• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. X

Take away neckbreaker and kicks, give her Karins V-Skill

Or maybe that V-Skill is symbolic for both her and Karin. "They use to have better specials but you got this wack Yun/Yang palm instead"

It could've been a super jump or her command jump that had a kunai throw followup from 3S.

Her vskill is clearly here to help her deal with fireballs now that her neckbreaker is gone.

Yea if she doesn't move forward as much as Karin does for her V-Skill then it'll be a solid option versus fireballs.

or they could've made her go invisible like Chipp and Reptile :>

Shito

also, her slide goes under fireballs according to combofiend
Yeah, but I suppose it'll be hard to use it effectively in a game where quite a few characters have very slow fireballs. I know for sure that I can't use Mika's slide for that, for example, but maybe Ibuki's slide will travel further and faster to make it easier. ^^

qcf x2

Take away neckbreaker and kicks, give her Karins V-Skill

Or maybe that V-Skill is symbolic for both her and Karin. "They use to have better specials but you got this wack Yun/Yang palm instead"

It could've been a super jump or her command jump that had a kunai throw followup from 3S.

Her command jump was the worst move in Street Fighter history. I wonder if EX dash goes through fireballs, I hope it does.

still getting seamless matches, but "results couldn't be send" error keeps popping up, sometimes when i'm already in the middle of the next game. i wonder if they're working on.....something.

LakeEarth

So what are Alex's best anti airs besides st. jab?

EX knee smash is invulnerable after the first couple of frames, so it'll beat anything from the sky. It'll beat Nash's moonsaults, Vega's wall shenanigans, Bison's stomps / devil reverse, Ken's EX air hurricanes, Cammy's strikes.

c.hp works, and combos into EX knee smash if it hits twice (and regular knee raise under certain situations) but you have to press fierce early and at the right angles.

The best part about EX knee smash is when you land it, you are plus after a dash. Meaning you land it, dash, and press s.mp, it'll beat any non-invulnerable move they try to throw out after they quick rise.

f.HP also works as an antiair but I almost never use it for that purpose.

Skilletor

Might as well just end it now instead of continuing to live with the pain.

Or, y'know, play another character in the meantime.

I have seen the promised land and cannot manage another step without knowing its glory.

play overwatch in the meantime

I've actually been moving the past couple weeks. Getting packed up, moving to the new house. Now we're all unpacked, have my PC set up so that it's not far from my TV. :)

#hype

Also happy because I bought a few sideshow statues that have been in boxes for 6-12 months and I can finally put them out. Stupid cats.

Neoxon

Link isn't working, but I'm glad someone finally figured it out! I won't have to give up Alex at the end of this month after all.
What does the link show?
It's supposed to show this.

13307203_1086834621354050_1357074364486382156_n.jpg

I think my SFV is broken, i rebuilt my OS and still getting 15FPS when i turn on Matching Making..I can play Survival FML...yeah fuck this game..

bumpkin

Scored a used copy from GameFly this afternoon after CheapAssGamer tweeted it. 25 bucks well spent, just in time for cinematic story mode!

So I understand that Guile and Alex are free to use until the Zenny shop is live. Can you earn Zenny by playing the game or just Fight Money?

Neoxon

Scored a used copy from GameFly this afternoon after CheapAssGamer tweeted it. 25 bucks well spent, just in time for cinematic story mode!

So I understand that Guile and Alex are free to use until the Zenny shop is live. Can you earn Zenny by playing the game or just Fight Money?
You earn Fight Money. Each character costs 100,000 Fight Money (or 600 Zenny/$6 if you don't want to waste time earning FM).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom