Sagat rumor turns out to be legit, which is now looking ever slightly more likely due to this impending Ibuki delay.
BELIEVE!

I don't even mind the delay so much if they had taken the effort to communicate it to us earlier. It's not fun sitting through a whole month of checking online daily for news about a promised character to not even get any info on her or her delay in hindsight. I don't get the reason behind their radio silence to be honest and it is starting to hurt this game more than its actual shortcomings I feel. In part because they keep being mum on some of these shortcomings as well (like the input delay, missing stage transitions, bug fixes etc.)

Edit: almost missed that stage discussion from a few pages back. I don't remember seeing a nighttime Brazil variant but I do remember seeing a nighttime Shadaloo Airfield one with Rashid in front. I'm still hoping for a remake of Balrog's Vegas stage and an Aztec(?) ruins stage for Urien (and still for all the remaining character art backgrounds to materialise as stages for that matter) but if we only get variants of exisitng stages, we'd have enough for the remaining DLC fighters (Nighttime Shadaloo Airfield = Juri?, Daytime Kanzuki Estate = Ibuki, Nighttime Waterfall = Urien?, Sagat version of Shadaloo HQ = Balrog?), even if some don't really fit them.

What was the Sagat rumor?

Raitaro

What was the Sagat rumor?

Quoted from the No new SFV character? thread:
take this with a gigantic spoon of salt.

So my sources just hit me up.
Capcom is delaying the May Update and fusing it with the June Update.
June Update will include:
Ibuki
Balrog
Sagat
Cinematic Story Mode
Zenny Shop
Compensation Gift for the delay and major problems with SFV at launch up till now (Which should be Sagat, Stage and some kind of outfits).

As said above: take with an ample dose of salt. (Though if Balrog comes with a Vegas stage like I'm hoping - which could double as the gift for season pass holders btw - Sagat could technically go nicely with the alternative version of the Shadaloo base unless they recreate his Thailand stage as the gift instead.)

Don't do this to yourself.

I have to. Remaining hopeful about games is the only thing that keeps my depression in check...(only partly joking here...)

Westlo

I know they've used other music for trailers before (licensing trailer themes) but maybe the Ibuki trailer music is the stage theme for the daylight version?

Quoted from the No new SFV character? thread:

As said above: take with an ample dose of salt.

dahell2.png

Isn't this the same rumor as before except they added Ibuki....
scust.png

Zenny shop ready in June....
sabu.png

FluxWaveZ

Zenny shop ready in June....
sabu.png

The Zenny Shop being ready in June is very likely.

Again, what will probably happen is:

1. Story Mode released
2. Ibuki released
3. Daily Challenges released (maybe)
4. Zenny Shop released

Anything else and people are kidding themselves.

Zerojul

1. Story Mode released
2. Ibuki released
4. Zenny Shop released

Agreed. I wouldn't put a dime on the daily challenges though, but I hope I'm wrong.
And we'll get this last week of June, after a clumsily put together e3 trailer.

1. Story Mode released
2. Ibuki released
4. Zenny Shop released

That would be nice, I’ve been itching to go back to my original account to hit that 1000000 FM trophy.

KingBroly

Banned

1. Story Mode released
2. Ibuki released
4. Zenny Shop released

Honestly? They should release one thing a week throughout June if it's 'so big' for them. Hyping up something big then only to drop it at month's end is just gonna make people shit on them again.

Scotia

Banned

1. Story Mode released
2. Ibuki released
4. Zenny Shop released

Get rid of daily challenges and I'm fairly certain that's what June's update will be.

i just don't see a world where they would delay Ibuki and not only have Boxer ready a few weeks later but a completely new and unannounced character too who they'll give out for free. i'll eat my SFV disc if true.

Neoxon

I mean, it sounds good, but what I liked about Twilight was that it was real chill. This version certainly is not (though where the preview fades out sounds like it does get chill)

And hell, since this takes place before SF3 shouldn't they have remixed Sharp Eyes instead? :V
Capcom seems to be treating the SFIII's characters Third Strike themes as their main ones. I'm curious to see how they'll handle Sean & Oro, who share a stage in Third Strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom