• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcf x2

Man, people love those Funko POP figures... I think they look like butt.

Well, there's Cammy butt
:-\
and there's Mika butt
:D

And yeah people quit on me in battle lounge all the time... they win, they stay, they lose they bounce lol. I think some people really have what that giantbomb guy bragged about, the asinine concept that if you're not winning it isn't fun.

I'm going through a thing where people are downloading me way too quickly. I'll beat them with more than 85% of my health left, no contest and the next two fights if they don't beat me, they come very close.

Shadoken

I'm going through a thing where people are downloading me way too quickly. I'll beat them with more than 85% of my health left, no contest and the next two fights if they don't beat me, they come very close.

Go watch your replays. You are just falling victim to playing a set pattern play. Try to play more reactively , if you put the opponent in a situation and the opponent comes out on top with a read on you. Try to remember it.

Say for example you throw a long range poke and the opponent always jabs after it and you do nothing about it. The next time you throw the poke , you counter poke with something like Jab x Special and it will hit them if the spacing is right.

Same thing with say Fireball patterns , try to do the same pattern except throw in a Jab instead of a throwing a fireball when the opponent last jumped in on you. He will most likely take the bait and you can punish.

Go watch your replays. You are just falling victim to playing a set pattern play. Try to play more reactively , if you put the opponent in a situation and the opponent comes out on top with a read on you. Try to remember it.

Say for example you throw a long range poke and the opponent always jabs after it and you do nothing about it. The next time you throw the poke , you counter poke with something like Jab x Special and it will hit them if the spacing is right.

Same thing with say Fireball patterns , try to do the same pattern except throw in a Jab instead of a throwing a fireball when the opponent last jumped in on you. He will most likely take the bait and you can punish.

Oh ok. I'll try that. Great advice, thank you.

Shito

Yeah just caught that. He's got that combo down it seems. Craziness
Is that supposed to be that crazy?
Vryu was already doing it to online randoms like the day after Guile released... And ChrisG is used to stupid combos like this one with Marvel. ^^

Way more impressed by Stupendous, as always.

Scotia

Banned
Blade

We proudly present a member of North America's branch of Shadaloo.
We know it happens a name of a rank resembles another in another subsidiary, and he's roughly a soldier of intermediate level.

blade.jpg

Name: Blade
Height: 192cm
Weight: 125kg
Blood Type: B
Birthday: August 3
Home Country: USA
Favorite things: Popcorn
Dislikes: people without faith

A members of Shadaloo troopers. Fights with a blade suited to his weight.
He not only knows how to handle the knife, but also grappling techniques and has a powerful Abisegeri¹.
Huh, he's a bit mysterious, isn't he...!

¹ A front rolling kick

Pompadour

Blade

We proudly present a member of North America's branch of Shadaloo.
We know it happens a name of a rank resembles another in another subsidiary, and he's roughly a soldier of intermediate level.

blade.jpg

Name: Blade
Height: 192cm
Weight: 125kg
Blood Type: B
Birthday: August 3
Home Country: USA
Favorite things: Popcorn
Dislikes: people without faith

A members of Shadaloo troopers. Fights with a blade suited to his weight.
He not only knows how to handle the knife, but also grappling techniques and has a powerful Abisegeri¹.
Huh, he's a bit mysterious, isn't he...!

¹ A front rolling kick

The dream of Sawada in SFV never dies.

they nerfed akuma's dp?

Yes.

I'm here to leak things about the upcoming DLCs as well as the characters.

Season 2 will be:

Ibuki's evil twin, Ikubi. Ikubi is a charge-based grappler with a fireball.

Oro

Sakura

Q

Q-2. This will be the Robot version of Q with different moves.

Q-3. This will be Q's successor after he dies in the story.

Akuma. Akuma will have no DP or tatsu. Only a fireball and his pseudo-teleport. However, the fireball will kill instantly on hit.

BOOKMARK THIS POST CAUSE IT's GONNA BE TRUE.

So I noticed that each character that got one of them capcom profiles aren't in season 1 and probably won't be in season 2 tbh.

Deejay hasn't been shown off yet so I guess he's pretty much confirmed at this point.
#factsonly

Shito

I never liked Gouki and don't get why people want him in this game so badly, but it never occurred to me up to this point that, in this game, a shoryu and Gouki's life = FUN! FUN! FUN! for me... :3

I never liked Gouki and don't get why people want him in this game so badly, but it never occurred to me up to this point that, in this game, a shoryu and Gouki's life = FUN! FUN! FUN! for me... :3

I think Akuma's been in every Street Fighter game? If not, then he's definitely made the most appearances so there will be people who naturally like him and have played him for quite a long time. Plus he can be a fun character.

I'm really curious to see how they make Akuma in this game since Ryu's the wall-like shoto and Ken's the ultra-offensive one.

Btw, is there something special about Akuma's DP that I'm not getting? Isn't it like every other shotos?

Skilletor

He still cool Akuma

You just got the choice to put a pizza on his back now if you want

Yes, which is why I hate character customization. Any game that has it should have an option for the opponent NOT to see it. People make shit looking characters and I'm forced to see it online. I hate it.

Numb

It's a choice we were never given, damn it FeelsBadMan
Pizza can be thrown like a fireball

UtmZmZi.jpg

Destracto disc pizza fireballs.

Yes, which is why I hate character customization. Any game that has it should have an option for the opponent NOT to see it. People make shit looking characters and I'm forced to see it online. I hate it.
Agreed about the option to not want to see it
People were using fish in hand to confuse grabs techs in the game and put crazy stuff on the big characters blocking what they were doing lol

Skilletor

Agreed about the option to now want to see it
People were using fish in hand to confuse grabs techs in the game and put crazy stuff on the big characters blocking what they were doing lol

Yeah, that's another aspect to it I dislike.

I don't mind having the option, I'd just like the option to not see it in matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom