• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Isn't Nash one of the easiest characters in the game to use?

Is he? I am lost learning how to implement his V Trigger and memorizing frame traps and such. For me he has been harder than say, Alex or Guile. I still miss Gen for degree of difficulty though.

GGs flux!!

Sorry that last set I was playing crappy, ran out of juice by then.
It's much more fun playing honest against you. I think that was our best set yet. Good stuff

FluxWaveZ

GGs, Omni. But man, I wasn't playing at my most optimal there; I guess it's because of a short break I took playing other stuff. You might have noticed, but there were a bunch of times I called Nadeshiko only to stand still, or when I would dash once and then pull an EX command grab. Neither of those were intentional, heh.

The thing that I need to work on against Ken the most is keeping in mind he can always change his trajectory in the air with his hurricane kick. It gets me too often.

GGs, Omni. But man, I wasn't playing at my most optimal there; I guess it's because of a short break I took playing other stuff. You might have noticed, but there were a bunch of times I called Nadeshiko only to stand still, or when I would dash once and then pull an EX command grab. Neither of those were intentional, heh.

The thing that I need to work on against Ken the most is keeping in mind he can always change his trajectory in the air with his hurricane kick. It gets me too often.
lol...yeah plus it's online man, your gonna have some drops. Lol I missed a bunch of supers. Still a great set...I think we can both hit diamond if we play ranked enough. But I ain't got time for that!! Playing good players is improving me a lot more than ranked matches. Next time this Ryu is on ill let you play him, he plays like Fulgore but with Ryu. Should be a nice room with us 3.

Oh yeah Ken is one of the few that won't lose all the time to AA even jabs lol. You are more mindful of it when I'm in V-trigger though, I never was able to get big damage, just one hits here and there.

Vex_

Banned
I think it's a totally legit complaint, to be honest. Even in a game as illogical as Street Fighter, with limb-stretching, fire-breathing, and spirit energy balls of doom, stopping an aerial attack right on top of you with a teeny jab makes no sense.

As ridiculous and shallow as it may sound this right here is my main gripe about it :p

Not only does it look ridiculous, it leads to a cross under - which can be dangerous.

Why dont they just port their normals priority system into the air? You should not be able to AA jab a j.Hp or j.Hk at any part of the jump arc. Period. You should be doing a more powerful normal or - and how bout this - actual AA move!

Celcius

°Temp. member
Ugh, my thumb is sore from completing survival extreme last night (spamming mp shoryuken for 40 minutes straight). Can't play today :(

More Cammy Buffs:
- QCF+P = She uses her Gun. OHKO

cammy.png

So, after using some cosmetic mods, it seems that Nadeshiko is apparently stored as a distinct character and not as an asset assigned specifically to Mika, at least when it comes to the character models anyway.

Like, installing the Harley Quinn + Poison Ivy mod for Mika changes Mika's default costume to Harley while keeping her other costumes unchanged, but it turns Nadeshiko into Poison Ivy regardless of which Mika costume you select.

Kind of lame that this means that Nadeshiko basically doesn't get alternate outfits with the way things are right now.
I was looking at Nadeshiko as I think that in the character select file she does have three entries (one for each Mika costume) but they all just reference 01. So by duplicating the 01 folders and hex editing all references into 02 it would be possible for models to make unique Nadeshiko costumes depending on the Mika outfit... I think.

Standing Fierce and Roundhouse that can crush counter are neutral on block.

So...you want to make those normals better? Because I'm pretty sure the vast majority of them are actually minus on block.

The only ones I can recall being very plus are bison's HK, and Alex/Mika fHP, all 3 being +3.
Mika absolutely needs that fHP imo, though the range on alex's is a bit disgusting.

So the other day I discovered that EX Moonsault can't be linked with MP from around one and a half Nash lengths away. Now I need to remember which character I was testing this on (I think it was Karin) because I can link it on Birdie from any distance.

Time to test every character to see who can and can't be linked. I assume it has to do with the size of the hit box.

I'm sure this info is already out there though.

So...you want to make those normals better? Because I'm pretty sure the vast majority of them are actually minus on block.

The only ones I can recall being very plus are bison's HK, and Alex/Mika fHP, all 3 being +3.
Mika absolutely needs that fHP imo, though the range on alex's is a bit disgusting.

Mika really doesn't when she has her medium punch and tick command throws.

So the other day I discovered that EX Moonsault can't be linked with MP from around one and a half Nash lengths away. Now I need to remember which character I was testing this on (I think it was Karin) because I can link it on Birdie from any distance.

Time to test every character to see who can and can't be linked. I assume it has to do with the size of the hit box.

I'm sure this info is already out there though.

it's something I brought up earlier. It's kinda frustrating .

i hate when some salty dude spams my box for lobby rematches. i think cool, let me finish my current set and i'll be right in that lobby. i join and.....yea, these idiots have no patience. every single time the lobby will be dead. good job, guys. you're the best.

FluxWaveZ

i hate when some salty dude spams my box for lobby rematches. i think cool, let me finish my current set and i'll be right in that lobby. i join and.....yea, these idiots have no patience. every single time the lobby will be dead. good job, guys. you're the best.

That only happened to me once. It was pretty weird; got spammed a bunch of lobby invites in a short period of time. Odd behavior.

it's something I brought up earlier. It's kinda frustrating .
Also you do slightly more damage if you do a combo that actually doesn't combo.

And finally (I discovered about a month ago), probably for the same reason as above, Rapid punch target combo into Sonic Scythe does the SAME EXACT amount of damage as just MP into Sonic Scythe.

This game boggles my mind.

Just watched this week's Capcom Pro Talk. The guys got matched up against Tool Assisted. Mike "Let me show you how to beat a bot!" Ross...LOL.

CPT is hilarious as always.

I'm ashamed to admit that I got very salty in front of the family today and probably scared a person or two.

I lost a close match to this guy who was using Ken and it put me over. I lost it.

Iu4qE0.gif

Everything he did was stupid, unsafe and he just kept pulling it off over and over again. While trying to explain why I was acting the way I was, because I knew I was acting ridiculous, it made me even angrier to recite what happened. Picked up the stick above my head a couple of times and gently put it back down.

I can't watch the replay.

Well at -2 it's always safe regardless of distance, and I don't believe it ever becomes plus from any distance.

I'm talking about her F.MP Irish Whip which has a big enough hitbox that can whiff punish a jab if her Standing MP was blocked at a distance. If she was close enough, she would have gotten counter hit by a jab.

Maybe they should reduce the hitbox on that move instead.

Everything he did was stupid, unsafe and he just kept pulling it off over and over again. While trying to explain why I was acting the way I was, because I knew I was acting ridiculous, it made me even angrier to recite what happened. Picked up the stick above my head a couple of times and gently put it back down.

Was he one of these guys: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J9QqHcTX5U

Great analysis from UltraChen as always.

Edzi

I'm ashamed to admit that I got very salty in front of the family today and probably scared a person or two.

I lost a close match to this guy who was using Ken and it put me over. I lost it.

Iu4qE0.gif

I can't watch the replay.

Uhh, you should probably take a break.

Edgeward

I'm talking about her F.MP Irish Whip which has a big enough hitbox that can whiff punish a jab if her Standing MP was blocked at a distance. If she was close enough, she would have gotten counter hit by a jab.

Maybe they should reduce the hitbox on that move instead.

Maybe don't throw a jab at that distance then. Her options are limited at that distance

FACE

Banned
Buffy Cammy
- Lower the hit boxes on Cannon Strike to make it harder to hit
- EX Cannon Strike has invincibility (Fuck you, Jab)
- +50 Life, +50 Stun
- Air Grab

If you're being serious about this then you should stop giving opinions about things.

Not sure, I've heard he was pretty easy to get decent with but I could be wrong.

To me, Nash is like Chun in that at a glance, the character looks simple to use and even seems to play easy enough, but it actually takes way more than you would think to be really good with.

Uhh, you should probably take a break.
It was like three games in. I never really get upset when I lose and try to see every loss as a learning experiance but I mean, I'm human. I was upset with myself. Maybe someday I'll reach your level of peace and enlightenment :p

Shadoken

He has easy combos and hit confirms. But his zoning game requires very good spacing.

He is hard to play at a high level because you realize his offense is actually really bad and you need to pick your spots very carefully. In online and stuff , you can get away with a lot of BS and nobody will punish you.

Is he? I am lost learning how to implement his V Trigger and memorizing frame traps and such. For me he has been harder than say, Alex or Guile. I still miss Gen for degree of difficulty though.

The best hitconfirms for his V tirgger are off his pokes and St.HK->Sonic boom->VT combos.

There are times where you just want to keep it to get out of the corner as well or use V-reversal. In most non-fireball matchups you dont have a reliable way to build it. Because he lacks invinicble reversal , its pretty good option to keep it for. It wasnt too important when the game first came out since people's offense wasnt too great. But now its just damn scary to let people start pressuring , because they go complete ham.

Third time im fighting the same guile. Oh sfv how i love thee.

Haha but the best feeling is when someone denies you a salty runback and doesnt do a 2/3. And then the game matches you with them anyway.

Quite the opposite. He has some very complex combos, very weak defensive tools, probably the worst V-reversal in the game, one of the slowest walk speeds in the game so your whole movement becomes dashing everywhere which is a skill in itself, anti-air is a joke, and he can be finicky as mentioned in an earlier post I made today.
He has easy combos and hit confirms. But his zoning game requires very good spacing.

He is hard to play at a high level because you realize his offense is actually really bad and you need to pick your spots very carefully. In online and stuff , you can get away with a lot of BS and nobody will punish you.
Easy hit confirms compared to who? His target combos are easy (and useless) but he's got some tight frame windows on everything else. You have to work for every hit with Nash outside of EX Moonsault and EX Sonic Scythe (which hit multiple times). There are no auto-combos or one button links and link command grabs with Nash like there are with some other characters.

I'm not saying you have to be a savant to wrap your head around playing with Nash but for you to say he's easy in any way? Compared to who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom