• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raitaro

Just caught up with the SFV news. Hype restored! :D

Especially that those three characters are going to be playable in story, should be super easy to swap them for freeplay. exciting!

I'm right here with you! I actually have some butterflies in my stomach because of this and the upcoming E3 in general. Can't wait to see more of this!

The crappy Bengus art story vignettes were a guilty pleasure of mine. I like the plot stuff and I'm eating this cinematic story mode shit up lol.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I always liked most of his drawings despite everyone's hate for them and their somewhat sloppy execution, especially the coloring used and the overall positive energy they exude. I also really like that new big DLC character collage posted a few posts ago.

No excuses or ducking the question now as to why stage transitions aren't in versus

Maybe they weren't ready, and will be added in the patch? Many stages were clearly designed to have them. Like everything else in this game, they probably just ran out of time to implement them.

I hope so. That's one of the few superfluous features that I missed from the game. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing they'd add because they wouldn't charge for them ostensibly.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";206216741]stage transitions pls[/QUOTE]

Great to see others do my stage detective work for me this time ;-)

I really, REALLY hope they'll add stage transitions to the other stages (and some interactables / moving stuff on Guile's stage) - that would make the game feel far more unique and polished to me. Going by the New York pic they very well might!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8bTSheM3Ys
0_0

Thanks Daigo for some great advice against nash, I wouldn't have though unsave Tatsus could be used that way.
Seriously I would eat popcorn watching this guys play the hole day lol

Daigo stole that tech from Tokido who used it against him at the kumite. Also, it got punished about as often as it hit and infil got more damage from cHP, sMK, HK scythe than Daigo did off a HK tatsu so it's hard to say who came up on top when it came to that tatsu tech. It's good for training your opponent by dissuading throw techs but it doesn't seem like the punish was enough to convince infil to stop because he got hit by it several times and didn't really care.

That said, I think the best use for it is to close a match with lk tatsu, super when you have a read on your opponent's wake up patterns, or when you corner yourself off a jLK crossup because your opponent is likely going to crouch block if they don't throw tech and you'll wind up mid screen again. Regardless, Infil was still able to punish in the later scenario so it might not be a reliable mixup against an informed opponent. Daigo has a habit of repeating options in a set which also decreases the value of a surprise mixup like that.

If I had to pick one weakness of each of the two players I'd say Daigo has a tendency to get attached to an option and overextend, and Infiltration is so used to his practiced timing in his attack patterns that he whiffs moves at dangerous ranges frequently. Otherwise they're both so clean it's ridiculous.

Ken_Master

Neo Member
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";206240613]Daigo stole that tech from Tokido who used it against him at the kumite. Also, it got punished about as often as it hit and infil got more damage from cHP, sMK, HK scythe than Daigo did off a HK tatsu so it's hard to say who came up on top when it came to that tatsu tech. It's good for training your opponent by dissuading throw techs but it doesn't seem like the punish was enough to convince infil to stop because he got hit by it several times and didn't really care.

That said, I think the best use for it is to close a match with lk tatsu, super when you have a read on your opponent's wake up patterns, or when you corner yourself off a jLK crossup because your opponent is likely going to crouch block if they don't throw tech and you'll wind up mid screen again. Regardless, Infil was still able to punish in the later scenario so it might not be a reliable mixup against an informed opponent. Daigo has a habit of repeating options in a set which also decreases the value of a surprise mixup like that.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know, Ok. I also like the way he handled Nash's V-Trigger and V-reversal

BadWolf

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";206240613]Daigo stole that tech from Tokido who used it against him at the kumite.[/QUOTE]

Daigo showcased that tatsu tech during one of the initial BeastTV streams way back.

cackhyena

So I was unaware there were newish drivers for sticks on PC from madcatz. I've downloaded and installed the one for my TE2 and it still does nothing. Am I missing something or is this particular stick just fucked?

Skilletor

So I was unaware there were newish drivers for sticks on PC from madcatz. I've downloaded and installed the one for my TE2 and it still does nothing. Am I missing something or is this particular stick just fucked?

Did you download the right driver? I have an old TE2 and a TE-S+ and both work with SF5.

Did you make sure to switch the driver to x-input? A madcatz stick should show up in your tray on the lower left screen where the clock is (don't know if this is called something particular) where you have the option to change from D to X input.

cackhyena

Did you download the right driver? I have an old TE2 and a TE-S+ and both work with SF5.

Did you make sure to switch the driver to x-input? A madcatz stick should show up in your tray on the lower left screen where the clock is (don't know if this is called something particular) where you have the option to change from D to X input.

And there's the something I was missing. Thank you!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Anyone up for games? Invite me if so: Sixfortyfive

Just going to be screwing around in ranked/casual otherwise.

Daigo showcased that tatsu tech during one of the initial BeastTV streams way back.

That's what I remember as well. And that was about 2 months ago, not too long after SFV came out if anybody wants to keep score. I remember him trying it a lot but it wasn't working most of the time so I just didn't care to try it myself. I guess it's time to copy that as well.

Coda

I feel like Balrog is gonna be a crazy rushdown style character in V. At least I hope he is cause I'd consider playing him if he was not the Balrog in SF IV. I'm bad at charge characters.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Do people still play the PC version or should I try to switch to PS4 for online play? I have both, but I mainly game on PC. Heard that alt+tab issue is still there. =/

Baleoce

This sucks. My PC has developed a random crash issue (I probably just need to clean it out to stop it overheating the GPU, but I only just did that very recently, like last week).

Skilletor

So June is...

- Story Mode
- DLC

Like...seriously. Why do you care? It's super confusing to me how you post so much about a product that apparently killed your favorite pet.

Move on.

I mean, it's pretty big deal that I will get to play all of the characters in the game this month, I'll be able to get several stage variants, I'm getting battle outfits (finally!), I'll get Ibuki. I'm not going to have to purchase Capcom space bucks...and they said they're not done announcing stuff. So if you are so disenfranchised with the game that you need to be reductive for even really, really good news...why bother? It's like you want to be pissed off.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Do people still play the PC version or should I try to switch to PS4 for online play? I have both, but I mainly game on PC. Heard that alt+tab issue is still there. =/

You're always going to hear that because there will always be hiccups in matches that people will attribute to deliberate cheating rather than random chance.

For what it's worth I haven't had any problems with PC players that I'm aware of. Given the issues with matchmaking speed, I would never cut out part of the userbase unless I had constant problems with PC users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom