• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, why are so many people voting yes to this? The character will have been out for a little over 3 weeks by then, that is just not enough time to learn the matchup properly.

It may be great from a spectator's point of view, but it really sucks from a competitor's point of view.

You answered your own question.

What's the point of the rule if you just leave up to a vote? It isn't fair from a competitive standpoint

He's not leaving it up to a vote, he's just taking a general polling to see what people's thoughts on the matter are.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Have you not had fun with the game thus far? It was a botched release with tons of existing issues and ongoing development, but I'd never imply that I didn't get my money's worth considering how much I play. I'd assume most people in this OT would feel similarly.

I definitely have. That was just the best random even hubs comment guy I could do. I'm fine with a delay if it means a better game. Gonna have to wait either way right?

mbpm1

God, why are so many people voting yes to this? The character will have been out for a little over 3 weeks by then, that is just not enough time to learn the matchup properly.

It may be great from a spectator's point of view, but it really sucks from a competitor's point of view.

Don't worry.

Nobody's gonna win EVO with her on a day of practice right?
Congrats to Infiltration again

Csr

Have you not had fun with the game thus far? It was a botched release with tons of existing issues and ongoing development, but I'd never imply that I didn't get my money's worth considering how much I play. I'd assume most people in this OT would feel similarly.

You can have fun with an alpha or beta. I would be playing more and having a lot more fun without the problems though.

It's fascinating to watch out Capcom is becoming dysfunctional over the years. At this point I'm not even sure this company will still be around in 7-10 years.

It's fascinating to watch out Capcom is becoming dysfunctional over the years. At this point I'm not even sure this company will still be around in 7-10 years.
But what about the fantastic franchises that they have and have given such great support to like Megaman?

They may be grossly incompetent in the matter of SFV for some reason but they can still make some damn good games. And they have some real money-making franchises on their hands so they've have to mess up consistently and hugely to really be at risk of disappearing.

Wow really? Lol

If anything Combofiend is the only one from Capcom I actually know and recognize since he appears on Capcom Pro Talk regularly.

Also isn't the Japanese side mainly responsible for developing the game? Let's blame them completely for the problems with this game and it coming out half finished.

THIS, they are just shifting the blame rather than taking responsibility, if they had waited and delivered a better product maybe we'd have a roadmap they could actually keep up with.

JayEH

It's so weird too since they were on their shit for most of last gen. one of the few japanese pubs who made the transition to HD with ease.

Zerojul

I'm really, really sick of all the drama around that game. Of both Capcom acting like absolute shit on all fronts, and the haters taking every opportunity to blow the littlest piece of news out of proportion.

I'm really, really sick of all the drama around that game. Of both Capcom acting like absolute shit on all fronts, and the haters taking every opportunity to blow the littlest piece of news out of proportion.
If we don't give them shit about it, they're gonna pull this shit with more games.

EDIT: Imagine if they released a Megaman game and it was hilariously incomplete at launch lol.

Like they're gonna release a Megaman game.

If we don't give them shit about it, they're gonna pull this shit with more games.

EDIT: Imagine if they released a Megaman game and it was hilariously incomplete at launch lol.

Like they're gonna release a Megaman game.

I'm so baffled by the idea that they would release a new Megaman game that I can't even comprehend the rest of what you wrote.

Sigmaah

Ima just go with Capcom Japan being the fuck bois in this situation.

Also homie said rage quits dropped by 60% my fucking ass they did. Lying ass.

Shito

They will never completely get rid of rage quitters, there will always be situations where one poor soul won't be able to take his loss.
Yesterday I've played a bit of ranking for the first time in a few weeks. Met an ultra-silver or gold Nash (I only remember he had just around 4k LP) who beats me closely -- I'm only sitting at around 2200 LP at the moment because I rarely play online. Sure enough, he doesn't rematch me. The very next match we are matched together again, and I woop his ass cleanly. This time he takes the rematch, beats me, and on our very last set we are both down to our last sliver of health in the last round. We are a whole screen away from each other, so I decide to go for it and bait him into doing something stupid by charging up a clap (I'm playing Laura): sure enough he tries to somersault it on reaction, but I have more than enough time to recover and block it, letting him fall to his death on my fireball. And you guessed it, all of this was promptly followed by a rage quit on his part.
I don't even blame him, surely he was pissed, and didn't want to lose +100 points on this, but yeah, Capcom will never get rid of the occasional rage-quitters like this one guy in this particular situation.

FluxWaveZ

Ima just go with Capcom Japan being the fuck bois in this situation.

Also homie said rage quits dropped by 60% my fucking ass they did. Lying ass.

I fully believe that, based on my experience. The amount of rage quits I'm getting now is pretty much in line with that drop. It was absolutely ridiculous before the rage quit penalty and, even though it still happens to me occasionally, it's much less frequent than before.

KingBroly

Banned
It seems like Capcom Japan didn't want Capcom USA to make that road map in the first place.

Nobody would've bought the Season Pass without that Roadmap. If Capcom had said 'yeah, it's 6 characters whenever we feel like' people would've laughed their asses off at them.

Nobody would've bought the Season Pass without that Roadmap. If Capcom had said 'yeah, it's 6 characters whenever we feel like' people would've laughed their asses off at them.
They could've just said " in 2016" and people would still have bought it, let's not kid ourselves.

Steroyd

Why?

The main point of the season pass is to not spend FM on new characters, I'd say the lack of Zenny shop would have made people not buy a season pass even then the season pass holders get premium costumes for the DLC chars and the Guile stage thrown in.

Sigmaah

I fully believe that, based on my experience. The amount of rage quits I'm getting now is pretty much in line with that drop. It was absolutely ridiculous before the rage quit penalty and, even though it still happens to me occasionally, it's much less frequent than before.

『Inaba Resident』;205500789 said:
Its been much less frequent for me so I can believe that

Guess it must be vega getting niggas salty af.

Scotia

Banned

Some more tweets from this guy:

https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/738600429580210177

https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/738600240538783744

So to summarise;

Capcom Japan didn't want any roadmaps made because they knew they weren't going to meet the deadlines. Capcom USA made one because they knew they weren't going to sell any season passes without one. Capcom Japan pretend the roadmap doesn't exist in Japan, but they're mad at Capcom USA for now giving them a deadline to work to regardless, and when Capcom Japan eventually fuck up and can't meet the deadline they blame Capcom USA and let them take the blame.

Jesus.

KingBroly

Banned
Such a mess...lol

Where’s the Sony ninjas to help with development when you need them?

Capom couldn’t have got help from the IceTeam?

You'd think they would have, but I think we're still a bit in the dark in regards to how Sony got this game as an exclusive. By my guess, it was just Pro Tour Money and funding the USF4 port. Beyond that...yeah, I dunno. Hell, why didn't they get the USF4 port people on this to help out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom