• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

I'm thinking I might commit to Alex again for a while as my main and then try Ibuki as a secondary when she comes out. Something about the 3rd strike characters just makes me want to stick with them, and even though I didn't grow up in the arcades playing SF3 I've still got a lot of nostalgia for the characters since it was the first SF game I played seriously after I decided to get into fighters a couple years ago.

7ZIfqL0.png

MrCarter

Alex looks fine. People need to realise that transition from a 2D to a 3D game can change the way a character's perspective looks but I think they did a great job with him.

Sigmaah

Ibuki straight in ur face and she got bombs? Why tf I gotta wait another month to use her come on son.

Capcom wailed a month to tell us to wait another month...

THIS COMPANY BRO.

jett

D-Member
Capcom just didn't want to release another character for free*, did they. I bet the character is complete.

*except everyone has enough fake money to buy her lol

FluxWaveZ

Is there a special way people memorize exact frame data? Maybe I should use flash cards or something like I was studying for a test.

robo_qwop

Is there a special way people memorize exact frame data? Maybe I should use flash cards or something like I was studying for a test.

Knowing your exact punishes. If you know the frame data of your character and what is guaranteed, then through basic math you know theirs. Generally.

FluxWaveZ

Knowing your exact punishes. If you know the frame data of your character and what is guaranteed, then through basic math you know theirs. Generally.

So intuition, then. I guess it's kinda how I did things until now, but I'm going to start memorizing the exact numbers for every character's moves now by going in Training mode and doing side-by-sides with the data sheet. I've memorized all of Alex's so far.

I'm salivating at the thought of a post-stun Ibuki finish to style on ur opponent.
*stun*, backdash, reload kunai, ground kunai, Critical Art.

better than any taunt, lol

Dr. Serizawa

Neo Member
I swear I just had 4 matches straight where the other person rage quit, 2 of them being gold players. Shit like this ruins the experience for me, I'm sitting at Super Silver and those 2 matches would've bumped me right into Ultra, and then on to Gold a little later. So frustrating.

So intuition, then. I guess it's kinda how I did things until now, but I'm going to start memorizing the exact numbers for every character's moves now by going in Training mode and doing side-by-sides with the data sheet. I've memorized all of Alex's so far.

Just memorize the essential moves for your character. I just randomly browse the V-Frames app and memorize numbers I come across lol.

FluxWaveZ

So I'm seeing how great Chun-Li's buttons are in the context of frame data. I don't know why her cr.MK is -2 and not -3. Why is her st.MP +3? Man.

Edit: Though, I should say I'm still memorizing these and I'm only at Chun-Li after learning Alex, Birdie and Cammy's. Controlling her and seeing these does make it obvious why she's a top character, though.

Tan

I've got a bad memory so I have an easier time remember it by telling myself "okay if I block x move, I'm free to do a,b, and c moves." I'll browse through VFrames when I'm on the bus or in between matches to get a better sense of what the actual frame data is. By doing this over a long enough period of time I feel like I learn it more 'naturally' and it sticks better in my mind.

There's some stuff I only really discover by reading through VFrames like seeing how long Birdie's v-trigger activation is. Turns out canceling blocked moves into it is usually punishable.

After not delivering a promised character in the month of May, is Capcom going to do anything for people who bought the season pass? Seems like they should at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom