• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadWolf

Nah, no way it beats it. MP is plus on block, EX elbow has slow start-up. Sadness.

Just confirmed it, the EX elbow beats the second MP.

I set the dummy to record two MPs which combo. He armored right through the second one after blocking the first.

He can also parry the second MP if he is in V-trigger.

The EX elbow has armor on the 3rd frame till the 22nd so it'll get beat by a properly timed meaty but in most other situations, it'll still work.

MrCarter

Damn playing casuals is so much fun without thinking about ranked points. Plus the connections I've been getting are near flawless.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Just confirmed it, the EX elbow beats the second MP.

I set the dummy to record two MPs which combo. He armored right through the second one after blocking the first.

He can also parry the second MP if he is in V-trigger.

Awesome. Thanks for following up.

Scotia

Banned
Khyber

We proudly present a member of North America's branch of Shadaloo.
He's a heavyweight assault soldier! A dangerous type, as he burns everything with his flames.

khyber.jpg

Name: Khyber
Height: 191cm
Weight: 176kg
Blood Type: AB
Birthday: October 2
Home Country: USA
Favorite things: Flames, Gasoline
Dislikes: Fireproof things

A member of Shadaloo Troopers.
Uses a powerful flamethrower with both hands.
Has a concealed weapon allowing him to spew flames even from his mouth.
And he has a very short temper, being prone to burn down everything he doesn't like... A difficult person.

Zerojul

Khyber

We proudly present a member of North America's branch of Shadaloo.
He's a heavyweight assault soldier! A dangerous type, as he burns everything with his flames.

khyber.jpg

Name: Khyber
Height: 191cm
Weight: 176kg
Blood Type: AB
Birthday: October 2
Home Country: USA
Favorite things: Flames, Gasoline
Dislikes: Fireproof things

A member of Shadaloo Troopers.
Uses a powerful flamethrower with both hands.
Has a concealed weapon allowing him to spew flames even from his mouth.
And he has a very short temper, being prone to burn down everything he doesn't like... A difficult person.

I guess some of the special CPU fights, whenever they are patched in, will be against some of those Shadaloo soldiers among other things. It could be fun, depending on how it's implemented.

Found some setups of CC Sweeps for you Chun-Li folks:

CC Sweep, St.MP x2 St.LP, F.HK (Is +5 on hit if done correctly, and +7 on counterhit. Links to St.MP, EX Legs, and Super on regular hit. Links to B.HP and sweep on counterhit.)

CC Sweep, St,LP, dash, F.HK, St.MP (Crossover meaty that beats 3F jabs.)

Bizazedo

Got to winner finals of my pool. My opponent was Justin Wong. Got one hit away from winning, lost to wakeup, then lost second match convincingly.

Losers finals was still smarting and not thinking properly, lost to an Alex I had beat earlier.

Fuck me.

SephLuis

Found some setups of CC Sweeps for you Chun-Li folks:

CC Sweep, St.MP x2 St.LP, F.HK (Is +5 on hit if done correctly, and +7 on counterhit. Links to St.MP, EX Legs, and Super on regular hit. Links to B.HP and sweep on counterhit.)

CC Sweep, St,LP, dash, F.HK, St.MP (Crossover meaty that beats 3F jabs.)

Can you make a video to demonstrate ?

I'm not picturing the setup. You get a CC Sweep and use st.MP x 2 and st.LP while the opponent is down to get a meaty F.HK ?

Shadaloo really is a generic bad guy association.

Generic Bad Guy

Generic Bad Guy with sword

Generic Bad Guy with laser

Generic Bad Guy with flamethrower (ugh!)

What's next?

Generic Bad Guy with Heavy Armor

Generic Bad Guy with Sniper Rifle

What about the dolls?
Well true, but they're more like Bison's "elite unit" in a way. The actual soldiers are just kinda generic judging by these posts on Capcom's site.

Dolls are pretty cool though and kinda creepy.

EDIT: I recently saw that intro video (which they didn't put in the full game for some reason) and I gotta say, I got hyped for the story mode. Really hope it's something fun.

Xeteh

Shadaloo really is a generic bad guy association.

Generic Bad Guy

Generic Bad Guy with sword

Generic Bad Guy with laser

Generic Bad Guy with flamethrower (ugh!)

What's next?

Generic Bad Guy with Heavy Armor

Generic Bad Guy with Sniper Rifle

Generic Bad Guy with All of the Above

Well true, but they're more like Bison's "elite unit" in a way. The actual soldiers are just kinda generic judging by these posts on Capcom's site.

Dolls are pretty cool though and kinda creepy.

EDIT: I recently saw that intro video (which they didn't put in the full game for some reason) and I gotta say, I got hyped for the story mode. Really hope it's something fun.
The intro is there but I think it only plays the first time you ever boot up the game.

Skilletor

After a few weeks off, got my new home set up and spent a little over an hour playing sf5 ranked this morning. Gained a little over 800lp, matchmaking was quick and had zero rage quitted to finally make gold rank. My own personal goal. Feels good after not being able to Crack even 2k bp/pp in SF4.

Think that's high enough for me. Time to grind battle lounges and get ready for EVO. :)

I think one of the biggest strengths to have in this game is the ability to hit confirm your hits. It really helps you out so much in everything.

MrCarter

After a few weeks off, got my new home set up and spent a little over an hour playing sf5 ranked this morning. Gained a little over 800lp, matchmaking was quick and had zero rage quitted to finally make gold rank. My own personal goal. Feels good after not being able to Crack even 2k bp/pp in SF4.

Think that's high enough for me. Time to grind battle lounges and get ready for EVO. :)

You going to get ready with Ibuki when she's out?

Xeteh

He doesn't want to get completely bodied?

That is what happens at low ranks, you get bodied. If your pride is that sensitive that you don't want to get destroyed by the guy who has played these games far more than you then why are you even trying to learn?

SephLuis

He doesn't want to get completely bodied?

I am a super gold and, as a personal rule, I always give the opponent the chance for a second match. At least, when playing bronze/silver opponents, they are always eager for the rematch.

I want to believe they are learning something from the matches

Just ended WannaSeeMyKungFu 117 Win Streak. Apparently that player is a rage quitter after seeing the 90%+ win rate and a video of the player rage quitting.

Playing against Alex as Nash is frustrating. It doesn't help that his Flash Chop and Slash Elbow is safe when properly spaced and can press any button afterwards. Plus that fucking stupid Anti Air Jab. What's the point of using a Dragon Punch or a EX SBK if Jab/Short is a much safer to do and allow for mix ups?

Just ended WannaSeeMyKungFu 117 Win Streak. Apparently that player is a rage quitter after seeing the 90%+ win rate and a video of the player rage quitting.

Playing against Alex as Nash is frustrating. It doesn't help that his Flash Chop and Slash Elbow is safe when properly spaced and can press any button afterwards. Plus that fucking stupid Anti Air Jab. What's the point of using a Dragon Punch or a EX SBK if Jab/Short is a much safer to do and allow for mix ups?

DP will always win out while some jump ins can definitely beat every character's jab. e.g Bison's j.hp

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
That is what happens at low ranks, you get bodied. If your pride is that sensitive that you don't want to get destroyed by the guy who has played these games far more than you then why are you even trying to learn?

The counter-argument is that the low ranked player is, in fact, learning nothing from a complete and total dismantling. I don't necessarily buy this argument but I can see the experience disheartening new players to the point of giving up.

Steroyd

The counter-argument is that the low ranked player is, in fact, learning nothing from a complete and total dismantling. I don't necessarily buy this argument but I can see the experience disheartening new players to the point of giving up.

If the player doesn't understand why they're getting completely dismantled then they're only going to repeat those mistakes, I've played plenty a Ryu who likes jumping in and DP'ing all the time and I will squash them with the same punishes until they stop doing it.

Morris

Disco Devil
Probably the dumbest advice to give when in a corner and fighting grapplers.

Not any dumber than jumping against characters with an anti air jab that leads into a mixup. You play Nash, right? Your job as a Nash player is to stay out of that corner. Once in the corner, just blocking and holding your ground is often good enough since you have both v-reversal and v trigger to escape the corner, coupled with several good normals that allow you to keep your opponent away from cmd grab range. You only need to jump when you're forced into situations where you have to guess between blocking or jumping.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
If the player doesn't understand why they're getting completely dismantled then they're only going to repeat those mistakes, I've played plenty a Ryu who likes jumping in and DP'ing all the time and I will squash them with the same punishes until they stop doing it.

Like I said, I don't really buy the argument. I have gotten whipped by GAF heads plenty of times and always feel I've improved in some way as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom