• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
After not delivering a promised character in the month of May, is Capcom going to do anything for people who bought the season pass? Seems like they should at this point.

Probably an extra stage and costumes.

And the fact that you get to keep those characters forever.

Also, "busy weekend"

lol

Is there a special way people memorize exact frame data? Maybe I should use flash cards or something like I was studying for a test.

Learn your character punishes and through that you will learn other characters as well. A good way to learn characters is to know what can be punished in your matchups with them and then use that information if you decide to switch mains or have an alt. Knowing what beats your character is a good way of becoming proficient with said character.

After that it just become second nature kind of like learning math you will just know what does what.

So I'm seeing how great Chun-Li's buttons are in the context of frame data. I don't know why her cr.MK is -2 and not -3. Why is her st.MP +3? Man.

Edit: Though, I should say I'm still memorizing these and I'm only at Chun-Li after learning Alex, Birdie and Cammy's. Controlling her and seeing these does make it obvious why she's a top character, though.

Yeah she's got crazy buttons. I though you were aware of general frame data of characters based on your skill level and ranking/matches played. I guess this says more about you as a player (aka you are really good)

Also goes to show to many people that are having issues that playing the game and figuring out what works with your character in real life is always going to make you better as opposed to studying frame data with no real world application.

After not delivering a promised character in the month of May, is Capcom going to do anything for people who bought the season pass? Seems like they should at this point.

Show their customers to not buy their season passes in the future.

Anyways how do people feel about Ibuki's kunai charge/limit? I personally don't really like it too much as I do not want mechanics like this in SF and would rather have it in games like GG, BB, and more recently KI. It won't deter me from playing with her I am just surprised they went that route with her compared to the rest of the cast.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah she's got crazy buttons. I though you were aware of general frame data of characters based on your skill level and ranking/matches played. I guess this says more about you as a player (aka you are really good)

Also goes to show to many people that are having issues that playing the game and figuring out what works with your character in real life is always going to make you better as opposed to studying frame data with no real world application.

I'm generally aware of frame data, of course, and I have studied up on specific moves in the past to find answers in training mode, but now I want to know the block advantages EXACTLY for every character, so I can have better in-depth knowledge. Like, right now, anyone could ask me the block advantage for any of Alex, Cammy, Chun-Li and Birdie's moves and I could straight up tell them; that's the kind of knowledge I seek. I always find it fascinating when commentators know the exact frame advantages, and that's the kind of skill I lack, since I have the basic gist of what is punishable but not the exact data in mind.

I'm the type of player who'd rather spend time playing more and more matches than going into Training mode in any FG, which has caused some problems for me regarding my general playstyle. I gain a bunch of experience by facing a variety of opponents in a ton of matches, but the prospect of labbing it up continues to kind of irk me, when I'd rather just play more. I'm getting better at going into Training mode to try stuff out, though.

robo_qwop

I'm generally aware of frame data, of course, and I have studied up on specific moves in the past to find answers in training mode, but now I want to know the block advantages EXACTLY for every character, so I can have better in-depth knowledge. Like, right now, anyone could ask me the block advantage for any of Alex, Cammy, Chun-Li and Birdie's moves and I could straight up tell them; that's the kind of knowledge I seek. I always find it fascinating when commentators know the exact frame advantages, and that's the kind of skill I lack, since I have the basic gist of what is punishable but not the exact data in mind.

I'm the type of player who'd rather spend time playing more and more matches than going into Training mode in any FG, which has caused some problems for me regarding my general playstyle. I gain a bunch of experience by facing a variety of opponents in a ton of matches, but the prospect of labbing it up continues to kind of irk me, when I'd rather just play more. I'm getting better at going into Training mode to try stuff out, though.

Do you have this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...AmcnW1uwVJ0H03QJtV-dJC5ohL8/htmlview?sle=true

Yeah I assume that you have some general awareness or I don't think you'd be able top get to where you are today. Do you use any frame data apps? There is a good one I use for Android called FAT that has everything you need and a notes section to write down matchup specific stuff.

It's good that you like to try things out in live matches as opposed to dummy setups in training, it's a viable way to learn and probably better for tournament/high level play. I come from a FG background of not being able to play online in games and training mode has always been a staple for how I learned things. Even getting in a little lab time, even as a warmup will probably help you quite a bit instead of spending hours a ta time in there. People who go into fighting games recently have so many tools at their disposal to learn things that it is really easy for them to get competent quickly.

I'd recommend this one personally:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XB1GW6Lk6yK176Nm8_l3cSxPowWxHfiRRh7qOess77E/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

It's got pretty colors :p

FluxWaveZ

Yeah I assume that you have some general awareness or I don't think you'd be able top get to where you are today. Do you use any frame data apps? There is a good one I use for Android called FAT that has everything you need and a notes section to write down matchup specific stuff.

I use this:

But yeah, there's a bunch of resources out there and a bunch of stuff I still have to learn, since I'm a relative newbie to competitive fighting games.

Fake edit: Oh wow, there's another one. Thanks for the link.

Hex

Banned

The pass had nothing to do with May or months.
The pass says that you will get the characters and the extra skin.
The pass says nothing about when, just when released.
Fuck everyone wants hand outs

Whoever pitched this OT's subtitle must've been at least partly clairvoyant. With a little added context:

It's been a Guile [since we heard from Capcom], but Urien for a wait [if you want another character]...

FluxWaveZ

https://gfycat.com/SlightRewardingDunnart

I don't even know what he was hoping to happen.

Might have just wanted to die at that point.

I've been running into BrolyLegs pretty consistently since this game came out, for some reason. We're always in the same LP ballpark, so that might be why. Well, more Chun-Li experience is always a good thing... I guess.

Went against a player whose CFN was Chun-li earlier. I found that to be pretty good.

Edzi

Hopped online for the first time in weeks, and man oh man is it dead. 30 minutes of waiting and I only got matched with 2 rookies in casual.

Skilletor

Hopped online for the first time in weeks, and man oh man is it dead. 30 minutes of waiting and I only got matched with 2 rookies in casual.

I think it's just matchmaking. I played for the first time in weeks and got two matches back to back within a couple minutes.

I've been playing every day since launch and I don't see any difference in online activity or matchmaking times.

Producer

Where do you live? I dont wait more than a minute or so for a casual match, im in the west coast.

Zerojul

Seems really random. Played for a short while yesterday, got matched with 4 different players, 1 silver, 2 super silvers and 1 gold, everything nice and smooth and a 1 minute wait between matches, tops. Granted it was peak time in Europe though.

KingBroly

Banned
The Spider-Gwen Cammy mod is pretty awesome, but I feel like a lot of the colors are too similar to know what the differences are on the CSS.

Raitaro

I could see that, probs Daytime Kanzuki

...which would be a bit of slap in the face considering it is already playable in (I think) Birdie's story mode (and the fact that it seems complete devoid of npc's or interactables - though that might be solely a personal blemish for me).

Stage variants like these should have been unlocked by playing story mode and they should then become a toggle option on the stage select screen instead of taking up a separate slot and being elevated to full stage status if you ask me.

SSReborn

So someone rage quit on me, I can't quite remember but you do get the points from the match right? Also if so does it not show up right away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom