• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hitbox is higher than his head you say? Well for some people it IS their head lmao.

FyKFiFO.jpg
People should really stop using the hitbox images from that one guy's Deviantart, because there's a quite an amount of them that are flat-out inaccurate like the above.

Xeteh

ICYMI, Lord Haunts of Capcom giving some more info regarding the state of SF5:
https://www.reddit.com/user/hauntsxl

They said they wanted to communicate more, so here's a start.

I want to believe. Haunts has been in these threads asking about what people think since the launch but the last month he'd vanished and along with Capcom's silence its been a hard pill to swallow.

I legit hope they're more active in communicating in the coming months, it does a lot for the fans if they just talk about whats going on instead of radio silence.

Zissou

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";206027057]...that's the whole point of having different character styles?[/QUOTE]

Having to wonder if somebody is churning the butter is not an interesting character style to play against.

Where's Ryu, Chun, and Zangief

That's the initial barrier.

They also have to be not Top Tier. Also not absolutely Trash Tier i.e Zangief.

Gief I don't play cause I'm not a fan of grapplers, Ryu I don't play because he's too "bland" for my tastes and Chun-Li has never really fit my preferred style of play. Personally love characters that can zone and keep the enemy out and punish if they try to get in, love playing as a wall basically.

I really started to love FANG cause he can actually be a pretty good wall if you know the matchup and the fact that I can also be hyper aggressive with him is a big plus.

Shadoken

People should really stop using the hitbox images from that one guy's Deviantart, because there's a quite an amount of them that are flat-out inaccurate like the above.

Proof?

I thought this one is ripped from hitbox viewer. And it seems to be accurate since it is a legit AA.
http://watissf.dantarion.com/sf5/boxdox/#v1_3/B74-5LP-2

Y'know, I like the jab anti-air considering jump ins can take off half my health in one combo.

I think the complaint isn't about strong Anti Airs. The problem is how Fast,Safe and + on hit you are.

Even if you predict the opponent is going to throw and poke and jump. It also beats crossups. Its just so easy to keep One button on speed dial whenever you want to AA. Unlike other games or characters where you need to use a variety of AAs depending on the situation.

Shadoken

ICYMI, Lord Haunts of Capcom giving some more info regarding the state of SF5:
https://www.reddit.com/user/hauntsxl

They said they wanted to communicate more, so here's a start.

I want to believe we are getting some massive unexpected update and some surprise announcements at E3. But I really think all we are going to get is the cinematic story mode like planned.

Heck at this point , even getting that would be an accomplishment.

Spuck-uk

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";206001333]Anti airs in general are too weak in this game. AA jabs are not an issue. When Tokido is playing a character with one of the best AAs in the game in mp DP and he decides the best way to fight Ken is to deliberately not anti air you know something is wrong. Anti airs should always be stronger than aerial options. In fact, anti airs generally are arguably weaker in SFV than they have ever been in franchise history. They even took away the invincibility on Flash Kick.

On Flash Kick.

If your problem with this game is 30 damage anti airs maybe you should stop jumping.[/QUOTE]

Flash kicks still have invincibility, just not on the first frame(s)

Spuck-uk

Banned
They really need to give Vega a reliable anti-air that starts up in under 10 frames.

Because fuck playing against jump happy shotos online

I want to believe we are getting some massive unexpected update and some surprise announcements at E3. But I really think all we are going to get is the cinematic story mode like planned.

Believe!!!!

Seriously though. If they really want to communicate with the fans more, the thing they need to do first is at least announce the thing they're doing after Story Mode.

The fact that we're getting a story mode before an arcade/vs. cpu mode is still mind boggling to me.

Scotia

Banned
Excerpt from a translated Korean interview with Ono about SFV DLC:

Gameshot: "New character Ibuki has been announced, but what exactly is the standard that new characters have to meet before being released?"

Ono: "It depends on the quality of the development of the said characters, which in the most recent case, happened to be Ibuki."

Jeon notes here that his impression is that whichever character is ready first will be the next one that makes it into the game. If true, this would imply that the remaining characters could come out in any order. This makes the very next thing Ono states very interesting,

Ono: "Korean character Juri will be announced later so please watch out for that."

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/jun/07/there-chance-juri-will-be-next-street-fighter-5-character-released-ono-speaks-gameshot-about-dlc/

Could Juri be next or is Ono just pandering to the Korean fanbase (seeing as the interview was in Korean)? Sorry if this is old.

Excerpt from a translated Korean interview with Ono about SFV DLC:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/jun/07/there-chance-juri-will-be-next-street-fighter-5-character-released-ono-speaks-gameshot-about-dlc/

Could Juri be next or is Ono just pandering to the Korean fanbase (seeing as the interview was in Korean)? Sorry if this is old.

Honestly up until seeing her, Ibuki was the one character I wasn't as excited to get out of everyone in the lineup. So I'm excited no matter who we get next at this point.

I probably want Rog the most though only because I understand how Rog plays out of everyone.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
First I play a silver gief who was ridiculous then a platinum ken who literally couldn't finish a target combo. I know we say this a lot ad nauseum but these points really are worthless. I think maybe I'm making the game even more schizophrenic by leaving both ranked and casual search on at the same time.

They aren't going to devote time on stage at E3 for anything unless they are adding more content. Even a simple trailer for the story won't get screen time since everything is so packed in. But if we see a SFV logo pop up on screen, we'd better expect some shit to drop. Either the update comes that day, comes with more content at the end of the month, or they announce more shit coming in the next few months.

Regardless, Ono and Haunts are doing better already, but execution is still the primary factor. But, that being said, if you are gonna delay, tell me.

Honestly up until seeing her, Ibuki was the one character I wasn't as excited to get out of everyone in the lineup. So I'm excited no matter who we get next at this point.

I probably want Rog the most though only because I understand how Rog plays out of everyone.

I used to play Rog at the tail end of Ultra. So much fun, and I'm booty with charge characters.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Y'know, I like the jab anti-air considering jump ins can take off half my health in one combo.

I think what most people are complaining about is their ease of use (keeping them on "speed dial" as someone mentioned is a perfect way of putting it), the fact that this leads to easy opportunities for mix-ups, and that it makes other "normal" anti-airs largely pointless.

Aesthetically, they also *look* ridiculous and make no sense from a physical standpoint.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
As ridiculous and shallow as it may sound this right here is my main gripe about it :p

I think it's a totally legit complaint, to be honest. Even in a game as illogical as Street Fighter, with limb-stretching, fire-breathing, and spirit energy balls of doom, stopping an aerial attack right on top of you with a teeny jab makes no sense.

Csr

I think it's a fool's errand to speculate about SFV's DLC plans at this point.

Yeah obviously whoever is more polished and balanced has the highest priority and no one could know that besides the developers.
They could have given juri priority but then run into some balance issues or not be happy with how she plays or aesthetics etc

Dragon Punch now are just moves that get out of pressure.

I'm interested about how people think Jab AA was a thing in the other games. They never win 100% like they do in V.

Zerojul

I think it's a totally legit complaint, to be honest. Even in a game as illogical as Street Fighter, with limb-stretching, fire-breathing, and spirit energy balls of doom, stopping an aerial attack right on top of you with a teeny jab makes no sense.

It makes no sense, and it's totally anti-climatic as far as the "choregraphy" of the fight go, yeah.

Having to wonder if somebody is churning the butter is not an interesting character style to play against.
The answer is: they are always churning butter.

They really need to give Vega a reliable anti-air that starts up in under 10 frames.

Because fuck playing against jump happy shotos online
This is why I don't play Vega.

The game definitely needs a post-EVO patch of some kind to keep up momentum leading out from the event.
Let's discuss balance proposals!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Believe!!!!

Seriously though. If they really want to communicate with the fans more, the thing they need to do first is at least announce the thing they're doing after Story Mode.

The fact that we're getting a story mode before an arcade/vs. cpu mode is still mind boggling to me.

We'll be talking about whats coming after Story Mode around when the update hits. We still have a lot to talk about in terms of this June update which we'll be covering on the Capcom Unity blog.

Make Crush Counter neutral on Block.
Fix several hitboxes on Nash's move from whiffing and DP'd/CA mashing out.
Get rid of Light AA and fix Alex's Hurtbox.

We'll be talking about whats coming after Story Mode around when the update hits. We still have a lot to talk about in terms of this June update which we'll be covering on the Capcom Unity blog.

pls nerf survival mode
pls nerf survival mode
pls nerf survival mode
pls nerf survival mode
pls nerf survival mode

I just want that black laura costume but have lost my soul in trying

I hate that shit
agreed, it's so freaking difficult to deal with. Especially Alex's which leaves you in range for a Powah bomb when done close enough.

And my friend who's an Alex player keeps arguing that fang is a braindead character and that Alex is really weak. Dude should just stick to usfiv

Edit: same dude is now arguing that netherrealm sucks at making competent fighting games.

Laura only needs three things imo

-Fireball not disappearing when she's hit
-St.mp combos to cr.mp on normal hit
-remove Chun-li and Ryu from the game

I thought about the fireball buff but it'd be way too strong.

You could cancel her back + V-Skill into ex fireball and just kamakazi your way in for free damage regardless if you get hit or not lmao.

I'd really like for st.MK to combo into st.LK/st.LP regularly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom