• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

I'm guessing they couldn't have a dynamic announcer like 4 since it would take too much time to program and we know this game had a budget of $10.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The only think of to why he might know is that the Capcom UK rep told him something and he just let it slip. Though I think he's full of it going off his recent tweets.
Since they're setting up the stream for today, he could've just asked Capcom. Really not that crazy of an occurrence.

Spuck-uk

Banned
The only think of to why he might know is that the Capcom UK rep told him something and he just let it slip. Though I think he's full of it going off his recent tweets.

He knows the Capcom UK rep pretty well, and the guy has let things slip in the past.

Neoxon

I've always wondered, how did Alex's real parents die? I'm aware that Tom adopted Alex at a very young age, hence why I'm curious.

I mean, it sounds good, but what I liked about Twilight was that it was real chill. This version certainly is not (though where the preview fades out sounds like it does get chill)

And hell, since this takes place before SF3 shouldn't they have remixed Sharp Eyes instead? :V

Wait.... SFV takes place BEFORE SF3!?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Yes, it did. That's why Ibuki still wears school uniform. It implied that she graduated from high school in SF3: 3S's ending.

Edited: it always amused me that characters have same movesets and costumes in SF3 and SF4 but somehow they suddenly have new tools and moves in SFV then forget all about it in SF3.

Neoxon

Bison still being alive should have tipped you off on that. The timeline goes...
  1. Street Fighter
  2. Street Fighter Alpha (Alpha 2 is the main one that's canon, with Karin & Rainbow Mika's Alpha 3 stories also being canon)
  3. Street Fighter II
  4. Street Fighter IV
  5. Street Fighter V
  6. Street Fighter III

mbpm1

Edited: it always amused me that characters have same movesets and costumes in SF3 and SF4 but somehow they suddenly have new tools and moves in SFV then forget all about it in SF3.

Ibuki threw away her bombs in SF3 and threw away her cortex in SFV

Ryu forgot how to V-trigger, got knocked in the head too many times

Edit: I mean vortex, but I'll leave that typo there

『Inaba Resident』;205178401 said:
Bison is still around

And he always will be.

If they ever get past SFIII, they'll reincarnate him through cloning or someone else's body or something like that.

I just hope they find a way to do the same for Nash. Such a great character.

Pompadour

Bison still being alive should have tipped you off on that. The timeline goes...
  1. Street Fighter
  2. Street Fighter Alpha (Alpha 2 is the main one that's canon, with Karin & Rainbow Mika's Alpha 3 stories also being canon)
  3. Street Fighter II
  4. Street Fighter IV
  5. Street Fighter V
  6. Street Fighter III

Why does everyone assume the reason Bison isn't in SF3 is because he's dead or something? By that logic I imagine the Cinematic Story Mode will end with every World Warrior not in III murdered by Necalli.

Neoxon

Why does everyone assume the reason Bison isn't in SF3 is because he's dead or something? By that logic I imagine the Cinematic Story Mode will end with every World Warrior not in III murdered by Necalli.
Urien specifically mentioned that Shadaloo was no more as of SFIII & that Chun-Li was a major part in their downfall.

The cinematic trailer specifically shows Nash and Bison charging at each other then shoots to Nash's dog tags flying in one direction and Bison's hat flying in the other.

It all makes sense that they kill each other. Guile has no reason to continue after Nash's story has been resolved. I don't know about the rest. They'll make something up.

Regardless, they'll all be back for SFVI anyways.

Xeteh

I don't read Japanese, though, where's the Capcom English blog confirmation?

In addition, "general story" is decided to be distributed as a free DLC at the same time as "Ibuki"!
The information in this large update, including the delivery date of the official site , please check because going to notice the future in. So, let's introduce the typical tricks of breath.

FluxWaveZ

In addition, "general story" is decided to be distributed as a free DLC at the same time as "Ibuki"!
The information in this large update, including the delivery date of the official site , please check because going to notice the future in. So, let's introduce the typical tricks of breath.

That sounds like Google Translate to me, plus I think someone said before that Capcom never goes according to Japan Time, so maybe an English message would confirm she's available today.

Xeteh

That sounds like Google Translate to me, plus I think someone said before that Capcom never goes according to Japan Time, so maybe an English message would confirm she's available today.

Yeah, they'll totally release two entirely different messages in two different regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom