• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelastword

Banned
I hate Gief sooo much.

Every game he's in.
Lol, so you've been the one ragequitting on my gief ;)

It's crazy though, Gief has such a hard time in this game, he has no reversal, anybody can rush him down and boy he has no chance with these 8frames of lag, especially online.

Yet, I get so many gold and ultra silver players quitting on me, after I gruel a win out......sigh ;( Capcom should definitely pay attention to gief though, he need some buffs, give him a better lariat at least and give him green hand reversal to deal with sim. A button Mashing Karin is a nightmare and so many buttons of Bison are safe, it's really unbelieveable, Sim on the other hand is just impossible. I'd rather play Nash's and Chun's all day than Sim and Karin.

There have been plenty of times where I go on a run and get 300-400 LP in a day, then the game matches me with someone who's a super or ultra bronze 4000+ points below me. I usually squeak out a win and then like an idiot do a rematch, and there the connection either goes to shit or I outplay myself panicking about the points and lose 200+ points. It's my own damn fault for following through, but it's only getting more common as I rise in points and there's even LESS people to play in ranked. The options most days are either nobody at all, or multiple people with payouts vastly in their favor if they win. Ranked's systems are really out of whack when not a lot of people are playing.

Lol, so you've been the one ragequitting on my gief ;)

It's crazy though, Gief has such a hard time in this game, he has no reversal, anybody can rush him down and boy he has no chance with these 8frames of lag, especially online.

Yet I get so many gold and ultra silver players quitting on me, after I gruel a win out, Capcom should definitely pay attention to gief. A button Mashing Karin is a nightmare and so many buttons of Bison are safe, it's unbelieveable, Sim is just impossible. I'd rather play Nash's and Chun's all day than Sim and Karin.

I ain't gonna front, Zangief definitely needs to be retooled, but I can't say I feel bad for him. That matchup is always stressful as hell in any game I deal with him in. Now he's the one dude where I'm pretty much always relaxed no matter how the match is going.

Capcom has to be careful though, since he's one of those characters who can go from 0-100 with just a few small changes. Gief with his current kit can absolutely be top with a few buffs. I just hope they don't go overboard with them due to his current struggles.

AtticuSMT

Banned
Hey all, long story short for about the past month and a half I haven't been able to play much and haven't followed any fgc stuff (family emergancys + moving)

My main question is since guiles release has their been any major shake ups to tier or thoughts on characters, or new tech that was big, I mainly played Chun and Vega and dabbled in Mika.

leroidys

The Final Fight people aren't really "guest" characters although someone from Rival Schools would count. Akira would be a great addition.

My ideal tertiary character of the Street Fighter universe would be Astro/Scorp from Slammasters.

Yeah, maybe guest characters is too generous for Final Fight, but I don't know of a more appropriate term for "characters who's first appearance was in a different series". Slam masters is a good call, I still need to play that one. I wonder how much it is these days? SNES games in general have gone through the roof.

histopher

Yeah, maybe guest characters is too generous for Final Fight, but I don't know of a more appropriate term for "characters who's first appearance was in a different series". Slam masters is a good call, I still need to play that one. I wonder how much it is these days? SNES games in general have gone through the roof.

Really hope they add someone from both Slam Masters (Black Widow) and Rival Schools (Akira). And just give us Haggar already!!!

myco666

God these RQers. When I get two perfects I just laugh at them but when you have really close match with someone and they RQ its the worst. Especially when they already won the first match of ft2.

what is up with matchmaking? Im like in silver rank facing ultra and gold player..

That doesn't sound right. You should ve matched with Rookies and Bronzes.

Palom

does the "resume menu bgm" work? I feel like I start over at the beginning of Rashid's music everytime I kick back out to the menu after a fight
It took me a while to figure it out, but the option is kind of misleading. It's more "resume with the same song when you come back," so you essentially keep hearing the same song over and over. Turn it off and it will choose a new song when you get back to the menu instead, and actually give you some variety.

Shadoken

Think we'll get any guest characters in SFV?

Alpha had Sodom and Guy
Alpha 2 had Rolento
Alpha 3 had Cody (and Maki in the PSP/GBA ports)
3 had Hugo
4 had Poison

It seems the obvious one for V will be Haggar, but I'd love to see someone (new) from Rival Schools.

You know they arent "Guest" characters anymore when they have been in every damn game LOL. Alpha and SFIV series had 5 of them. They are considered part of the same universe and are part of the main canon story. And even FF:Streetwise had Cammy in it.

Maybe Rival Schools character could be considered guest.

Shito

Wait, check that... let me reiterate my long established decree that down = LOL U GET UP FAST is the dumbest, dumbest mechanic ever. I can take my hand off the stick for a second on my way down (stick in neutral), oops looks like it registered a down since I tried to crouch block but apparently didn't do so in time, congratulations to me, I'm getting attacked since it doesn't register my panic block in time. That shit serves no purpose, if I want to quick rise I can press two punches. Not .... down.

/rant done...
You have like FOREVER to hold that crouch block when not quick rising, so... stop holding that down button so early?

leroidys

You know they arent "Guest" characters anymore when they have been in every damn game LOL. Alpha and SFIV series had 5 of them. They are considered part of the same universe and are part of the main canon story. And even FF:Streetwise had Cammy in it.

Maybe Rival Schools character could be considered guest.

So, in a TV show, if another TV character appears, it's called a "guest appearance". It doesn't imply that they arrived from a transdimensional vortex.

Guest character simply means "from another series". It can be in another universe/continuity or not.

Shadoken

So, in a TV show, if another TV character appears, it's called a "guest appearance". It doesn't imply that they arrived from a transdimensional vortex.

Guest character simply means "from another series". It can be in another universe/continuity or not.

I think in fighters it is mostly related to Non-Canon characters from a completely different universe. Something like Kratos or Alien in MK and Darth Vader in Soul Calibur.
Final Fight on the other hand was supposed to be a Street Fighter game anyway ( The sequel to the original SF1). And they ended up merging the universe anyway. So its weird to call them guest character.

Traditional numbered SF games have never had guest characters and I hope it stays that way. Unless they plan on making it the same universe like say Rival schools.

Like does Ingrid count as a Guest character? Even though she isnt originally an SF character?
Edit - Actually wait her original game was scrapped so I guess it doesn't matter.

Shadoken

I don't mind guest characters so long as they become permanent SF characters and they fit the universe.

Yea I dont want something like MKX scenario. Guy was originally added as an apology , because he was removed from the SNES Final Fight for saving space. Later in Alpha 2 , they changed his story and made FF universe part of it and all of them jumped in.

That is why his Alpha 2 stage had everyone added in.

guy_s_secret_stage__street_fighter_alpha_2__by_simpleguyfa-d7th4ie.png

So anyone of these could make it in Most of them are in that SFV character page section. So they shouldnt count as "Guest" character.

leroidys

I think in fighters it is mostly related to Non-Canon characters from a completely different universe. Something like Kratos or Alien in MK and Darth Vader in Soul Calibur.
Final Fight on the other hand was supposed to be a Street Fighter game anyway ( The sequel to the original SF1). And they ended up merging the universe anyway. So its weird to call them guest character.

Traditional numbered SF games have never had guest characters and I hope it stays that way. Unless they plan on making it the same universe like say Rival schools.

Like does Ingrid count as a Guest character? Even though she isnt originally an SF character?
Edit - Actually wait her original game was scrapped so I guess it doesn't matter.

OK, but you're contradicting yourself here.

-FF was originally a SF sequel (but this plan was scrapped) -> This matters. FF characters are thus not guest characters.

-Ingrid's game was scrapped -> This doesn't matter. She is not a guest character.

Anyway, it's clearly a gray area, and I seem to be in the minority here so I'll take that L. Pretend my original question was "Think we'll see any fighters from other Capcom series, like Haggar or Batsu?"

I was able to get a few ranked matches in this morning. I'm Super Bronze and I get matched against Silvers and Golds regularly, but I don't mind. I'm so comically bad at the game but it's still fun and I learn something from every ass-whooping.

Is yomi something that improves over time? I feel like I start to get a bead on someone in the last round of the last match and can do okay, but before that I'm just feeling them out and getting wrecked.

BadWolf

I like being matched against higher ranked players as well, I haven't touched ranked in forever so have been sitting on Silver for a while. Playing against Gold etc. in casuals feels about right.

It's 1v1MeBroIL with 7k LP. He makes hard ass reads and try to react a counter hit jab with CA.

But yeah it's color 15, I have everything at medium settings.

Neoxon

Here's Crimson Viper's concept art.

cv02.jpg
cv00.jpg
cv01.jpg

I'm gonna guess that Crimson Viper is gonna be in Wave 2, with those outfits being Default / Story / Premium (in the order shown). And since the first outfit was shown to have cloaking properties in Story Mode, it'd be cool if Crimson Viper cloaks into the player-chosen color before the match begins. Then again, it would get awkward for the other alts.

Neoxon

If there's only one Premium outfit for each character if/when a wave 2 happens...

Well.
We'll probably get another set of premium costumes for the pre-existing 22 characters (as of Wave 2). It's just that the newbies would likely have one alt at the time of their respective launches. I'd be shocked if we didn't get other costumes.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Switching to Alex was the right choice. I have to work harder, but he's just so much more fun to play.

Yeah, he really is. Good Ryu's destroy me but it's worth it. I settled on him and Guile as mains though I am exploring Nash now as well. Alex remains a constant though.

mbpm1

Here's Crimson Viper's concept art.

cv02.jpg
cv00.jpg
cv01.jpg

I'm gonna guess that Crimson Viper is gonna be in Wave 2, with those outfits being Default / Story / Premium (in the order shown). And since the first outfit was shown to have cloaking properties in Story Mode, it'd be cool if Crimson Viper cloaks into the player-chosen color before the match begins. Then again, it would get awkward for the other alts.
what's going on with those other two outfits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom