• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

Have you seen some of the suggestions on here and other forums about balance changes?

Lord no.

I'm not saying "take every suggestion." I'm saying "use the playerbase as a test bed for ideas you're not sure are balanced."

PC players will have this covered.

It'd be nice if I didn't have to mod the game, though!

also:
CkhKTquWsAAkHLp.jpg:large

Pompadour

It's freaking hilarious that after all this time, they still didn't get the Zenny Shop going. What a waste of time; it really was too ambitious for them, or maybe even greedy since they obviously didn't build their online in a way to support their vision.

The Zenny Shop was clearly the issue this entire time for why the updates took so long. Good riddance, frankly.

If they want to make that easy money off people who can't control their spending they should just sell FM on the PS Store. Use it to buy colors or whatever.

LakeEarth

The Zenny Shop was clearly the issue this entire time for why the updates took so long. Good riddance, frankly.

If they want to make that easy money off people who can't control their spending they should just sell FM on the PS Store. Use it to buy colors or whatever.

That's what I was wondering, why are they even bothering with a second currency?

That's what I was wondering, why are they even bothering with a second currency?

To be hip and cool.

They could have just labeled that shit on the PSN and Steam stores in-game and been done with it.

At least my season pass will get mileage because hell if I'm paying for all those costumes.

Edit: Sean, why does your hair look like poop? Literal shit. They have these NPC models and I don't expect them to look like the cast, but SHIT don't focus on them.

KingBroly

Banned
To be hip and cool.

They could have just labeled that shit on the PSN and Steam stores in-game and been done with it.

At least my season pass will get mileage because hell if I'm paying for all those costumes.

For the Zenny Shop to work, they'd have needed an actual online backend to store that kind of information, which they clearly didn't think about. It starts with the CFN ID which is just a name. It's locked to PSN or Steam, and nothing else. It's worthless. If they had an actual online backend, they could've made Zenny work, but they didn't.

Shito

Because they could give some zennies and give people the habit to use this currency. It also allows you to create packs where people always have some money left after buying something, enticing them to buy another pack to use it.
This is a classic in the F2P world, though some are straying away from this model to adopt the real currency one (it creates less "friction" when you wish to buy something: you don't have to make all sort of conversions in your head).
Both models have their pros and cons, really.

Pompadour

Considering that either way (buying DLC with cash or Zenny) involved paying a cut to Steam/Sony my guess is they wanted Zenny so people would be convinced to buy large amounts for the "bonus" Zenny. Now that you can buy DLC directly you won't be in a situation where you want to buy more DLC but can't because you don't have enough currency, forcing you to buy more currency than you actually need.

I hope they go full anime with the story. Cheesy ass lines, powerups outta nowhere, big beam attacks, "this isn't even my true form", the whole shebang.

LakeEarth

No excuses or ducking the question now as to why stage transitions aren't in versus

Maybe they weren't ready, and will be added in the patch? Many stages were clearly designed to have them. Like everything else in this game, they probably just ran out of time to implement them.

Pompadour

Maybe they weren't ready, and will be added in the patch? Many stages were clearly designed to have them. Like everything else in this game, they probably just ran out of time to implement them.

I hope so. That's one of the few superfluous features that I missed from the game. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing they'd add because they wouldn't charge for them ostensibly.

Scotia

Banned
All this new stuff is hype af.

Glad they've just scrapped the zenny store. Doing payments through PSN and Steam should have been done from the start.

Skilletor

you what company we're talking about b

they'll release a 30 second teaser a day before the mode releases exclusive to IGN

I thought I read somewhere that E3 would bring huge news for SF5, but I could be making that up and/or misinterpreted.

Whatever...this is good for me. I can finally buy Cammy's battle costume at a reasonable price.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Im glad they gave up on zenny currency so they can have straight costume packs and no leftover useless currency. Laura costume's will be mine.

Shito

So, yeah, just noticed Urien on that artwork: it was pretty obvious, but we probably won't get "naked Urien" then... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom