• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Nah all characters have nearly the same (over)size eyes and most of them have big mouths too, it's just something you do to make expressions more noticable from ideal distances.
All characters are stylized, obviously, but Ryu, Laura, Chun, Necalli, Dhalsim, Karin, Mika, Nash, Bison, even Zangief don't have facial features that stand out and look wrong like Guile and Ken.

You guys are making a big deal out of nothing with guile.
You're right, I'll just go back to playing online with Guile with my fixed matchmaking.

:(

EDIT: Btw, I just realized Guile's trailer was the only trailer where the actually used the character's theme as the Background Music. Guile's Theme is just that good.

BlizzKrut

Banned
You guys are making a big deal out of nothing with guile.

Exactly, it's just picking at straws with Guile, there's nothing wrong with him, yeah he looks super serious in his win pose with his ALTERNATE STORY COSTUME, but it's nothing that damages your sights like Ken's face (even that isn't that bad).

MrCarter

That moment when the fans do better art than the developers is upon us.

It was hardly better lol. All they did was tweak Capcom's own material slightly with photoshop, they didn't make the art or model themselves. It's not rocket science. Guile, bar that screenshot, looks like one of the best in the game.

I can't believe what just happened. Me and a Nash player went down to the wire in the final round and I did sweep > V trigger which was blocked. So I dash in to throw but all I got was a st. jab. Then the Nash player throws me just a tad later. I sat there utterly confused as to how I screwed that up. And naturally I'm constantly pressing the two buttons because I swore I did it correctly. When the menu screen pops up so I can move on I find out I can't leave. And that's because my LK button(X on PS4) is out.

That explains why I jabbed only, but man it couldn't have happened just a little later. Couldn't it have held out just a tad longer so I can win the match and not rematch even though it was a rematch in which I lost the first one. I'm using my VLX right now and it's weird as hell, I haven't touched it since the first week after SFV came out. I got it more as a collectors item and have used the Mad Catz TE2 only since that first week.

EDIT: Wire just came loose. The first time I tried to put in a new panel I didn't know that I had to press some part of the connector end of the wire to loosen it. I had no idea this was the case because I've had 4 sticks before(and got a VLX at the same time as the TE2) and none of them were like this. So because I didn't know that I yanked hard and tore the wire from the connector. I did some really ghetto re wiring(basically just wrapped it around the connector) and it held up until this point and that's what I did again when I reopened my stick. I wish I had known that before because it kind of bugs me that one of them is like that.

Big Brett

I want to get back into Cammy after watching KBrad he is an inspiration. If anyone has one of those hot as fuck Battle Cammy costumes, and you want to just give it away, I may be able to provide assistance... :D

It's amazing how there was no lag while fighting this gold Nash until I start making a comeback and then all of a sudden it magically turns into a slideshow. Played the second game just to see if it would turn out the same way, wouldn't ya know...

Sometimes I feel like I'm getting progressively worse over time, and I fucking hate this feeling.

I feel I've hit that same path. Or maybe we've hit our ceilings quicker and others around are still improving. :/

I go to a local tourney down in soflo. I've gone three times now, I've gotten 3rd, 7th, 5th in that order and I feel like I'm losing to people I should be able to beat.

Sometimes I feel like I'm getting progressively worse over time, and I fucking hate this feeling.
I doubt you're getting worse, but it could just be because you play Mika. And I'm not taking a shot at you or anything, because you actually play very good footsies with her and you play smart, but Mika just seems very easy to beat if you know what you're doing against her. She's scary as fuck in the corner of course, but if you can prevent that from happening or successfully escape the corner then she becomes fairly easy to keep out.

Wallach

years of fighting dhalsim in different SF games and it still always winds up feeling like

zXM8Rlj.jpg

FluxWaveZ

I doubt you're getting worse, but it could just be because you play Mika. And I'm not taking a shot at you or anything, because you actually play very good footsies with her and you play smart, but Mika just seems very easy to beat if you know what you're doing against her. She's scary as fuck in the corner of course, but if you can prevent that from happening or successfully escape the corner then she becomes fairly easy to keep out.

I actually do think this is part of it. Inherently, Mikas need to play a bit crazy to take matches. There is no "defensive Mika," I have no idea what that would even look like. So I feel that if the risk-reward just doesn't pay off against an opponent, she'll just get steamrolled without having the chance to engage in her trademark brainlessness people like to hate.

It's why I've been trying to learn a second character who has a more "honest" playstyle where I can actually fight the opponent without having to be volatile and nuts all the time.

I actually do think this is part of it. Inherently, Mikas need to play a bit crazy to take matches. There is no "defensive Mika," I have no idea what that would even look like. So I feel that if the risk-reward just doesn't pay off against an opponent, she'll just get steamrolled without having the chance to engage in her trademark brainlessness people like to hate.

It's why I've been trying to learn a second character who has a more "honest" playstyle where I can actually fight the opponent without having to be volatile and nuts all the time.
Yeah I feel like she's very one dimensional at the moment, whereas almost every other character feels like they can have a variety of playstyles.

I'm constantly messing around with other characters, so if you want to do some sets just testing out some new ones, I'm always down (well when I'm at home and not working 14 hour days)

LakeEarth

Pretty sure that's SFxT's Guile. Though it's probably a very similar model.

I can't seem to be able to escape the ultra silver / gold rank up rank down loop with Alex. I still lose to the occasional silver/super silver which is killer on my points.

TheOGB

Banned
Yeah, that's a SFxT cutscene (iirc the one where Abel wants to hug a bear [Kuma] if they beat Heihachi)

Honestly, I don't see what's so especially ugly about Guile, compared to every other dude in SF4.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yeah, that's a SFxT cutscene (iirc the one where Abel wants to hug a bear [Kuma] if they beat Heihachi)

Honestly, I don't see what's so especially ugly about Guile, compared to every other dude in SF4.

actually i don't think he looks that bad in sf4. was kind of trying to point out that his face doesn't look as messed up as that closeup in sf5 heh

TheOGB

Banned
actually i don't think he looks that bad in sf4. was kind of trying to point out that his face doesn't look as messed up as that closeup in sf5 heh
Yeah, they could def stand to fix up his eyes in 5 a bit. Shades being default shouldn't be a crutch or anything.

But it seems like with the reveal I've seen the sentiment of SF4 Guile being really ugly a lot, and I'm like "Wasn't everybody...?" Lol

Big Brett

Bad Cammy here looking to spar with people better than me. I'm Bronze. If you want to tear me apart and give me some criticism pass me your CFN name!

TheOGB

Banned
Why do Ryus go for tatsu into super instead of DP into Super?
Easier to pull off/slightly longer window of time to do the CA?

Personally I prefer LK Tatsu into CA when I'm playing on d-pad. I can do DP into CA but half the time it feels like an accident. More consistent on stick, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom