• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Producer

Few weeks ago i impulse bought Airforce stage and Karins story mode alt. I dont use either, dont even play Karin. Kinda regret it now lol.

Will we be able to at least use the DLC characters in training mode? That may be the catch that forces people to buy characters they have no intention of ever using.

SSReborn

Do you guys know the answer to this? If I don't have ps plus can I still login and earn fight money while playing through the sp stuff?

That would be neat to have a Killer Instinct kinda thing that allows you to at least do training mode with nonpurchased characters, to see if they're what you want.

It won't really matter to me honestly, since I'm probably gonna buy every character just for the sake to catch em all

And all the characters. I'm saving my fight money for everything else.

Yep, absolutely. The only way I'll completely regret my purchase of the Season Pass is if I just won't get the characters at all (which won't happen).

The fact that I get the costumes as well saves a lot of money.

Sucks that the premium costumes cost only money though.

That would be neat to have a Killer Instinct kinda thing that allows you to at least do training mode with nonpurchased characters, to see if they're what you want.

It won't really matter to me honestly, since I'm probably gonna buy every character just for the sake to catch em all

Yep, absolutely. The only way I'll completely regret my purchase of the Season Pass is if I just won't get the characters at all (which won't happen).

The fact that I get the costumes as well saves a lot of money.

Sucks that the premium costumes cost only money though.
I was already torn on getting Nash's gimp combat suit but now I know I'm not getting it.

Shouldn't Capcom just give us Guile and Alex since it's been months? At this point, they should just be free characters as a gesture of good will with all that we had to put up with.

And Capcom PLS. Buff Zangief. He feels so sad in this game. Give him his green hand back. Or at least let his grab combo like a KOF or Blazblue grab.

I'm curious about all characters being usable in story though. Are they move complete and just being tweaked? Or are they missing a lot of moves?

Shouldn't Capcom just give us Guile and Alex since it's been months? At this point, they should just be free characters as a gesture of good will with all that we had to put up with.

And Capcom PLS. Buff Zangief. He feels so sad in this game. Give him his green hand back. Or at least let his grab combo like a KOF or Blazblue grab.

I'm curious about all characters being usable in story though. Are they move complete and just being tweaked? Or are they missing a lot of moves?

Maybe if the sales were as projected but right now they have to make money..

Maybe if the sales were as projected but right now they have to make money..

At this point, good will is worth more than that money. The backlash for the game is huge. Plus the delays, Zenny not coming to fruition, the 8 frames of inherent lag. The publicity for this game is not that good. I honestly feel that goodwill at this point is more important than making a few extra bucks on DLC characters. Though at least they aren't doing the Blazblue thing and making each character 8 bucks each.

Still hoping for Deejay on Season 2. I kind of hate using Nash and Dhalsim doesn't feel right to me.

Steroyd

At this point, good will is worth more than that money. The backlash for the game is huge. Plus the delays, Zenny not coming to fruition, the 8 frames of inherent lag. The publicity for this game is not that good. I honestly feel that goodwill at this point is more important than making a few extra bucks on DLC characters. Though at least they aren't doing the Blazblue thing and making each character 8 bucks each.

Still hoping for Deejay on Season 2. I kind of hate using Nash and Dhalsim doesn't feel right to me.

Throwing in DLC characters free to non season pass owners will only kill the goodwill of those who bought the season pass, plus those DLC characters will still be playable, just not online competively.

Throwing in DLC characters free to non season pass owners will only kill the goodwill of those who bought the season pass, plus those DLC characters will still be playable, just not online competively.

That's the thing. Do you screw over the goodwill of the few who bought the season pass? Or do you screw the goodwill of everyone who bought the incomplete game? I honestly think the season pass holders are far fewer due to the fact that characters are supposedly purchasable with fight money. Honestly I would have Capcom give the characters to everyone and the season pass holders get more premium costumes and stages without having to ante up their fight money. At least that way everyone is on equal grounds. Cosmetics should be charged for, fundamental gameplay should not. Unless this eventually turns into a dead or alive FTP thing.

The issue would be that season pass holders aren't getting what they bought. You can't just change out what dlc is outlined in a season pass like that.

Other people can just buy them with fight money or straight up buy them. If you earn it you get it free. Tons of other fighting games have dlc characters and don't even offer the option to get it for free.

Steroyd

That's the thing. Do you screw over the goodwill of the few who bought the season pass? Or do you screw the goodwill of everyone who bought the incomplete game? I honestly think the season pass holders are far fewer due to the fact that characters are supposedly purchasable with fight money. Honestly I would have Capcom give the characters to everyone and the season pass holders get more premium costumes and stages without having to ante up their fight money. At least that way everyone is on equal grounds. Cosmetics should be charged for, fundamental gameplay should not. Unless this eventually turns into a dead or alive FTP thing.

I don't see how giving Alex and Guile away for free is a gesture of goodwill when they can be bought for "free" through FM and we've been able to play them for 2 and 1 month(s) respectively so we should already have a clear idea if we want to use them going forward at this point.

Xeteh

Haven't we known since the start that premium costumes weren't gonna be purchasable for FM?

Out of all the complaints I've had with how they've handled the game the season pass isn't one of them.

It was $30, each character is $6 and each premium costume is $4. So that's $60 of content not including Guile's stage. Would I have bought all the premium costumes for the DLC characters? Probably not but I would have bought a couple and certainly wanted all the characters even if I don't intend to play them.

Not really expecting them to add more to it.

Raitaro

It will never be over until Cammy is buffed with all the things that covers for one's own deficiencies.

While they thankfully can be bought with FM. I would pay that much if push came to shove and they gave us these stages

You have good taste; I'd buy all of these in a heartbeat!

While 4 bucks is not nothing, at least they are differentiating between completely new stages and alternate ones with the price. That said I'm in two minds about this as on the one hand 4 dollars is not that much to ask for a new stage for me (as someone who really likes stages) but on the other hand I do feel that the alternate versions should have been free (and implemented as a toggle option) like they would have been in pretty much all older games (including IV).

At the end of the day though, more stages is always better for me whatever the hurdles put in place for attaining them (which in this game is somewhat less of an issue since you can buy them with FM of course, though that does take quite a bit of time at that point).

FireSol

Uhhh...finally can post again.
Yesterday tried Mika's trials for the first time, shit, she is so much fun when you know what you doing

Uhhh...finally can post again.
Yesterday tried Mika's trials for the first time, shit, she is so much fun when you know what you doing
inb4 thinkingisn'tgonnagetusanywhere.jpg
bf1db0cb.jpg

Vice

Capcom hid what the product was before it launched. They're not off the hook for hiding what an incomplete mess of product the game was and still is. They cannot and should not be defended or encouraged for doing it, either.
They were pretty open. It launched with everything they said it would.

It is true though. We all expected arcade mode and vs cpu (even though it exists in some form in training). Didn't show up and people were surprised. I don't really care, but that was a legit point.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Thanks to whoever mentioned beating survival with Guile I just noticed I haven't beaten normal survival with like 6 characters.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
It is true though. We all expected arcade mode and vs cpu (even though it exists in some form in training). Didn't show up and people were surprised. I don't really care, but that was a legit point.

Neither version of MvC3 had a Vs CPU mode either.

Maybe you were surprised, but when word came out that the game was basically launching before everything was done, and that a significant portion of gameplay content was behind held off until June, you really shouldn't have expected more than what was explicitly demo'd during pre-release.

Although tbh, even I expected basic controller support in the PC version. ._.

Steroyd

We all expected arcade mode, but Capcom didn't mention arcade mode when they talked about the game modes available in the game before launch, they were transparent about it no sinister mis direction, lying or hiding anything.

KingBroly

Banned
Stop lying just because you're mad.

Capcom was actually surprisingly clear about what the product contained. Daigrams, blogs, and trailers told us exactly what would be in the game at launch.

No they didn't. They said 'HERE ARE THE NEW FEATURES' and 'STORY MODE IN JUNE'

It was only until reviewers got the game that people found out that Arcade Mode and Versus CPU weren't in the game. So you're the one that needs to stop lying to everyone.

BlizzKrut

Banned

It was only until reviewers got the game that people found out that Arcade Mode and Versus CPU weren't in the game. So you're the one that needs to stop lying to everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UUnPkqegPo

Can we end this discussion? Sure you expected Arcade and VS.CPU to come but Capcom never listed those among the modes coming, they aren't lying to anyone.

MrCarter

Jheeze. Calm yourself down before you give yourself an aneurism.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

If only you hadn't bought a product before seeing reviews and then also screwed yourself out of the refund option. Take the L and move the fuck on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom