• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotia

Banned
Crimson Viper

A mysterious spy, also called "Miss Perfect", who wraps herself in a special combat suit!
It seems she's investigating Shadaloo!

cv02.jpg

Name: Crimson Viper
Height: 175cm
Weight: 56kg
Blood Type: AB
Birthday: July 18
Home Country: USA
Favorite things: Lauren, Money
Dislikes: Overtimes

A tough and smart agent.
She always acts professionally and business-like, and doesn't work for honor nor humanity.
The attacks she can unleash with the weapons crammed into her suit are indeed a threat.
She appears in various places, and her true identity is shrouded in mystery.
We've obtained some pictures of her!

cv00.jpg

cv01.jpg

The upper image shows how she looks when she spends time with her daughter Lauren.
The lower is her business suit, apparently when she doesn't infiltrate some place to investigate.
Given she has a cute daughter, Shadaloo certainly shouldn't be the place to investigate!
We are working hard, so don't infiltrate us!

Pompadour

Here's Crimson Viper's concept art.

cv02.jpg
cv00.jpg
cv01.jpg

I'm gonna guess that Crimson Viper is gonna be in Wave 2, with those outfits being Default / Story / Premium (in the order shown). And since the first outfit was shown to have cloaking properties in Story Mode, it'd be cool if Crimson Viper cloaks into the player-chosen color before the match begins. Then again, it would get awkward for the other alts.

What characters have multiple designs on that site? The only other I can think of is Guy.

qcf x2

You have like FOREVER to hold that crouch block when not quick rising, so... stop holding that down button so early?

The issue is the down registering before I put the stick in neutral, ie I tried to crouch block, it was too late, I got knocked down, I let go of the stick and I'm instantly up eating combos when I thought I would have a half second. Even in your scenario, I have to reset the stick to neutral every time I fall, and that's an unnatural thing for me.

Viper's still got that dumb hair. Sadness.

Edzi

The issue is the down registering before I put the stick in neutral, ie I tried to crouch block, it was too late, I got knocked down, I let go of the stick and I'm instantly up eating combos when I thought I would have a half second. Even in your scenario, I have to reset the stick to neutral every time I fall, and that's an unnatural thing for me.

Viper's still got that dumb hair. Sadness.

The way the game registers inputs screws me over in a slightly different but related way. I instinctively hit down back when I get knocked down, and sometimes when I want to wakeup DP the game registers me going from down back to forward as a quarter circle, so the DP turns into a super.

FluxWaveZ

How wake-up works is one of the only things I could point to that is messed up with the core gameplay. I absolutely hate that analog direction can be used for quick rises. It should only be button presses.

They could include an option to disable one of them? Seems like it would alleviate a lot of issues and still wouldn't realistically affect the gameplay?

Skilletor

How wake-up works is one of the only things I could point to that is messed up with the core gameplay. I absolutely hate that analog direction can be used for quick rises. It should only be button presses.

It should be one or the other, but not both. I agree, it seems like an oversight.

Mediking

Crimson Viper

A mysterious spy, also called "Miss Perfect", who wraps herself in a special combat suit!
It seems she's investigating Shadaloo!

cv02.jpg

Name: Crimson Viper
Height: 175cm
Weight: 56kg
Blood Type: AB
Birthday: July 18
Home Country: USA
Favorite things: Lauren, Money
Dislikes: Overtimes

A tough and smart agent.
She always acts professionally and business-like, and doesn't work for honor nor humanity.
The attacks she can unleash with the weapons crammed into her suit are indeed a threat.
She appears in various places, and her true identity is shrouded in mystery.
We've obtained some pictures of her!

cv00.jpg

cv01.jpg

The upper image shows how she looks when she spends time with her daughter Lauren.
The lower is her business suit, apparently when she doesn't infiltrate some place to investigate.
Given she has a cute daughter, Shadaloo certainly shouldn't be the place to investigate!
We are working hard, so don't infiltrate us!

!!!!!!!! C. Viper!!!!!!!!! Please join the roster!!!!!

Anybody up for Battle Lounge, waiting for a match is boring in casual. Looking for Bronze or Silver opponents (I'm bronze) and close to the west coast.

IGN: HappyPuppy

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The thought of how much easier my life would be had I just stuck to Necalli is definitely starting to occur to me on a more frequent basis lately.

HiResDes

NOthing like scraping for wins as a hardworking no nonsense Silver Cammy and finally learning the R. Mika match enough to beat an Ultra-Silver Mika and still getting ragequit. SMH I'm done with the game today. Ate 4 straight losses from an Ultra-Silver Bison, had a chance to get some of my points and then this shit.

It should be one or the other, but not both. I agree, it seems like an oversight.
Hmmm? Why not? It satisfies people that want both options. I use a button for quick rise and press back for roll.

I fail to see how you would ever accidentally quick rise unless you're mashing.

Skilletor

Hmmm? Why not? It satisfies people that want both options. I use a button for quick rise and press back for roll.

I fail to see how you would ever accidentally quick rise unless you're mashing.

I just think it's weird to have two ways to do the same thing.

I had to break myself of the habit of holding my stick in a defensive position because i would get quick rises all the time. I'd prefer to just be able to use button presses.

Skilletor

How does one even mash a single direction

It doesn't have to be mashing a single direction. I've developed habits from other games that I had to stop doing for SF. I piano buttons when I get knocked down which sometimes resulted in a quick rise, or I'd spin the stick in 360 motions, which sometimes results in a quick rise.

It's definitely not the game's fault, I just don't see why there is a duplication in method here.

Xeteh

It doesn't have to be mashing a single direction. I've developed habits from other games that I had to stop doing for SF. I piano buttons when I get knocked down which sometimes resulted in a quick rise, or I'd spin the stick in 360 motions, which sometimes results in a quick rise.

It's definitely not the game's fault, I just don't see why there is a duplication in method here.

I spam click in the L/R sticks constantly out of frustration so I can see doing that sort of thing all the time.

qcf x2

I know, I do the piano thing sometimes and as I mentioned I don't think holding db should result in you performing a less defensive maneuver. I'm just saying, the dude said it would only be an issue if mashing, but one doesn't have to mash to hold db and get a quick rise, it's a dumb thing to say.

FluxWaveZ

Ah, so then we mostly seem to be in agreement.

It's the analog movement for quick rise that really fucks me up; you don't need to mash to mistakenly get up when you don't mean to. I'm really not into having to actively let go of my stick if I want to slow rise.

Skilletor

I know, I do the piano thing sometimes and as I mentioned I don't think holding db should result in you performing a less defensive maneuver. I'm just saying, the dude said it would only be an issue if mashing, but one doesn't have to mash to hold db and get a quick rise, it's a dumb thing to say.

Gotcha, misunderstood.

So I think I'm learning a little about the human body. I got an hour of sleep last night and went to work early this morning. I get home and hop on SFV and while I feel fine, I drove home alert and am energetic while my response time seems normal but I think my sleep deprivation has effected my fine motor skills. I have a noticeable drop in my timing during combos.

If this is the case, kinda neat that it takes a high intensive game like SF to notice that my brain is being effected. Or maybe today is just an off day?

So I think I'm learning a little about the human body. I got an hour of sleep last night and went to work early this morning. I get home and hop on SFV and while I feel fine, I drove home alert and am energetic while my response time seems normal but I think my sleep deprivation has effected my fine motor skills. I have a noticeable drop in my timing during combos.

If this is the case, kinda neat that it takes a high intensive game like SF to notice that my brain is being effected. Or maybe today is just an off day?
Your reflexes are slower when you're tired (they say driving while exhausted is just as bad as driving drunk). I remember, back in the day, I tried to play WRC while talking on the phone. I felt like I was completely in control. And then I drove off a cliff.

Edzi

Your reflexes are slower when you're tired (they say driving while exhausted is just as bad as driving drunk). I remember, back in the day, I tried to play WRC while talking on the phone. I felt like I was completely in control. And then I drove off a cliff.

Are you a ghost?

They have to be right? But I feel fine. I was hitting all those anti airs and still making the Super Golds and Platinums sweat, if not outright beating them. Just my timing for combos was off. But you are right.

Are you a ghost?
He's Large Marge.

Not if you're Chris G. Though overall, I think he has potential that most have yet to look into.
I was just telling my cousin last weekend how suck Guile is, then I started running into brick walls. I stomped a platinum Guile ridiculous and then a few matches later got destroyed by a very solid ultra bronze Guile who just had my number.

Guile has never been a joke and in the right hands (not even the best hands), he still isn't.

histopher

Man new Viper is the sex (1st outfit). Looking forward to her in season 2. We all know she's coming.
Hopefully they don't wuss out and give her two breasts this time.
That redesign is great, I feel she fits into SF a lot more now.

MrCarter

Chris G's Guile was fucking epic and I'm glad he won WFN with him. I think the rumours that he was bad came from a pro (or two) and since people like to ride on the pro "bandwagon" at times to back up thier agenda, it doesn't surprise me.

kobu

Not if you're Chris G. Though overall, I think he has potential that most have yet to look into.

What has he won with guile? Every time I fight a nash player I feel like I'm fucking myself over by not playing the better version of this character. It's whatever I hate complaining so maybe the character just isn't for me.

The Guile v Nash matchup isn't that great for Guile admittedly, but you have to change up your gameplan. You can't just keep spamming sonic booms and expect it to work out in that matchup, same way I'm not gonna keep spamming poison balls as FANG against a dhalsim since he can just teleport behind me.

Let's just admit that some matchups are just bad for characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom