• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think they would have, but I think we're still a bit in the dark in regards to how Sony got this game as an exclusive. By my guess, it was just Pro Tour Money and funding the USF4 port. Beyond that...yeah, I dunno. Hell, why didn't they get the USF4 port people on this to help out?
Didn't the USFIV people fuck that up tho initially?

I guess this throws a wrench in the "all characters are already done!" theory though.

KingBroly

Banned

I guess this throws a wrench in the "all characters are already done!" theory though.

They fixed it pretty quick, though. Like a month or something. It couldn't be used for EVO, though. It makes you wonder why it was done when USF4 on PS4 was just kinda tossed out so fast, though.

Pompadour

Does it? Ibuki looks done and Balrog was apparently "almost done." I still think it's the Zenny shop.

And even if it wasn't, Capcom seems like the kind of company that would push out it's money shop as soon as possible even if their actual content couldn't meet deadline. Didn't SFxT have a Day 1 gem and color shop?

MadGear

Some more tweets from this guy:

https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/738600429580210177

https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/738600240538783744

So to summarise;

Capcom Japan didn't want any roadmaps made because they knew they weren't going to meet the deadlines. Capcom USA made one because they knew they weren't going to sell any season passes without one. Capcom Japan pretend the roadmap doesn't exist in Japan, but they're mad at Capcom USA for now giving them a deadline to work to regardless, and when Capcom Japan eventually fuck up and can't meet the deadline they blame Capcom USA and let them take the blame.

Jesus.

If this is true then Capcom USA deserves the blame. But why is there such a weird disconnect between the two in the first place? Apparently they got a lot more to fix than just the game.

So going forward, that roadmap is pretty much invalid right now and I wonder how long it will take them to communicate this to the players or if they just won't address this at all.

KingBroly

Banned
If this is true then Capcom USA deserves the blame. But why is there such a weird disconnect between the two in the first place? Apparently they got a lot more to fix than just the game.

So going forward, that roadmap is pretty much invalid right now and I wonder how long it will take them to communicate this to the players or if they just won't address this at all.

Financial, basically. If Capcom USA didn't have the roadmap, how many people would have bought the Season Pass? And considering from the looks of things, a number of people who bought said Season Pass want a refund.

Shito

I don't think the schedule was there for the season pass, it was more something to help reassure potential buyers scared by the little content there would be at launch that the game would get some regular and quick updates.

Capcom Japan will need to understand that this is what the "game as a service" model entices, and that such schedules are a necessity for a community to grow around your game, rather than leaving them in the dark for weeks or months on end and release every information at once.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

cammyruns.gif

So to summarise;

Capcom Japan didn't want any roadmaps made because they knew they weren't going to meet the deadlines. Capcom USA made one because they knew they weren't going to sell any season passes without one. Capcom Japan pretend the roadmap doesn't exist in Japan, but they're mad at Capcom USA for now giving them a deadline to work to regardless, and when Capcom Japan eventually fuck up and can't meet the deadline they blame Capcom USA and let them take the blame.

Jesus.

And once again lack of communication is just another negativity for them, if they told players characters wouldn't be released until finish players would understand, but i think they wanted to sell season passes so they just went with the character every month, and now they can't get them ready in time..

KingBroly

Banned
So...did Capcom USA say there wouldn't be a SSF5 or did Capcom Japan say it?

Since the two are clearly at odds with one another right now, I think it's a fair question to ask.

Skilletor

So...did Capcom USA say there wouldn't be a SSF5 or did Capcom Japan say it?

Since the two are clearly at odds with one another right now, I think it's a fair question to ask.

Only you would think that's a fair question, lol.

They said we wouldn't have to pay for future, gameplay related updates. Ono has said this. I don't think anybody has ever said that there won't be a "Super" version of SF5. People interpreted their update plan as meaning the name of the game would forever be SF5. Which, imo, has always been silly.

So to summarise;

Jesus.

This make sense to me. Remember just a few weeks out from launch the rumor was that we would get a character every other month? That always seemed far more feasible to me.

You'd think they would have, but I think we're still a bit in the dark in regards to how Sony got this game as an exclusive. By my guess, it was just Pro Tour Money and funding the USF4 port. Beyond that...yeah, I dunno. Hell, why didn't they get the USF4 port people on this to help out?

Probably because fixing existing content is different than creating original content. The situations aren't even remotely similar.

KingBroly

Banned
Only you would think that's a fair question, lol.

They said we wouldn't have to pay for future, gameplay related updates. Ono has said this. I don't think anybody has ever said that there won't be a "Super" version of SF5. People interpreted their update plan as meaning the name of the game would forever be SF5. Which, imo, has always been silly.

Probably because fixing existing content is different than creating original content. The situations aren't even remotely similar.

It's a fair question because we know one thing was done at odds between branches. So it's fair to ask what other things, if any, were also done at odds with one another?

Fixing SF5's netcode and matchmaking shouldn't be rocket science, but here we are, 4 months later, still busted, and isn't being addressed. The 8f input lag is, but not the rollback netcode or slow matchmaking (the latter of which is most likely not going to be fixed because they told the casual audience they don't want/need their business).

Scotia

Banned
So yeah, the content roadmap we've all been talking about and referencing since before the game was even out isn't even official in the eyes of Capcom Japan. That just blows my mind.

Zackat

KingBroly was right

Capcom is truly a mess
It's amazing how much of a mess they are lol. If they had just communicated better this wouldn't be a problem. All this lack of communication is starting to make more sense if the USA and Japan arms of the company are at odds with each other.

lol this is some Sega of Japan vs Sega of America shit. With SFV as the Sega Saturn they launched way too early and miscommunited how to fix the situation when the sales werent there and the product was busted.

If the premium costumes for the DLC characters were of high quality then I'd still not regret my season pass as I'll have enough FM for the next wave of characters.

But Jesus Christ, Alex's is a fucking travesty and Guile's is ok-ish. Not exactly something I'd pay money for otherwise.

Sure as hell not spending any money for anything on this game until there's people who have already tried it and can give reviews.

Shito

I don't get the question: I'm still getting to keep those characters once the cash shop finally releases, so I can still spend my FM on costumes and colors and whatnots, instead of characters, which is why I bought the season pass in the first place.
Nothing has changed.

Even made a surprise 70k economy on that awesome guile stage, so...
There are better fights to fight than this one.

Alchemist

We fucked up

...How? Once the zenny store is up, you're going to have to pay for the characters anyway.

You guys are overreacting. Ibuki being delayed and Capcom Japan not acknowledging the road map doesn't indicate we're going to be waiting months for promised content.

...How? Once the zenny store is up, you're going to have to pay for the characters anyway.

You guys are overreacting. Ibuki being delayed and Capcom Japan not acknowledging the road map doesn't indicate we're going to be waiting months for promised content.
Yah I'm surprised how big of a deal people are making about this one month delay.

Mr. X

CoJ is run by businessmen who only care about profit.

They give 0 shits about netcode, balance, quality of life stuff, etc. They don't even care about SF to begin with. If it was there call, SFV would've dropped and everything else would be in Super SFV 2 but that would've been canceled or incomplete due to poor SFV sales. There would be no Pro Tour, beta period and netcode would've been really bad delay based like Capcom Japan usually employs.

LakeEarth

If the premium costumes for the DLC characters were of high quality then I'd still not regret my season pass as I'll have enough FM for the next wave of characters.

But Jesus Christ, Alex's is a fucking travesty and Guile's is ok-ish. Not exactly something I'd pay money for otherwise.

Sure as hell not spending any money for anything on this game until there's people who have already tried it and can give reviews.

I've never cared about alt costumes and colors, but Alex's premium costume is pretty terrible. I don't understand why both his story mode and premium costumes have him with no shoes on, especially considering his fight intro starts off with a closeup of his feet. It looks really dumb.

Alchemist

Yah I'm surprised how big of a deal people are making about this one month delay.

The delay is definitely annoying, but if it means characters going forward come out complete *cough*Alex*cough* and other areas of the game are being improved upon, there should be no complaints.

It's the culmination of every problem the game has had up until now.

What do you want them to do? They've come out and explained what happened and signed off saying they will provide more consistent updates. Story mode, Ibuki and the zenny store could all launch in June with no hiccups and you would still find something to nitpick.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Honestly I don't feel salty about getting the Season Pass, I would be pissed if they eventually gave away the characters for free, but at some point they're going to go back behind the paywall, and that's where the SP will be worth it. I know I'm never going to git gud enough to earn the Fight Money needed.

Shito

I've never cared about alt costumes and colors, but Alex's premium costume is pretty terrible. I don't understand why both his story mode and premium costumes have him with no shoes on, especially considering his fight intro starts off with a closeup of his feet. It looks really dumb.
Well, it's not like this is a game where another character has a win pose where he removes his hat before putting it back on, and a costume where he doesn't wear a hat at all... ^^

Skilletor

I character like Ibuki with mixups like she looks to have shouldn't be playable at EVO.

:/

I say this as a person who will play nothing but Ibuki for the forseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom