• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ain't that the truth! Same with Ryu.

On the other end of the spectrum, the last hit on Alex's super always does less then I expect.
The CA does do less damage than most other CAs for some reason.

More than once when fighting against a friend who's an Alex player, I just pick up my phone and look away cause clearly I'm gonna die, only to find out I still have a sliver of health left.

LakeEarth

The CA does do less damage than most other CAs for some reason.

More than once when fighting against a friend who's an Alex player, I just pick up my phone and look away cause clearly I'm gonna die, only to find out I still have a sliver of health left.

It should do 350 damage, which is on par for most others. Maybe he scales harder in less hits than other characters? I'm not sure.

EDIT - technically, Karin's CA does 10 less damage compared to Alex. It really doesn't seem that way though.

guys, so there is story and premium costumes, the story costumes can be bought with fight money, premium costumes are behind zenny aka real money. Has capcom given any indication they are gonna release more costumes that can be bought with fight money?
maybe with the new story dlc they'll be adding some more story costumes?

Ryce

guys, so there is story and premium costumes, the story costumes can be bought with fight money, premium costumes are behind zenny aka real money. Has capcom given any indication they are gonna release more costumes that can be bought with fight money?
maybe with the new story dlc they'll be adding some more story costumes?
I doubt it, honestly. The story costumes aren't numbered, whereas the Zenny costumes are called "Battle Costume 1." I'm sure we'll see Battle Costumes 2 and 3 over the course of SFV's lifetime, but the existing story costumes are all I'm expecting for free.

Owensboro

We're 4 months in and my CFN Favorites list still doesn't work. I just spent a good 20 minutes looking online for a fix and can't find anything. Anyone got a solution? I'm thinking of just uninstalling and reinstalling the application, but I know that's not going to do it :(

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Urien for a wait

FluxWaveZ

Balrog at the end of August then.

I like them saying they'll try to be more transparent about this stuff in the future, but there are about a million things they could be addressing with this game. Like: when will the option come to be able to play character themes in matches that are not Casual/Ranked? That's still not in the game, and it hasn't been talked about either. There are so many small things like that going on that I have to wonder when the base game without DLC stuff will actually feel complete.

Hopefully they keep this up. Weekly or bi weekly.

This is what needs to happen. Let's hope they keep this shit up.

I figure a lot of people are gonna be sore that they didn't touch on things like the Zenny Shop and such, but I suspect they'd do that during the next updates.

So basically, win me over, Capcom. If I don't hear shit about the Shop before the last week in June, I'll assume it's going live.

The last week of June are you fucking serious? Still no word on improving the netcode. I was match up from someone from Cambodia the other day and played against a 1 bar Alex when I set the limit to 4-5 bars.

HardRojo

At this point I was expecting something more substantial in terms of communication. They have yet to address the Zenny store release window, Daily challenges, actual improvements on the RQ penalty system, whether they'll add an Arcade and VS CPU mode, among other minor issues like Training mode settings not being saved, not being able to choose character of stage music for online/offline play and Player 2 not being able to choose Character select during VS mode.

Bizazedo

GGs. You better kick some ass with that Bison of yours at the tournament.

Hopefully. Art's apparently coming down with his Dhalsim from New York, plus local killers. Jwong and Gootecks are here, too, but dunno if competing or as "employees" of Wizard World.

Probably competing lol.

Edzi

I mean if they keep these volumes constant this would be a far better way of communicating about the game.

This one's lame, but if there's an update every week that's far better than once a month no matter how small the info is.

Yeah, pretty much this. They also finally acknowledged the input delay thing, so that's a good start at some transparency with the community.

KingBroly

Banned
It doesn't sound like the Zenny Shop or Daily Challenges are coming out anytime soon.

Interesting to see them discuss the input delay issue but not the rollback issue.

They still have a lot to talk about, but I imagine if they talked about everything at once, it'd...

A - Overwhelm people over the amount of info

B - Alarm people into thinking about how much is wrong with the game right now

Capcom's best bet right now is to try and FFXIV this thing at some point.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It doesn't sound like the Zenny Shop or Daily Challenges are coming out anytime soon.

Interesting to see them discuss the input delay issue but not the rollback issue.

They still have a lot to talk about, but I imagine if they talked about everything at once, it'd...

A - Overwhelm people over the amount of info

B - Alarm people into thinking about how much is wrong with the game right now

Capcom's best bet right now is to try and FFXIV this thing at some point.

"Thank you for participating in the year long Street Fighter V paid alpha."

Edzi

"Thank you for participating in the year long Street Fighter V paid alpha."

Have you not had fun with the game thus far? It was a botched release with tons of existing issues and ongoing development, but I'd never imply that I didn't get my money's worth considering how much I play. I'd assume most people in this OT would feel similarly.

KingBroly

Banned
What's the point of the rule if you just leave up to a vote? It isn't fair from a competitive standpoint

Especially when it happened to other prominent games in past. Last year Smash Bros. had 3 characters not eligible for EVO, and now SF5 might get a pass? Total bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom