• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
Like...seriously. Why do you care? It's super confusing to me how you post so much about a product that apparently killed your favorite pet.

Move on.

I mean, it's pretty big deal that I will get to play all of the characters in the game this month, I'll be able to get several stage variants, I'm getting battle outfits (finally!), I'll get Ibuki. I'm not going to have to purchase Capcom space bucks...and they said they're not done announcing stuff. So if you are so disenfranchised with the game that you need to be reductive for even really, really good news...why bother? It's like you want to be pissed off.

Because I want to play it? Duh. I mean, I'm obviously not a Pro Player like yourself, so it's clear you look down on a person such as myself that likes playing a fighting against the computer.

Because I want to play it? Duh. I mean, I'm obviously not a Pro Player like yourself, so it's clear you look down on a person such as myself that likes playing a fighting against the computer.
As someone who only played the single player in fighting games before, I'd highly recommend you give playing against other players a shot. Single player is fun and all but I personally see it as just a way to pass the time until you can actually play against other people. Fighting games are built around competition after all.
Wait, they are releasing stage variants? Free? Didn't see that with all the other stuff.
The stage variants were clearly planned for a lot of stages with day time kanzuki already in the game, night time city in chaos showed off in the story trailer. They probably weren't ready or something. They'll probably cost Fight Money though so they're not technically free.

KingBroly

Banned
As someone who only played the single player in fighting games before, I'd highly recommend you give playing against other players a shot. Single player is fun and all but I personally see it as just a way to pass the time until you can actually play against other people. Fighting games are built around competition after all.

It's nerves with me. It's not just fighters, either. I enjoy fighting games for what I can do with them, nothing more, nothing less. It's how I relax, but with SF5 I can't because Capcom decided it wasn't in my best interest. And I couldn't get a refund on Steam because I gifted some beta keys. So here I am, waiting.

Probably?
Doesn't anyone actually read the blog posts?
43a648aba0.png

Skilletor

I've never said anything like this, so you can fuck off with that. I've never insulted anybody for wanting single player content. Just a page ago I said I was looking forward to story mode.

Sucks for you that they haven't gotten the content you want out, and I've posted about that as well, but you're being as reductive as you're trying to accuse me of being. Just because this isn't the content you want doesn't mean you need to try and make it less than it is by being pissy it's not what you want.

It's nerves with me. It's not just fighters, either. I enjoy fighting games for what I can do with them, nothing more, nothing less. It's how I relax, but with SF5 I can't because Capcom decided it wasn't in my best interest. And I couldn't get a refund on Steam because I gifted some beta keys. So here I am, waiting.

Fair enough but realistically, you can't expect proper single player from this game until like the end of the year or probably around that time. It's just clearly not high in their list of priorities and never was to begin with.

If you really enjoy the single player components of fighting games, there are some good ones out there.

MKX is a great game for playing by yourself. (Though the PC version is evidently shit)

Guilty Gear Revelator just came out and while I haven't played it myself, there's a lot of praise for it.

King of Fighters XIV will be coming out in August and it seems like it'll have pretty robust modes.

You're just making your own life harder at this point by expecting single player content from this game right now tbh.

KingBroly

Banned
Fair enough but realistically, you can't expect proper single player from this game until like the end of the year or probably around that time. It's just clearly not high in their list of priorities and never was to begin with.

If you really enjoy the single player components of fighting games, there are some good ones out there.

MKX is a great game for playing by yourself. (Though the PC version is evidently shit)

Guilty Gear Revelator just came out and while I haven't played it myself, there's a lot of praise for it.

King of Fighters XIV will be coming out in August and it seems like it'll have pretty robust modes.

You're just making your own life harder at this point by expecting single player content from this game right now tbh.

I went with PC because I thought it was a better pick. It has some advantages and disadvantages. The advantages led me to clearing Survival and Trials with everyone. The disadvantages have led me to miss out on MKX and whatever else devs skip over.

What pisses me off most about SF5 is that they hid the fact that it would launch WITHOUT Arcade Mode, WITHOUT Versus CPU. There's no reason to not expect them to be there. Unfortunately, because of what Capcom did, you have to question if it'll be there going forward not only with future Capcom fighters, but other future fighters as well because of how low Capcom tried to lower the bar.

I still have Smash Bros. though.

Like...seriously. Why do you care? It's super confusing to me how you post so much about a product that apparently killed your favorite pet.

Move on.

I mean, it's pretty big deal that I will get to play all of the characters in the game this month, I'll be able to get several stage variants, I'm getting battle outfits (finally!), I'll get Ibuki. I'm not going to have to purchase Capcom space bucks...and they said they're not done announcing stuff. So if you are so disenfranchised with the game that you need to be reductive for even really, really good news...why bother? It's like you want to be pissed off.

Yeah, it sounds like he should move on if he's this dissatisfied with the product. Makes no sense to constantly follow something that you obviously hate. There have been justified complaints for a while but he really does make it seem like he's looking for something to complain about almost all the time.

SephLuis

What pisses me off most about SF5 is that they hid the fact that it would launch WITHOUT Arcade Mode, WITHOUT Versus CPU. There's no reason to not expect them to be there. Unfortunately, because of what Capcom did, you have to question if it'll be there going forward not only with future Capcom fighters, but other future fighters as well because of how low Capcom tried to lower the bar.

I can complain a lot of things about this game and Capcom, but there were reviews before the game launched that complained about the lack of content.

Capcom was quiet until after the game launched, but there was information before the launch too.

And I honestly doubt it this will affect other future fighting games. The lack of content bite them in the ass and they already said they will give their games more dev time based on what happened with SF V.

At the very least, they are showing signs of improvement.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I went with PC because I thought it was a better pick. It has some advantages and disadvantages. The advantages led me to clearing Survival and Trials with everyone. The disadvantages have led me to miss out on MKX and whatever else devs skip over.

Zero sympathy for anyone who buys a product without knowing what it is first. You should be mad at yourself, not Capcom, and stop dumping repetitive negativity into this thread.

MrCarter

Listen, I know you are probably a fan of fighting games and Street Figher in general but you really need to stop acting like an obnoxious, ignorant and entitled individual. Capcom didn't hide anything intentionally as they thought what they were doing is what we wanted, but now that they know, they are trying to rectify these issues. If you want to wait for the said content then it's your call but continuing to be negative about literally everything is not very productive and healthy for debate and most of all for your mentality. Just chill, man.

Like, it's one thing to be on Capcom when they fuck up. But when they try to fix shit, either accept the fact that it's happening and rejoice, or say you've had enough and take your money elsewhere.

A few pages ago, you complained about them not having the Zenny shop up and the reasons why. They fucked it up. That's totally true, but to ignore them moving on and giving people a better option instead of harping about the past is probably more productive.

Edit: I just wanna point out how good the communication is right now. Ibuki's costume got revealed at an event, we got a blog post outlying what they want to fix, and a blog post outlying the upcoming DLC this month. On that very same token, we get to dick around with the rest of the DLC cast (and PC players will get that in training mode, I'm sure) inside a fairly decent story mode (excusing the one round system. Ugh).

If you really, really want Capcom to change their shit, get productive and constructive. Making snide commentary is just white noise to them and any developer.

Alchemist

You guys still entertaining KingBroly? SmH

I called it when Ibuki was delayed. Capcom could release Ibuki, the cinematic story and the zenny store no problems and the usual suspects would still complain.

I just hope completing story mode gives 100k fight money

From the blog post.

Capcpom said:
Finally, you’ll be able to earn Fight Money from completing the story mode as well! A higher difficulty becomes unlocked after clearing the normal mode, which you can also earn extra Fight Money from:

Normal Mode= 30,000 FM

Extra Mode*= 50,000 FM

TOTAL= 80,000 FM

*Extra Mode (higher difficulty) unlocks after you complete Normal mode

JayEH

I just hope completing story mode gives 100k fight money

Finally, you’ll be able to earn Fight Money from completing the story mode as well! A higher difficulty becomes unlocked after clearing the normal mode, which you can also earn extra Fight Money from:

Normal Mode= 30,000 FM

Extra Mode*= 50,000 FM

TOTAL= 80,000 FM

*Extra Mode (higher difficulty) unlocks after you complete Normal mode

from the blog post

beaten

I totally forgot about premium costumes costing real money no matter what.

That sucks.
Well, they need a way to earn money in the long term and adding Macho Man Randy Zangief is a good way.
EDIT: I just hope they add the option to buy the regular colors with FM. So freaking annoying having 4 colors locked just because I'm not a masochist.

Xeteh

You guys still entertaining KingBroly? SmH

I called it when Ibuki was delayed. Capcom could release Ibuki, the cinematic story and the zenny store no problems and the usual suspects would still complain.

RIP in pieces to the Zenny store.

I really wonder why they held on to that for so long, they could have been making microtransaction dollars since March if they just used the Sony/Steam storefronts.

I'm excited to see what extent the next 3 DLC characters are playable in story. I've wished I had the PC version for a while but man the idea that they could potentially be modded in to mess around with in training has me super jealous.

KingBroly

Banned
Zero sympathy for anyone who buys a product without knowing what it is first. You should be mad at yourself, not Capcom, and stop dumping repetitive negativity into this thread.

Capcom hid what the product was before it launched. They're not off the hook for hiding what an incomplete mess of product the game was and still is. They cannot and should not be defended or encouraged for doing it, either.

And btw, I really don't want to see that Bathhouse stage in SF5.

Because Capcom is going to add
background NPCs
and well.... it's a bathhouse so...

The BJ animation will never be more appropriate.

Yeesh.

And while we're on the subject of stages, I am just in love with the night time version of Forgotten Waterfall. BY FAR, the best looking stage in SF5 so far. Even Hillside Plaza ain't got shit on this.

Ckh9Ti8UkAA4r54.jpg

If the alternate stages also have different music then ohh boy.

Skilletor

Yeesh.

And while we're on the subject of stages, I am just in love with the night time version of Forgotten Waterfall. BY FAR, the best looking stage in SF5 so far. Even Hillside Plaza ain't got shit on this.

Ckh9Ti8UkAA4r54.jpg

If the alternate stages also have different music then ohh boy.

Yeah, this stage looks amazing to me. I'm a sucker for nighttime stages, but the way the sky looks here is just awesome.

Actually, FANG rushdown is legit in certain matchups, namely Dhalsim.

Alex's offense is amazing but I wouldn't call it "rushdown" so I agree.

Also agree with Guile and Vega.
Yeah, he definitely has some frame trap pressure. FANG can jack you up in the corner.

Also that stage looks good. Day time Karin stage, Nigh-time Mountain stage will be my new favorites. Give us a couple more stages with no NPC please Capcom, they look so good.

Capcom, when you've proven that you can make great stages, why not make more great stages?

Haunts, please tell the guys and gals in Japan to remove the NPCs in all the stages. It might even help the performance so we can just call it "optimization".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom