• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

Some people so salty about this game, I don't know how they don't die of dehydration. Keep coming back to get parched over and over.

Edzi

At least Capcom's admitting to their mistakes in terms of communication. Hopefully they follow through on improving that.

They haven't admitted anything. The wording of that tweet actually implies that it's our fault for getting confused, which is incredibly annoying. People are already against them, so I don't know why they insist on still using the business talk when it'll just push away fans who have stuck around this long. Just be straight with the small community of fans you still have, that's all we're asking.

Also, lol at them casually dropping "end of June" as if they never promised a character this month. I think Capcom has been getting shat on unfairly for most of this game's life, but this constant lack of communication has been the thing to finally sour me on how they're handling this game.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw that they had multiple tweets outside of what was linked here. I take it back, Capcom seems to have gotten the message and it's good to hear that they'll work on communication.

Alchemist

what HAVEN'T they been debating about

netcode, character balance, character releases, modes, input lag, alt+tab, battle lounge options, connection indicators, rage quits, the ranking system, mbpm1, R.Mika, Chun-Li, Zangief, Donald Trump, voice chat, unskippable character outros...

I said debate, not continuous whining about (in regards to modes, the ranking system and character intros/outros).

Complaining about characters is pointless because Capcom said before the game even came out there will be no changes until after Capcom Cup.

Skilletor

They haven't admitted anything. The wording of that tweet actually implies that it's our fault for getting confused, which is incredibly annoying. People are already against them, so I don't know why they insist on still using the business talk when it'll just push away fans who have stuck around this long. Just be straight with the small community of fans you still have, that's all we're asking.

Also, lol at them casually dropping "end of June" as if they never promised a character this month.

I don't read that at all. It sounds to me as if they acknowledge that releasing the trailer for Ibuki made people believe she was being released soon. They give a reason why (vague though it might be) she isn't being released at the end of May, and also that they could be better with communication.

I'm disappointed I likely won't be able to play ibuki at evo tbh

For sure. She is my favorite SF character. I wanted her more than any other possible character. I'm legit sad she's delayed, but I'm not as down on this game as others appear to be. The gameplay is my favorite, so I'll just keep doing that until I get Ibuki, and then I'll just keep playing Ibuki for the next 7 years.

Also, lol at them casually dropping "end of June" as if they never promised a character this month.

I think some of you are reading the message wrong.

We wanted to clear up the confusion around the release of Ibuki in #SFV. She will be released alongside Story Mode at the end of June. We planned for her to come out at the end of May/beginning of June but there were unforeseen delays. Thank you for being patient. Moving forward we will work to communicate information surrounding content releases in #SFV at a much more rapid pace. We'll have a blog with more info surrounding the June content and other topics the community has brought up in the next day or so. Once again, thank you for your continued support. June is going to be a huge month for #SFV so stay tuned for more news!

It states right there that there was suppose to be a character in May, but there isn't anymore because they fucked up.

Edit: But I agree with you. The lack of communication is annoying and one of the worst things they could do for us and them. They should have just said this yesterday (or hell, beforehand!) instead of waiting this long.

Edzi

I don't read that at all. It sounds to me as if they acknowledge that releasing the trailer for Ibuki meant she was being released soon. They give a reason why (vague though it might be) she isn't being released at the end of May, and also that they could be better with communication.

For sure. She is my favorite SF character. I wanted her more than any other possible character. I'm legit sad she's delayed, but I'm not as down on this game as others appear to be. The gameplay is my favorite, so I'll just keep doing that until I get Ibuki, and then I'll just keep playing Ibuki for the next 7 years.

I think some of you are reading the message wrong.

It states right there that there was suppose to be a character in May, but there isn't anymore because they fucked up.

Oh shoot, that wasn't the tweet I read. This one is much better, the one I read was short and didn't say much outside of the June release date.

EDIT: I guess there were multiple tweets, and I only saw the one linked here. My bad, this sounds much better coming from them and I'm glad to hear it.

that june patch sounds grand. there is a ragequit solution in there, right?

Basically, if someone quits, they don't get any points, and the other guy gets the points. After so many RQs, you get put in a something-hour wait. I THINK people put in this wait time constantly get their shit docked since I don't imagine the older system left when this one came in, but that's speculation.

FluxWaveZ

Basically, if someone quits, they don't get any points, and the other guy gets the points. After so many RQs, you get put in a something-hour wait. I THINK people put in this wait time constantly get their shit docked since I don't imagine the older system left when this one came in, but that's speculation.

Pretty sure the other player who stayed from a rage quit doesn't get rewarded any points.

Skilletor

that june patch sounds grand. there is a ragequit solution in there, right?

Patch notes:

Rage quitters are a problem in SF5. Our solution is to make rage quitters play one another. People who do not rage quit will not be able to play for a week, forcing only those with high percentage of disconnects to play one another.

FluxWaveZ

If you RQ, you nothing.
If you are the other guy, you get the points.

Is that what you are trying to say?

No, I'm saying that if you're the other guy, you still don't get any points.

I remember there being a rumor that you would back when that patch came out, but I'm pretty sure it was false.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, it's really hard to internalize all of this with the constant pausing. Them's the breaks, though, when this is footage sent and mandated from up top without her actually being playable.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Yeah, it's really hard to internalize all of this with the constant pausing. Them's the breaks, though, when this is footage sent and mandated from up top without her actually being playable.

She's playable as F-Word and another guy is playing her after this, they're just explaining her gameplan, have some patience.

Skilletor

That's not neckbreaker.

That's garbage.

Probably considered it too strong for a character that already has lots of ways to get around fireballs.

She also lost her spinny kicks, looks like?

I mean...I get that people want characters to keep certain moves, but she's got a lot of new, really cool stuff from the looks of this vid, and some of the old moves wouldn't fit with the new philosophy. I'd much rather they do what they want with a character without being restricted by making old moves fit.

FluxWaveZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGKtjcEzetI

That's the last thing I heard, and it has proof, unless something else came out I'm unaware of.

Hm, thanks. I'm probably wrong glancing at that video; maybe I just haven't been paying any attention when I've been rage quit on recently, I'll have to see that next time.

Oh. Yeah, I don't think points are affected based on RQs.

She's playable as F-Word and another guy is playing her after this, they're just explaining her gameplan, have some patience.

Oh really? Great, that'll be more palatable.

SSReborn

Quick question: Did they just fold her command dash into the normal dash animation? I might have missed it if they mentioned.

edit:nvm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom