• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

Anyone wanna play or get a small lobby going? I finished my second playthrough of DS3 today and I think it's about time I start getting back into SFV. I suck so hard now -_-

CFN is EdziPS, west coast.

Tekken Crash is going on:
https://www.twitch.tv/crash_kr
https://www.twitch.tv/crash_en

Korean is probably more hype.

The community keeps embarrassing Capcom with these edits.

I think the community needs to stop micro-managing every creative decision Capcom makes and packing themselves on the back.

It's easy to take something that was already made by someone else, tweak it to your own personal taste, and then say "OMG, why didn't Capcom do it like this?" It's getting silly.

Original Guile on the left looks fine.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

I think the community needs to stop micro-managing every creative decision Capcom makes and packing themselves on the back.

It's easy to take something that was already made by someone else, tweak it to your own personal taste, and then say "OMG, why didn't Capcom do it like this?" It's getting silly.

People didn't do this for the models that looked good, only the ones that have come out looking like neanderthals.

"fan made" guile is just a photoshop image too. it didn't have to be modeled out or rigged to the character animations.

I feel like they also picked the worst possible frame for vanilla guile's face in his victory pose.

Even in character select he doesn't look like that

kLITktG.png

Ngjcxoi.png

5fNDQlW.png

This would be a much better victory freeze frame.

nPKntpf.png

Edzi

"fan made" guile is just a photoshop image too. it didn't have to be modeled out or rigged to the character animations.

I feel like they also picked the worst possible frame for vanilla guile's face in his victory pose.

Even in character select he doesn't look like that

kLITktG.png

Ngjcxoi.png

5fNDQlW.png

This would be a much better victory freeze frame.

nPKntpf.png

It's similar to Ken's situation, where his actual model doesn't actually look that bad, but they picked the worst possible angle for him in the char select screen.

Thinking about the input lag issue -

Vsync usually introduces a bit of lag because the game is basically holding one frame or part of a frame in reserve incase there is a shortage of system resources. So instead of tearing the screen the game dips into the frame it has in reserve.

In SF5's case it seems like it's pretty consistently about a half frame of lag, so the game engine is processing but delaying to draw that frame by half frame as the rest of the game's processes are completed.

It should be possible by optimizing the engine and possibly even reducing some background detail to get the game running 60fps locked without vsync being engaged.

Surely the optimization gains can't be as difficult as the ones that Iron Galaxy accomplished when they bumped KI from 900p to 1080p..

Skilletor

Super gold player Oneeyedwillie just rage quit on me. Beat me the first game, then accepted a rematch and quit when I won the second game.

Fuck this shit, Capcom.

Edzi

So I started playing a bit on the PC version today and I'm noticing how different it looks compared to my PS4 version. I'm using the same monitor for both, but the PS4 version looks way more washed out while the PC version looks insanely bright and vibrant. Is this something going wrong on my end, or do the two versions really look this different? The only difference I can think of is that my PS4 is hooked up by an HDMI cable while my PC is hooked up to my monitor using a DVI cable.

Super gold player Oneeyedwillie just rage quit on me. Beat me the first game, then accepted a rematch and quit when I won the second game.

Fuck this shit, Capcom.

The worst part is that their upcoming system to "fix" this likely won't catch people like that, since it apparently still relies on them having high disconnect rates.

LegendX48

So I started playing a bit on the PC version today and I'm noticing how different it looks compared to my PS4 version. I'm using the same monitor for both, but the PS4 version looks way more washed out while the PC version looks insanely bright and vibrant. Is this something going wrong on my end, or do the two versions really look this different? The only difference I can think of is that my PS4 is hooked up by an HDMI cable while my PC is hooked up to my monitor using a DVI cable
Is your PS4 rgb setting set to full or limited? For a monitor it should be full.

Edzi

Is your PS4 rgb setting set to full or limited? For a monitor it should be full.

Huh, I had no idea. It was set to Automatic, but changing it to Full seems to do the trick. Thanks!

EDIT: Holy crap, why didn't I know about this. Everything looks so much better. I guess I never thought about it since I've only been using a monitor with my PS4 since SFV came out.

Kysuke

I have no idea how tournament players can bounce around multiple fighting games in a day. I haven't played 3rd Strike since SFV came out and I still occasionally tap forward to parry like an idiot.

I did this for 4 sooooo much. And then I tried to focus a lot in 5

Ive been playing fang quite a bit and I seem to notice this bad habit of me. Lemme say it this way. With fang I'm always charging and when I see my opponent jump I'm ready to anti air him...but what sometimes happen is I'll get a special move right after the anti air which just whiffs completely and puts me in a bad position, it's because I press forward to fast after. Or another one is. Fangs bnb combo. S.hk,c.Mp. into lp.sotoja where I'll sometimes get Mp.sotoja. I know where it goes wrong but I can't seem to break out of this bad habit and it makes me hate fang lol.

Ive been playing fang quite a bit and I seem to notice this bad habit of me. Lemme say it this way. With fang I'm always charging and when I see my opponent jump I'm ready to anti air him...but what sometimes happen is I'll get a special move right after the anti air which just whiffs completely and puts me in a bad position, it's because I press forward to fast after.
As a FANG player, that's something that I've found can happen in the spur of the moment. My recommendation is that if you're using cr.hp then just move your stick to the neutral down position. And if you're using another anti-air like st.lp or st.mk, then just let go of the stick/d-pad altogether while you're doing that.

Or another one is. Fangs bnb combo. S.hk,c.Mp. into lp.sotoja where I'll sometimes get Mp.sotoja. I know where it goes wrong but I can't seem to break out of this bad habit and it makes me hate fang lol.
Yeah, that just requires practice. Can be a little tough to do it consistently but it's still doable.

Astrael

I assume I can't see the room because it's currently full?

I had to search for first to 1 along with password set and it showed up then. There's only 3/8 right now.

Edit: Hope it's ok for me to be here I am pretty bad but trying to learn how to think/act higher level. :)

GGs everyone!!! Flux u came to the party too late!! Lol I tried to do a few matches with u a least we'll do some 1v1 later bro.

Nice matches gonna go out for lunch in a bit. Good times guys. Let's do it again soon. I might be back on late tonight.

Astrael

GGs Omni, killu and Flux. I know I'm not very good but to make it worse I kept dropping combos left and right, and my stupid CAs kept popping out when I was just trying to just frame tenko. Bad case of nerves lol

FluxWaveZ

GGs Omni, killu and Flux. I know I'm not very good but to make it worse I kept dropping combos left and right, and my stupid CAs kept popping out when I was just trying to just frame tenko. Bad case of nerves lol

Yeah, it was apparent you were nervous because I kept seeing you back away from your opponent right after you were putting pressure. Gotta continue that offense as Karin!

It'll come man...beating nerves is half the battle.you have solid fundamentals though, Karin seems like she suits your play style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom