• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
My quick idea is that he gains slightly more damage on his normals and gets a new special that only works in V Trigger mode. But his mobility, normals, specials aren't enhanced. So he can't walk faster like Birdie, charge his fireball like Ryu, or get torpedo himself full screen like Cammy. The damage potential would be crazy good, but he has to get it honestly the way Ryu does now.

Speaking of that though, I do hope they add a new mechanic to the the 2017 balance update. It doesn't have to be multiple critical arts or V Trigger but I'd like to see something new to change things up.
Multiple CA and V-trigger and a speed increase all seem easy ways to make the game brand new again.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Oh man, I got matched up 3 times with a Necalli that just JUMPED ALL THE TIME.

Jumped. I AA'd.

Jumped. I AA'd.

Jumped. I AA'd.

Jumped. I AA'd.

Repeat until he lost the round. Literally, that's all he did in that round.

And he was Gold. I now realize that rank means nothing unless you're platinum or above.

You can get a lot farther than you should on autopilot and gimmicks. At least 2 out of 3 somewhat mitigates that. If they rematch that is. The new hotness in ranked seems to be taking someone's points in the first set and rq'ing the second when they're losing, and then rq'ing on the loading screen when the game keeps matching you up.

FireSol

Playing as Karin, lots of Ruys...while they on the ground the games is somewhat close, but when they began to jump I get bodied pretty fast ((((

Playing as Karin, lots of Ruys...while they on the ground the games is somewhat close, but when they began to jump I get bodied pretty fast ((((
Honestly, I really don't get why Karin players don't abuse her dash forward and her qcf+k more just so they don't have to deal with that jump in.

Karin's Anti-airs are kinda lacking so why even take the risk of having to take that jump in when you have a "get out of jail free" card.

I myself have been getting in that habit of using FANG's command dash whenever there's a jumpin from a character at a range I know I'll never be able to anti-air without trading at the very least, like Bison's j.hp.

I posted this in the arcade stick thread but I'll post it here too (the edit is from the original post, lot of people seem to be complaining about TE2+ problems):

So I think I might be having some problems with the joystick on my TE2+

It really feels like every once in a while blocking while holding down back (left side) just doesn't register. I'm randomly getting hit by stuff I know I'm blocking.

If worst case scenario there is something wrong, its probably just literally the joystick itself and not the whole unit right? And then I'd be able to just buy a new stick and replace it?

If so, how much do they cost? And whats the best place to get them?

Edit: started reading above and...fuck. I guess this stick is just a piece of shit prone to break? this really sucks and I hope its just my imagination and my stick is fine...

FireSol

Honestly, I really don't get why Karin players don't abuse her dash forward and her qcf+k more just so they don't have to deal with that jump in.

Karin's Anti-airs are kinda lacking so why even take the risk of having to take that jump in when you have a "get out of jail free" card.

I myself have been getting in that habit of using FANG's command dash whenever there's a jumpin from a character at a range I know I'll never be able to anti-air without trading at the very least, like Bison's j.hp.

I think I really need to get this habit also, tnx for advice

I posted this in the arcade stick thread but I'll post it here too:

So I think I might be having some problems with the joystick on my TE2+

It really feels like every once in a while blocking while holding down back (left side) just doesn't register. I'm randomly getting hit by stuff I know I'm blocking.

If worst case scenario there is something wrong, its probably just literally the joystick itself and not the whole unit right? And then I'd be able to just buy a new stick and replace it?

If so, how much do they cost? And whats the best place to get them?

Edit: started reading above and...fuck. I guess this stick is just a piece of shit prone to break? this really sucks and I hope its just my imagination and my stick is fine...

You can just buy a Sanwa JLF and swap that out. It's usually around $25~ give or take.

It's just 1 connector and 4 screws holding it down.

You can just buy a Sanwa JLF and swap that out. It's usually around $25~ give or take.

It's just 1 connector and 4 screws holding it down.

Thanks, thats what I'm probably going to try.

My fear though is people in the other thread talking about having problems and swapping out parts didn't help.

If this was Season 2 how happy/dissapointed would you be

Akuma
Sagat
Sakura
Viper
Sean
Oro
Just replace Sean with someone new and we’re good to go. In that list, Akuma is probably the only one that will resemble a shoto, I think Sagat/Sakura will be majorly changed up, but that’s still too many “shoto-like” characters for one batch.

Super Platinum RQs hurt the most.
SergeantLuigi

Edit-Says he let me win because he knows I was going to RQ him.

Yea like I was really trying to save those 25points.

Ryce

Dan

FUylmi3.jpg

Just replace Sean with someone new and we’re good to go. In that list, Akuma is probably the only one that will resemble a shoto, I think Sagat/Sakura will be majorly changed up, but that’s still too many “shoto-like” characters for one batch.

in terms of story Sean wouldnt be a shoto even in training yet, he would have MJJ as his style, maybe with a few Shoto attempted moves chucked in

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Non-yolo jump jump wake up DP happy Kens are scarce at my level so it's always nice (and scary) to run into a good Ken, yeah :)

What's your level and who do you play? Are you in North America?

edit: according to that SFV stats website you're silver and play Guile and Dhalsim, two characters I'd love to practice against. But you're in France it looks like.

FluxWaveZ

Error messages. Error messages everywhere. And I still keep getting matched up with Bronze and Silver players.

I hope that big update this month fixes things in that regards.

Zerojul

What's your level and who do you play? Are you in North America?

edit: according to that SFV stats website you're silver and play Guile and Dhalsim, two characters I'd love to practice against. But you're in France it looks like.
Yeah that's me (I play a bit of Gief too). That's why I don't speak up when you guys ask for lobbies and stuff because I know the connection will be shit, which is a pity.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Error messages. Error messages everywhere. And I still keep getting matched up with Bronze and Silver players.

I hope that big update this month fixes things in that regards.

I'm still just a lowly silver, but lately I'm being matched with people with half my points and it's too stressful. I'd much rather fight people 2000 pts above me.

Or, even better, what if I was matched with people within a few hundred points? I don't dare to dream.

Also, I should stop focusing on the points.

Coda

Did anyone watch gootecks streaming yesterday? He got beat by a Zangief player and then ended the stream lol. Poor gootecks. :(

Dan would be a great character to star in the tutorial mode, teaching you how to play.

Also, anyone wanna do a set? I'm trying to get gud as Guile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom