• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, they'll totally release two entirely different messages in two different regions.

Sure, Ibuki could be released today in North America and only have been delayed to match the Story Mode in Japan. That'd explain why we didn't get an official statement from Capcom in English yet.

Bison still being alive should have tipped you off on that. The timeline goes...
  1. Street Fighter
  2. Street Fighter Alpha (Alpha 2 is the main one that's canon, with Karin & Rainbow Mika's Alpha 3 stories also being canon)
  3. Street Fighter II
  4. Street Fighter IV
  5. Street Fighter V
  6. Street Fighter III

Whoa!

Thanks for the responses SFGAF! :)

Xeteh

Sure, Ibuki could be released today in North America and only have been delayed to match the Story Mode in Japan. That'd explain why we didn't get an official statement from Capcom in English yet.

Yeah, NA gets a character ahead of Japan. That'll happen.

FluxWaveZ

qcf x2

No wonder he's being a dick to people upset about having to wait. He gets to play the character before anybody else lol. And he actually said people are acting "entitled," lol. So much irony.

I do wish this game had some positive energy surrounding it but there's been like this massive gray cloud from the beginning and it just keeps getting bigger. Short of Capcom doing a relaunch (which will not happen), I don't know that adding single player content in June will bring anybody in, especially if they've been paying attention at all to the way Capcom has shut the community out. And then of course people will say "see, people cry about wanting SP but when Capcom delivers it they still complain."

ShinMaruku

maxresdefault.jpg

Best Ibuki Costume.

Baleoce

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/737720093652570112

We wanted to clear up the confusion around the release of Ibuki in #SFV. She will be released alongside Story Mode at the end of June. We planned for her to come out at the end of May/beginning of June but there were unforeseen delays. Thank you for being patient. Moving forward we will work to communicate information surrounding content releases in #SFV at a much more rapid pace. We'll have a blog with more info surrounding the June content and other topics the community has brought up in the next day or so. Once again, thank you for your continued support. June is going to be a huge month for #SFV so stay tuned for more news!

fresquito

At least Capcom's admitting to their mistakes in terms of communication. Hopefully they follow through on improving that.
Yeah, like when they aknowledged the launch issues months after release and after not fixing them?

I don't believe any single word they say.

FluxWaveZ

At least Capcom's admitting to their mistakes in terms of communication. Hopefully they follow through on improving that.

They haven't admitted to shit and the fact that we're getting this news at the very last moment it could possibly be given isn't a solution.

But maybe we should be applauding them for giving out a Tweet at all?

Regardless, it's as I thought: "end of June." Though, now instead of leaning a bit towards the week after E3 week, it's likely the last week of June.

Edit: Actually, nvm, I jumped the gun on this one regarding Capcom's PR. We'll see if their renewed sentiment actually carries forward.

Scotia

Banned
Bummer that it's taken till the 31st of fucking May to get confirmation, but Capcom gonna Capcom.

In a way though, I'm kinda glad we're getting a character in June now. I was pretty bummed about not having no one new to play in June.

Producer

That shit is just funny at this point.

Wait till the last day of the month, to tell us the May character is actually coming out till the end of next month. Lol

Apart from saying they had something for Combo Breaker i dont think they said anything else this month.

TronWayne

I know Capcom hasn't said anything about Matchmaking in this game, but does anyone in the US have issues actually matching up with other people from the US? It seems to have gotten worse for me lately.

KingBroly

Banned
JAYSUZ, you can spin anything into glass half empty, can't ya? They could fix every issue in the game, and it would be "Hmpt...took you fuckers long enough"

That kind of sounds like a challenge.

Anyways, I don't expect them to talk about input lag, or matchmaking, or netcode, or Alt+Tab, or Survival being Dogshit. I expect them to address the easiest problems they could handle the fastest. They got rid of Chun-Li's 'physics' on CSS, but the problem still exists in-game. It's a minor complaint, but it's just the kind of effort they've put into the game so far.

I was wondering about this. Other than the 8f topic, what else has the community been debating about?

what HAVEN'T they been debating about

netcode, character balance, character releases, modes, input lag, alt+tab, battle lounge options, connection indicators, rage quits, the ranking system, mbpm1, R.Mika, Chun-Li, Zangief, Donald Trump, voice chat, unskippable character outros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom