• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompadour

I dunno man. Combofiend talking about having dolls in the game. Anything could happen.

Well, wouldn't they just be Cammy model swaps with a few new moves for story mode? Clearly the big Shadaloon goon we've seen in screenshots has Zangief's idle animation.

Plus, the Capcom profiles for all the different Shadaloo mooks sort of implies they're all the same with a few moves that make them stand out. They even go far as to say the highest ranking one is just a combination of the rest of the soldiers so they'll clearly be in the game.

However, that would be kind of nice if this meant they could throw in a bonus character or two for Season 2 just by building on what they have currently and creating a new character out of it (a la Decapre). But I'm not that excited about having another doll or a Shadaloo soldier when the roster is under 30 fighters. Save that for one of the last seasons.

Dee Jay

tQHkftE.jpg

No alt outfits?

Csr

I think i accidentally rage quit on a rashid, i didn't think that i have to wait for all the numbers to go by before i close the game. Does anyone know when it is safe to close the game? Sry rashid guy.

edit: game was in my profile so it registered as a loss properly.

I think i accidentally rage quit on a rashid, i didn't think that i have to wait for all the numbers to go buy before i close the game. Does anyone know when it is safe to close the game? Sry rashid guy.
He's playing Rashid, he should understand how annoying his character is and is probably used to it.

J/K but I'd probably wait until it prompts you to search for a new fight.

Even though aesthetically a doll being too similar to Cammy would be a bummer, but gameplay wise it can be fun. I actually like how Decapre ended up being compared to Cammy, she played quite differently and a unique toolset. I also like how in Skullgirls Fukua was meant as a April Fools joke Filia using scrapped moves but she ended up being liked by fans and is seeing competitive use. Even though the dolls do have a similar body shape to Cammy, they could do a lot of things to differentiate them since they are suppose to be different characters and nationalities, with Decapre being the only literal clone out of them.

Though to be honest, this would be the Capcom equivalent of making the Mayship from Guilty Gear playable. Most people don't really care about these background characters. Though if there was a fat female doll who is the Shadaloo cook who kills people by tripping on them, that would quite the sight.

Even though aesthetically a doll being too similar to Cammy would be a bummer, but gameplay wise it can be fun. I actually like how Decapre ended up being compared to Cammy, she played quite differently and a unique toolset. I also like how in Skullgirls Fukua was meant as a April Fools joke Filia using scrapped moves but she ended up being liked by fans and is seeing competitive use.

I don't even think that'd really be the case this time around considering they redesigned a number of them.

Csr

He's playing Rashid, he should understand how annoying his character is and is probably used to it.

J/K but I'd probably wait until it prompts you to search for a new fight.

heh yeah and i have no idea what to do against the character since not many people play him. I should do more research.

That is what i always do, i wait for that menu. I just closed the game out of habit from other games where the moment the ko shows the loss is registered. BTW if that was the case in this game a lot of rage quits would be averted because people would not have time to rage quit.
Apparently i waited long enough though (it was after announcer said rashid wins and the winpose) since the match is in my profile.

Even though aesthetically a doll being too similar to Cammy would be a bummer, but gameplay wise it can be fun. I actually like how Decapre ended up being compared to Cammy, she played quite differently and a unique toolset. I also like how in Skullgirls Fukua was meant as a April Fools joke Filia using scrapped moves but she ended up being liked by fans and is seeing competitive use. Even though the dolls do have a similar body shape to Cammy, they could do a lot of things to differentiate them since they are suppose to be different characters and nationalities, with Decapre being the only literal clone out of them.

How many Dolls are there total? I wouldn't mind having a few of them, as long as they look different by default and then give them the throwback skin as an option. It would feel really cheap to have 18 of the same character with swapped hair styles even if their moves are different.
heh yeah and i have no idea what to do against the character since not many people play him. I should do more research.

That is what i always do, i wait for that menu. I just closed the game out of habit from other games where the moment the ko shows the loss is registered. BTW if that was the case in this game a lot of rage quits would be averted because people would not have time to rage quit.
Apparently i waited long enough though (it was after announcer said rashid wins and the winpose) since the match is in my profile.
Oh ok cool that it did count.

Yeah I have the same problem with Rashid. I am lost at how to fight him since nobody really uses him.

How many Dolls are there total? I wouldn't mind having a few of them, as long as they look different by default and then give them the throwback skin as an option. It would feel really cheap to have 18 of the same character with swapped hair styles even if their moves are different.

There is one for every month iirc, so 13 total if you include Cammy. I think it would be interesting if there was "one" doll character. As in they tag team you like Juni and Juli did in Alpha 3. Their specials could be like that one Arcana Heart chick who summons her sisters to beat the shit out of you. It would be hard to balance, since they could make it way too damn good or nerfed into badness so it's not too crazy. It would be like having 12 Nadeshiko's trying to mess up your day.

edit: I just remembered some of the dolls were released from mind control like Juni, since she was in Cammy's story mode, so they wouldn't need to incorporate all of them.

FluxWaveZ

Can someone link me to an accurate table that matches league ranks with the amount of LP? I can't find any accurate one out there.

I have no idea how much LP it takes to get to Ultra Platinum, for example.

Edit: Hm, I think Ultra Plat. might be 13k LP, but that'd be weird since I thought Diamond was 14k.

Never mind, found it with the help of the leaderboard.

There is one for every month iirc, so 13 total if you include Cammy. I think it would be interesting if there was "one" doll character. As in they tag team you like Juni and Juli did in Alpha 3. Their specials could be like that one Arcana Heart chick who summons her sisters to beat the shit out of you. It would be hard to balance, since they could make it way too damn good or nerfed into badness so it's not too crazy. It would be like have 12 Nadeshiko's trying to mess up your day.
That could work as well. I like that.

Another option could be, maybe you just get a random Doll when you select the slot and they could just have different specials. Could be interesting.

But I like your idea better.

SephLuis

There is one for every month iirc, so 13 total if you include Cammy. I think it would be interesting if there was "one" doll character. As in they tag team you like Juni and Juli did in Alpha 3. Their specials could be like that one Arcana Heart chick who summons her sisters to beat the shit out of you. It would be hard to balance, since they could make it way too damn good or nerfed into badness so it's not too crazy. It would be like having 12 Nadeshiko's trying to mess up your day.

edit: I just remembered some of the dolls were released from mind control like Juni, since she was in Cammy's story mode, so they wouldn't need to incorporate all of them.

I played with the AH chick and I mainly used her to piss off my friends. I would be happy to see someone like this in SF, though I cannot even conceive how insane it could become.

Mizerman

It would be interesting, but you're right in saying that it would be a nightmare to balance a moveset like that.

Xeteh

That could work as well. I like that.

Another option could be, maybe you just get a random Doll when you select the slot and they could just have different specials. Could be interesting.

But I like your idea better.

They got their own SFV designs, some look pretty cool and the idea that each one's name is one of the months in their own native language is pretty rad.

Wait until a little bit later in the month, some more info about future content will drop soon before story mode is dropped. Right now if you did buy it just for story mode, you'd have nothing to do after the 3-4 hours it takes to complete it if you're not all that interested in online play. That stuff will likely have some legs on it.

Of course if you buy now, you can use alex and guile and get fight money from them by completing tutorials, story and survival modes and add to your cash pool before they revert back into pay characters.

There will be a full length story mode in a few weeks for the SP side of things, and new modes further down the line. For the MP the content is already there. The core system of the game is awesome. I'm sure you can find good deals for the game pretty much anywhere. So I'd say yeah.

In terms of single player content, I'd recommend waiting until the end of the month when the story mode hits. We'll get a much better idea of the single player.

In terms of Multiplayer, the game is fairly decent. It has good netcode and the battle lounges are stable.

In terms of the actual gameplay it is one of the best fighting games I've ever played. Every match gets really intense and always feels like a back and forth.

I'd recommend getting it since the story mode is a free update but upto you whether you want to wait. There are also DLC characters that will come on July, August and September (expected to at least).

If you enjoy fighting games on a pure mechanic and technical level then this is probably Capcom's best fighter yet - it's great to play with people locally and online (when it's not lagging of course). If you only want an arcade mode and maybe some challenge mode stuff then you can wish to hold off until July/August. Check out the link below for the upcoming stuff in June:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2016/06/09/sfv-cinematic-story-and-additional-june-updates

If you've waited this long, wait for story mode at the end of this month. That's gonna be a big content dump.

For me personally, once they expanded battle lounges to 8 that was good for me. I'm here for sparring with friends, SP stuff is never really the reason I buy a fighter.

SFV got that reputation for its launch. By the end of this month, sfv will have 8 player lobbies, combo trials, alex, guile, ibuki, cinematic story, store to buy costumes, and that shit tutorial. None of that stuff was at launch.

Thanks for the responses. Yh I'm actually more interested in the online aspect, I really enjoyed the beta. The main reasons I held off buying it on release was the fact that I was very busy at the time, and because of the widespread complaints about the lack of content. It sounds like buying it towards the end of the month is the best option at this point. I'll probably do that, after which I'll hopefully play some of SFV GAF, and probably end up getting my ass kicked :)

I showed that to my friend. He cried out in Anguish. He always hated my Deejay. Me? I'm happier than eight frames. I want his V Skill to be NICE HOUSE X2 JACKKNIFE MAXIMUM and his V-Trigger to be like five sobats one after another with a nice house finish. Let's get some Deejay combos in here with his Sobats comboing into a Machinegun Upper and he chases you with that Jack Knife kick. Gonna be so hype. Time to make Deejay great again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom