• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ibuki's story costume shown off at SF Crash:

CkK7rj6UYAElNgP.jpg:large

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, that costume isn't much. So many of this game's costumes are disappointing... I can't imagine how they could do that with alts for a character like Balrog.

its amazing with all the costumes they made for 4 over its lifecycle how bloody badly they are doing with 5 in that regard, so many look horrible

FluxWaveZ

I thought what was shown on CPT was her Story costume.

And the only difference between Ibuki's and Karin's story costumes is that Ibuki has a purse.

Ibuki's story costume shown off at SF Crash:
Though I guess you realized that.

So yeah, that other one should be the Premium one that'll be available if/when the Zenny shop launches. Doubt we'll be seeing fourth costumes anytime soon.

Edit: Oooh, looking at the post below, now I get it. I misunderstood what you were saying; yeah, I guess we haven't seen her Premium costume yet. I just assumed that one was the one with the jeans everyone was speculating it was before.

raven777

Korean site did some interview with Ono after SFV Crash today

Ibuki will be playable at E3. Also they will announce various SFV stuff at E3, including story mode stuff I think.
link (Korean)

Also Ono said the DLC character release order is depending on how much the character is complete in terms of quality. Ibuki was the closest to completion so it was the next DLC character.

qcf x2

its amazing with all the costumes they made for 4 over its lifecycle how bloody badly they are doing with 5 in that regard, so many look horrible

SF4 had the worst costumes of all time. That's not saying the SFV alts are good, but let's not mistake quantity for quality. They're well on their way though.

Naaaaaaaaaah, Ken players have to work so much harder than every other character and they have less tools and Ken sucks.

Ken players are just cerebral.

lol, it does seem to be rare to see a good Ken player with a viable alt, at least in the US. They probably don't want to step down to an easy mode character, though. Gotta have the challenge of making those sick readz.

I'll also echo what others have said here, jab as dominant anti-air (including against cross ups) has to go. All of the characters that have them have other moves that AA (Alex has lariat and knee smash, Ryu has srk and cr hp and st hk and back hk, Gief has lariat, etc). In the case of characters with weaker command AA, either buff the moves or accept that the character has other buffs to compensate(like HP, armor). Like, I don't think Karin should have a killer AA, which she obviously doesn't. She's strong enough that it's okay for her to have weaknesses, that's the whole point... each character should have strengths and weaknesses, it's a balancing act and you choose the balance that works best for you as a player.

Instead we have these universal options that, oops, not universal, mostly universal, that are really abusable and mostly strengthen characters that already have tools that nobody else does. Some people think it's fine as is, but there are always some, I mean some people said vanilla Sagat was totally fine for years. I'm 99.9% sure revision 2 will reduce the effectiveness of the jab.

It's not like it's unknown in SF4 either, you see PR Balrog jab people out of the air all the time, and Daigo did it with E.Ryu.

People complain about SF5 being too offensive, so it's weird that a decent defensive tool for a lot of characters that don't have stuff like invincible reversals is frowned upon. Especially since it's mainly just stopping momentum than dealing large amounts of guaranteed damage.

Still the hitboxes on jabs didn't overlap the hurtbox in SF4 and usually Cr.MP and Cr.HP is a better AA normal. And for Evil Ryu it only worked at a certain angle with his far standing jab.

And 8f input lag and the added lag in online makes it a shitty experience.

Scotia

Banned
F7

We proudly present a member of North America's branch of Shadaloo.
He's a soldier of the highest grade.
It's also apparent from his moveset!

f7.jpg

Name: F7
Height: 198cm
Weight: 97kg
Blood Type: A
Birthday: January 23
Home Country: USA
Favorite things: Lord Bison, Discipline
Dislikes: People without a purpose

Leader of Shadaloo Troopers.
He magnificently beats enemies with his electromagnetic stun rod.
He's a broken character, having all the moves of the other troopers: teleport, concealed knives and flamethrowers!
Since he's stern and obsessed with hierarchy, is feared by all the others.

Pompadour

F7

f7.jpg

He's a broken character, having all the moves of the other troopers: teleport, concealed knives and flamethrowers!

It would be interesting if they did some sort of single player mode (Extra Battle) where all these Shadaloo goons were cobbled together using existing movesets.
Especially because this guy would mean Eagle would return ...

qcf x2

Why are people mad about anti air jab? who cares?

An odd series of questions to ask. You can find the answers to both in preceding posts/pages.

Why is Zangief in this game at all? He doesn't fit it in terms of story, visuals, or playstyle.

I asked this when they announced he would be in SFV. The answers I got (from this forum) were "he was in Wreck it Ralph" and "it wouldn't be Street Fighter without him."

Lmao xDD

Generic Bad Guy with All of the Above

F7

f7.jpg

Devil

Hey guys. Just a quick question. Since there are a lot of different pads, many with similar sounding names, this is the current go-to-model of the Hori pads, right? Right now only called the 'Hori Fighting Commander'.

519so1gm-zl._sl1000_82ul6.jpg

Can anyone recommend it? Or other models? I've been looking for a portable and lazy alternative to my stick. I only just began with SF5 to actually learn the game the right way, although I played SF4 somewhat regularly with a friend. Got my very first stick for the game, the Venom, which seems fairly good for a beginner like me.

Playing with the DS4 feels terrible to me, though. The dpad hurts just after a few minutes. And I also seem to be too stupid for many inputs with that pad. For example, I almost always accidentally do Ryu's CA when I'm trying to do a SRK from a ducked position, among other things. Would that likely improve with a different pad or is that on me?

I'm eager to spend money for new gaming equipment anyway, but I'd be thankful for any advice on pads.

edit:
Oh, and is there a good alternative with a touchpad? Would be really great to have one for practice mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom