• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadoken

Easy hit confirms compared to who? His target combos are easy (and useless) but he's got some tight frame windows on everything else. You have to work for every hit with Nash outside of EX Moonsault and EX Sonic Scythe (which hit multiple times). There are no auto-combos or one button links and link command grabs with Nash like there are with some other characters.

I'm not saying you have to be a savant to wrap your head around playing with Nash but for you to say he's easy in any way? Compared to who?

You're right technically everyone in this game has easy combos. Its pretty easy to hit confirm off Jabs or Cr.MP. But that applies to almost anyone.

the hardest thing i find about him is when to go in on the opponent. Dash up throw works against scrubs a lot , but against high level players you REALLY need to pick your spot. One wrong dash in and you'll eat a poke->combo into throw/meaty mixup into stun and game. Thats why despite him being top tier , there arent too many players.

Is it just me or does it take extra long to log in lately?

Same here .... even the lobbies are taking longer to create

//ARCANUM

So I'm not the best at this game. But I'm trying. Been trying for months. I can win 30% of the time online. So I have *some* skill. But for the life of me, I cannot complete a single challenge trial for any character. Not one. I watch the demonstration, I turn key display on, I confirm I'm hitting everything correctly. I must be off on every single thing by like a frame or 2. But I just can't move any faster. I don't get it. I can't pull off ANY combo according to this game. What can I do?

Edit - can people also like.... SEE 60fps in this game? Like are you able to be like "I'm on frame 10!"? My brain can't do that I'm trying so hard. This game just keeps giving me the finger. :/

I cannot complete a single challenge trial for any character. Not one. I watch the demonstration, I turn key display on, I confirm I'm hitting everything correctly. I must be off on every single thing by like a frame or 2. But I just can't move any faster. I don't get it. I can't pull off ANY combo according to this game. What can I do?

Not a single challenge and not a single combo? Turn on key display, record and post it here. We'll tell you what you're missing.

The game is quite linear on combo as compared to SF4.

Or try the standard Ryu combo...cr.mk into fireball and post the video here.

leroidys

So I'm not the best at this game. But I'm trying. Been trying for months. I can win 30% of the time online. So I have *some* skill. But for the life of me, I cannot complete a single challenge trial for any character. Not one. I watch the demonstration, I turn key display on, I confirm I'm hitting everything correctly. I must be off on every single thing by like a frame or 2. But I just can't move any faster. I don't get it. I can't pull off ANY combo according to this game. What can I do?

Huh, I have like a 5% win rate but can do at least the first 7 trials for pretty much everyone.

How much input lag are you dealing with on your TV?

//ARCANUM

Not a single challenge and not a single combo? Turn on key display, record and post it here. We'll tell you what you're missing.

The game is quite linear on combo as compared to SF4.

Or try the standard Ryu combo...cr.mk into fireball and post the video here.

I can do like the first 2 but never hit the 3rd. No matter what. I'll try for 20 mins straight and no difference. Check key display, everything correct. Only thing can be timing.

What's the best way to upload video from PS4?

You're right technically everyone in this game has easy combos. Its pretty easy to hit confirm off Jabs or Cr.MP. But that applies to almost anyone.

the hardest thing i find about him is when to go in on the opponent. Dash up throw works against scrubs a lot , but against high level players you REALLY need to pick your spot. One wrong dash in and you'll eat a poke->combo into throw/meaty mixup into stun and game. Thats why despite him being top tier , there arent too many players.

I don't know how they decide who is what tier but my personal feelings is that Nash isn't top tier. How can you have so many weaknesses and still be considered top tier? He lacks walk speed, defense, anti-air, working with 950 health and stun, has a 4 frame jab and as you mentioned, a weak offense as well. I feel like if Infiltration never picked up Nash, he would be seen and tiered a little differently. Not saying Nash is garbage though because he's very much far from it.

Just my unprofessional opinion though. Tiers are probably determined very scientifically. I don't know.

//ARCANUM

Okay here is my attempt at the first trial of Laura's. I can't literally keep doing this for 20 mins with no success.

Also, I don't think the input lag on my TV is an issue. It's a Toshiba 50L1400U with 33ms which Displaylag says is "great".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVssWse1t2g

edit - the first handful of times i don't get it right, but it looks correct to me on those last 2.

Okay here is my attempt at the first trial of Laura's. I can't literally keep doing this for 20 mins with no success.

Also, I don't think the input lag on my TV is an issue. It's a Toshiba 50L1400U with 33ms which Displaylag says is "great".

edit - the first handful of times i don't get it right, but it looks correct to me on those last 2.
You're waiting until the medium punch has finished fully before doing the fireball, which is not what you want to do.

When you chain normals together, you wait until one normal has ended and recovered and then do the second move. But there's something called cancelling.

Cancelling is when you do a normal and then do a special move right after so the move doesn't do the full animation of recovering allowing you to combo things that normally wouldn't.

Try doing the fireball as soon as the medium punch hits rather than waiting for it to complete fully.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

You just have to do it faster and harder. Make sure you use the light version too. The later trials will make you do it ven faster and harder.

//ARCANUM

You're waiting until the medium punch has finished fully before doing the fireball, which is not what you want to do.

When you chain normals together, you wait until one normal has ended and recovered and then do the second move. But there's something called cancelling.

Cancelling is when you do a normal and then do a special move right after so the move doesn't do the full animation of recovering allowing you to combo things that normally wouldn't.

Try doing the fireball as soon as the medium punch hits rather than waiting for it to complete fully.

You just have to do it faster and harder. Make sure you use the light version too. The later trials will make you do it ven faster and harder.

I'm definitely not actively waiting to do the final move. I'm attempting it as fast as my hands can possibly go... I'm not sure how to go faster....

edit - i read online about how easy they made the timing and how it was forgiving.... this seems like it's down to the exact frame.... i can pull off moves and combos in mortal kombat, killer instinct, P4A, GG, etc, all no problem. but not SFV....

Kikirin

I'm definitely not actively waiting to do the final move. I'm attempting it as fast as my hands can possibly go... I'm not sure how to go faster....

edit - i read online about how easy they made the timing and how it was forgiving.... this seems like it's down to the exact frame.... i can pull off moves and combos in mortal kombat, killer instinct, P4A, GG, etc, all no problem. but not SFV....

Try beginning the fireball motion right after you press the medium punch and finishing it + a punch button when the punch connects.

edit: as you get better at it, you can start the motion closer to the moment when the punch would connect. I've found that the cancel windows for Street Fighter games tend to be much less generous than those of the anime fighters.

Try beginning the fireball motion right after you press the medium punch and finishing it + a punch button when the punch connects.
What Kikirin said. You're just not timing it right, you need to start doing the fireball motion as soon as you press the mp. Same guess for practically every normal cancel into special move.

You are definitely waiting for the move to come out, you just dont realize it. But it's the same for everyone at first, your hands unconsciously wait for your eyes to see things on screen before performing motions, and thus delay those motions.

Try something: practice only the MP xx bolt cancel, and without looking at the screen, look at your hands or even close your eyes. You'll realize you can perform the bolt motion far sooner than you think.
Eventually you'll get it, something will click.

Edgeward

Edit - can people also like.... SEE 60fps in this game? Like are you able to be like "I'm on frame 10!"? My brain can't do that I'm trying so hard. This game just keeps giving me the finger. :/

People can tell when a game is 60fps vs 30 fps. But people can't see individual frames like that. People just study the frame data and know how many frames an attack is on hit/block and learn/practice to punish or not punish accordingly.

Sweet. Thanks for the tips y'all :). I'm heading to bed now but I'm gonna try this out tmrw. Thank you :)

If you're using visual cue, then look at the hit flash. When your MP hits, there's a hit flash. your bolt move input needs to be completed at the point of the MP hit flash. If you start inputting your bolt move AFTER you see the hit flash, you're already too late.

U-league event going on. Lots of big names in attendance...Daigo, Infil, Xian, etc:
http://www.douyu.com/utt

Best kept secret of the past couple days.

Sadly not on twitch, so...yeah.

Nah, that's nothing. Her CA can be interrupted with some normal buttons, now that's dumb. Unless they changed that.

Her full screen, nearly instant, sometimes unpunishable CA dang well BETTER be hittable. How stupid would Cammy's CA be if it were fully invincible? Think about that.

Shadoken

I just played a set agains Kelvin Jeon. It's just super hard against Mika , I can only zone Mika so much chipping away health here and there. But even if I do something even remotely predictable I get punished and then the blender starts.

The thing is my zoning in general is slow so he has more time to see what am doing and read me. But it's not the same for Mika since the round is over so quick I have no idea what just happened.

Nash and Ken are so flowchart safe it hurts. Also fuck Ken's crouching mp.

Please show me a Nash flow chart it would srsly help me. I don't know what flowchart anyone could follow to win. Sonic booms are negative on block so idk what specials you are referring to follow a flowchart. Even MK Sonic scythe can be neutral jumped if predictable.

If you look at infiltration play he varies his offense and defense so much and everything is masked in his movement. Literally every second of his match he's doing something completely different. It is hella hard to play like that , every body falls into pattern at some point but he doesn't ghats why he's so dominant and hardly anyone else is.

You need to vary your options so much. if anything you do is predictable you get punished pretty bad . And he's not very good when someone's pressuring you. People just don't respect you at all when you have no dp.

I don't know how they decide who is what tier but my personal feelings is that Nash isn't top tier. How can you have so many weaknesses and still be considered top tier? He lacks walk speed, defense, anti-air, working with 950 health and stun, has a 4 frame jab and as you mentioned, a weak offense as well. I feel like if Infiltration never picked up Nash, he would be seen and tiered a little differently. Not saying Nash is garbage though because he's very much far from it.

Just my unprofessional opinion though. Tiers are probably determined very scientifically. I don't know.

I feel like if you want him to work at a decent level of play. You need to have really good reactions and remain very unpredictable.

That's why it's so hard to learn from ppl like infil who use him to his potential. You just need to be very un predictable and frustrate your opponent.

He becomes very strong when you have succeeded in doing that. The more frustrated your opponent is the easier the match becomes.

His offense begins to shine when the opponent is frustrated and just wants to mash to start playing his game. Otherwise it's hard to open up a calm and collected opponent.

Steroyd

Her full screen, nearly instant, sometimes unpunishable CA dang well BETTER be hittable. How stupid would Cammy's CA be if it were fully invincible? Think about that.

Shit needs some level of priority, I got stuffed out of my CA when using it as an anti air against Zangief's J.HP... that shit should be illegal.

hamchan

No crowd at all in that Chinese SFV thing. Though Infiltration gets to lie down in the front row of seats so that's nice.

Also the matches are pretty good.

airjoca

Capcom Fighters ‏@CapcomFighters 16m16 minutes ago
We’re pleased to announce that Lockdown in Portugal has been added to this year’s CPT as a Ranking event, Sep 10-11.

I didnt even know there was a scene here in Portugal :eek:

There are monthly events @ Lisbon and Porto

Quesa

Capcom Blog: Story Update

Highlights:

The SFV Story Expansion is a 3~4 hour experience titled “A Shadow Falls” and will be released at the end of this month as free DLC to all SFV players. The 5 chapter story takes place between Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter III and bridges the events that happen in between the two stories.

all six DLC characters are fully playable in the story mode. That’s right, in addition to Alex, Guile, and Ibuki, that means that Balrog, Urien, and Juri are also playable! The official release of these characters will not be until later in the year, which means everyone will get to play them in advance through this mode. For the DLC characters that haven’t been released at the time the story comes out, those characters shouldn’t be considered final or tournament ready, as they still need to be properly polished and balanced. So, think of this as a free preview of the characters and enjoy playing with them before they get officially released in the other competitive game modes.

We have an important announcement regarding the in-game currency system. We will no longer be introducing Zenny to Street Fighter V as a real money currency option. After extensive testing and development, we came to the conclusion that it was not necessary in order to carry out our original vision for the product. Instead, we will be utilizing the PlayStation Store and Steam stores to carry out real money transactions.

Characters: $6
Stages: $4
Story costumes/alternate stages: $2
Premium costumes: $4

The premium Battle Costumes for every character released so far will go on sale this month, and will be available for purchase with real currency only. Now everyone will have access to this hunk of a man:
ko3WfKv.jpg

Skilletor

Wow, fucking great update.

Being able to buy fight money with real cash is awesome.

Also, this means PC players will have the full roster for local VS. at the end of the month.

Moaradin

Glad they confirmed that they'll sell the alternative stages like the daytime kanzuki stage. Cheaper price too.

Nice to finally have the real money store. Dunno why they didn't just do this to begin with though. No need at all for Zenny when you have PSN and Steam.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm guessing they cancelled the Zenny Shop because they realized it'd need an actual online infrastructure to do so, with a unified backend and login, which they didn't build.

Quesa

If the characters are playable but "not final" in terms of balance, they should let us tinker with them in training mode. Let us help you balance your game, Capcom!

FluxWaveZ

It's freaking hilarious that after all this time, they still didn't get the Zenny Shop going. What a waste of time; it really was too ambitious for them, or maybe even greedy since they obviously didn't build their online in a way to support their vision.

Glad they confirmed that they'll sell the alternative stages like the daytime kanzuki stage. Cheaper price too.

Nice to finally have the real money store. Dunno why they didn't just do this to begin with though. No need at all for Zenny when you have PSN and Steam.

They probably wanted to have this cool in-game store but with network difficulties and such, it's just not worth it.

I read the Polygon article, and while he's right in that having one rounders is stupid, I was pretty miffed about when he said he didn't "get" the prologue story stuff. Like, dude, it's not difficult. They state their intentions, they fight, and most of them are connected. Only Nec's is slightly confusing, so I dunno where he was stumbling on.

Otherwise, it'll be free money. And playing the DLC characters before they launch? Sweet loving jesus. This is a good update provided it comes out this month.

If the characters are playable but "not final" in terms of balance, they should let us tinker with them in training mode. Let us help you balance your game, Capcom!

Have you seen some of the suggestions on here and other forums about balance changes?

Lord no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom