• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

It's impossible to answer this question without a clear date for her release.
But generally speaking, I am okay with the CPT rule of 1 week; people put too much emphasis on the "but what if someone finds broken tech with the new character and roll on everybody", when what usually happens is that people don't have enough experience with said character to be competitive at the highest level and just choose someone else. And it's not the 90s anymore where techs are kept secret...
Look at how much time Alex took to appear in tournaments.
See how Guile is only starting to show, thanks to ChrisG and nobody else for the moment.

Westlo

So about us who got the season pass....

I got it 20% cheaper on PC through GreenManGaming *shrug*

If I had known what a fuck up their zenny shop implementation was going to be as well as how shit the majority of premium dlc alts were I would never had bothered. I thought they were going to be on the level of the pre order ones....

Scotia

Banned
Arkane

We proudly present a member of North America's branch of Shadaloo.
One of the personal bodyguards of Lord Bison!

aekane.jpg

Name: Arkane
Height: 188cm
Weight: 92kg
Blood Type: A
Birthday: May 26
Home Country: Poland
Favorite things: Oil painting
Dislikes: warm beverages

A members of Shadaloo Troopers. Thanks to his ultrasonic device implemented in his arms, he can produce lightnings, although they inflicts little damage.
It seems the same device allows him to teleport.
The power of science is fantastic!

Korezo

It's impossible to answer this question without a clear date for her release.
But generally speaking, I am okay with the CPT rule of 1 week; people put too much emphasis on the "but what if someone finds broken tech with the new character and roll on everybody", when what usually happens is that people don't have enough experience with said character to be competitive at the highest level and just choose someone else. And it's not the 90s anymore where techs are kept secret...
Look at how much time Alex took to appear in tournaments.
See how Guile is only starting to show, thanks to ChrisG and nobody else for the moment.

Does any real sport ban players because he/she is new and the opponents need to watch tape or practice before? I'll never get this ban characters cause its new stuff. Should only ban if someone starts using a exploit.

Piccoro

It's up to the EVO administration whether Ibuki is allowed or not. I really hope she isn't. It's horrible from a competitor's POV.

Two weeks is more than enough time according to CPT rules.

Edit:
Arkane

We proudly present a member of North America's branch of Shadaloo.
One of the personal bodyguards of Lord Bison!

aekane.jpg

Name: Arkane
Height: 188cm
Weight: 92kg
Blood Type: A
Birthday: May 26
Home Country: Poland
Favorite things: Oil
Dislikes: warm beverages

A members of Shadaloo Troopers. Thanks to his ultrasonic device implemented in his arms, he can produce lightnings, although they inflicts little damage.
It seems the same device allows him to teleport.
The power of science is fantastic!
He was a hidden character on Street Fighter the Movie Arcade! I guess him and Cap. Sawada make the Movie canon, then :p

Does any real sport ban players because he/she is new and the opponents need to watch tape or practice before? I'll never get this ban characters cause its new stuff. Should only ban if someone starts using a exploit.
While your sports comparison is pretty stupid, let's compare something like e-sports which is more comparable.

Whenever Dota 2 gets a new hero (or rather is ported from the original DotA), it's not available in Captain's Mode which is the standard format for all tournament play. It is available for people in public matches and for general play, but not for tournament play. They're kept there until Valve is sure that most if not all game-affecting bugs and balance work has been done.

Even when a hero gets reworked, they're usually taken out of the pool temporarily.

EDIT: The more time you spend against certain characters, the more strategies you figure out, both against them and with them.

Assuming Ibuki has no clearly broken stuff or crazy unbalanced tech, a lot of stuff probably won't get figured out in the short timespan of 2 weeks. Yes, it gives Ibuki pickers a disadvantage that they only have 2 weeks of experience with the character, but it also gives them an advantage as their opponent might not have as much experience playing against her or have knowledge of her tech.

Personally, I don't think she should be playable. If it was 1 month, maybe. But not 2 weeks.

Korezo

While your sports comparison is pretty stupid, let's compare something like e-sports which is more comparable.

Whenever Dota 2 gets a new hero (or rather is ported from the original DotA), it's not available in Captain's Mode which is the standard format for all tournament play. It is available for people in public matches and for general play, but not for tournament play. They're kept there until Valve is sure that most if not all game-affecting bugs and balance work has been done.

Even when a hero gets reworked, they're usually taken out of the pool temporarily.

EDIT: The more time you spend against certain characters, the more strategies you figure out, both against them and with them.

Assuming Ibuki has no clearly broken stuff or crazy unbalanced tech, a lot of stuff probably won't get figured out in the short timespan of 2 weeks. Yes, it gives Ibuki pickers a disadvantage that they only have 2 weeks of experience with the character, but it also gives them an advantage as their opponent might not have as much experience playing against her or have knowledge of her tech.

Personally, I don't think she should be playable. If it was 1 month, maybe. But not 2 weeks.

Lol thought fgc was eat sports.

LakeEarth

Matchmaking is so inconsistent in this game. I'll have 4-5 matches in a row with only a ~1min wait, and then suddenly I have to wait so long that the first song ends. I wonder what is going on there.

Matchmaking is so inconsistent in this game. I'll have 4-5 matches in a row with only a ~1min wait, and then suddenly I have to wait so long that the first song ends. I wonder what is going on there.

if you suddently get unusual long wait you gotta stop the queue briefly to get out of the void. this will help in my experience, at least most of the time.

Shito

if you suddently get unusual long wait you gotta stop the queue briefly to get out of the void. this will help in my experience, at least most of the time.
Yeah, happened to me yesterday.
Got one match that got cancelled on the "connecting..." phase, and then 3 minutes of nothing. Cancelled the search, enabled it again, and found a match in the next 20 seconds...

Got matched up with a Ryu. He RQ

Got matched up with another Ryu. He RQ.

Got matched up with the second Ryu again. He RQ.

Got matched up with a Mika. He RQ.

Oh goodie.

LakeEarth

Thanks, I'll try that next time I start hearing the tail end of the first menu song.

The Mika was on casual.

Dropping in casuals is a mystery to me. There's literally no upside. You can't see the stats screen, so you don't even know your win/loss ratio. There's no rank involved, you can't lose anything for losing in casuals. In fact, the game gives you a bit of XP, which you don't get by dropping. Which makes getting that 1000FM level bonus process even slower. So dropping in casuals is actually a bigger detriment than taking the loss.

Dropping in casuals is a mystery to me. There's literally no upside. You can't see the stats screen, so you don't even know your win/loss ratio. There's no rank involved, you can't lose anything for losing in casuals. In fact, the game gives you a bit of XP, which you lose out on by dropping. So dropping in casuals is actually a bigger detriment than taking the loss.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Guess they can't handle the poison ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dropping in casuals is a mystery to me. There's literally no upside. You can't see the stats screen, so you don't even know your win/loss ratio. There's no rank involved, you can't lose anything for losing in casuals. In fact, the game gives you a bit of XP, which you don't get by dropping. Which makes getting that 1000FM level bonus process even slower. So dropping in casuals is actually a bigger detriment than taking the loss.

oh yeah still temped to AFK light kick my way to level 50 for that last costume, lol

Got matched up with a Ryu. He RQ

Got matched up with another Ryu. He RQ.

Got matched up with the second Ryu again. He RQ.

Got matched up with a Mika. He RQ.

Oh goodie.

Yeah, I just play casuals now. I couldn't care less about points, I just want a complete match, the ability to replay it (can't replay if they RQ) and FM.

Also it's fun seeing people's game change once they realize that even though it says I'm Silver, my actual skill level is significantly above that. I almost want to drop down to Bronze and really send people for a loop.

LakeEarth

It's lame, but I've exclusively been playing casuals for a few weeks now because I had a fabulous run that got me to nearly 4800LP, and I'm worried that if I go back to rank I'll fall hard and be back to ultra silver / gold threshold hell.

FluxWaveZ

It's lame, but I've exclusively been playing casuals for a few weeks now because I had a fabulous run that got me to nearly 4800LP, and I'm worried that if I go back to rank I'll fall hard and be back to ultra silver / gold threshold hell.

Why does that matter?

Man, it feels like battle lounges have a mind of their own. Sometimes I get great connections with people, then a literal slideshow the next. Random disconnects and occasional lag just happens all the time.

So freaking annoying.

LakeEarth

Why does that matter?

I got frustrated with the rank up / rank down cycle that I was stuck at for weeks. It was disheartening, I was happy to get away from it, and I'd hate to go back. Then again, I won't know if it was a lucky break or if I genuinely improved until I go back.

On another note, something I noticed. The game rarely gets "stuck" at the matchup screen anymore. I remember constantly staring at the Earth for 10, 20 seconds sometimes before the fighters would load, or sometimes the game hangs at the "white flash" before the match starts. Hasn't happened in a while. Maybe they fixed that.

I got frustrated with the rank up / rank down cycle that I was stuck at for weeks. It was disheartening, I was happy to get away from it, and I'd hate to go back. Then again, I won't know if it was a lucky break or if I genuinely improved until I go back.

On another note, something I noticed. The game rarely gets "stuck" at the matchup screen anymore. I remember constantly staring at the Earth for 10, 20 seconds sometimes before the fighters would load, or sometimes the game hangs at the "white flash" before the match starts. Hasn't happened in a while. Maybe they fixed that.
Still happens quite a lot for me.

qcf x2

Two weeks is more than enough time according to CPT rules.

Edit:

He was a hidden character on Street Fighter the Movie Arcade! I guess him and Cap. Sawada make the Movie canon, then :p

JCVD Guile next plz. They could probably pay him a couple grand at this point to get him to okay it.

Edzi

There's yet another thread on the front page about how SFV is doomed. Everything surrounding this game is just depressing.

There's yet another thread on the front page about how SFV is doomed. Everything surrounding this game is just depressing.

I've stopped caring about any SFV thread on the gaming side.
No matter what its originally about, its almost always turns out the same way. The same things said, the same posters show up, etc.
You might as well pick one SFV thread and just reread it every other week or so

Skilletor

『Inaba Resident』;205550865 said:
No matter what its originally about, its almost always turns out the same way. The same things said, the same posters show up, etc.

Pretty much.

Doomed? Nah.

But it certainly is a clusterfuck at this point.

Ibuki being shown off on CPT and yet we have to wait for the update, which should've been before this past Wednesday, really bugs me. If she's good enough to demo on various streams, why do we have to wait until late June again? Makes me saltier than I already am on a daily basis. XD

Neoxon

『Inaba Resident』;205550865 said:
I don't know, it's kinda like a magnet. I know better than to go in, but I can't help but peek in to see what's going on. And then it's a downward-spiral from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom