• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
This one I guess ?
gouki00.jpg

That's a stronk mullet. I approve.

FluxWaveZ

It really sucks that the online playerbase is so small that I have to plan when I play this game around when I think others will be playing, and not when I personally want to. There's practically no one playing right now. And Battle Lounges continue to be hell to deal with.

Karin is such a goddamn baller, I really like how much she's "grown" since alpha 2.

Also whats up with dhalsim being shown with vega/f.a.n.g there at the end?

Csr

It really sucks that the online playerbase is so small that I have to plan when I play this game around when I think others will be playing, and not when I personally want to. There's practically no one playing right now. And Battle Lounges continue to be hell to deal with.

Yeah that is the worst thing out of the situation.

They have a right to be pissed off about the whole situation. Capcom should replace the Zenny coupons with a PSN coupon for whatever amount of money the Zenny coupon was worth IMO. Replacing it with FM that can't buy certain things is a real rip off.

Is it worth breaking a disc for? No. But they have a right to be mad.

Can't get the collector's edition if you buy digital though.

How would a company even make a collector's edition that's completely digital (Serious question)

FluxWaveZ

Can't get the collector's edition if you buy digital though.

How would a company even make a collector's edition that's completely digital (Serious question)

What do you mean? There've been several CEs in the past that have a download code instead of a disc. Hell, some CEs don't even include the game at all.

Edit: Though if you specifically mean not the game being digital, but the whole package being digital, I imagine it would be something like a bunch of paid content being bundled with a pack for a limited amount of time. I think some games like League of Legends and such do stuff like that.

VariantX

They have a right to be pissed off about the whole situation. Capcom should replace the Zenny coupons with a PSN coupon for whatever amount of money the Zenny coupon was worth IMO. Replacing it with FM that can't buy certain things is a real rip off.

Is it worth breaking a disc for? No. But they have a right to be mad.

Yeah can't disagree with their anger, but would have stopped short of breaking the disk and tried to sell or trade it in. Of course, there could be legal stuff preventing that since I don't know how stuff works in Japan. It's why I don't like video game funny money in non-F2P games. Capcom needs to do better than that.

What do you mean? There've been several CEs in the past that have a download code instead of a disc. Hell, some CEs don't even include the game at all.
I mean a CE with no physical components.

The more I think about it, the stupider it sounds so let's just move on lol.

mbpm1

OW: Origins just gave me costumes for characters I don't use.

It did come with the disc but technically you could have done without I suppose.

FluxWaveZ

I could see it work and stuff like that's been done before. Like, if you bought/pre-ordered the "Digital CE" version of SFV, you could get costumes/colors/titles that aren't available anywhere else. Kinda like what the Hot Ryu costume has been like until now, but in a more exclusive and possibly limited to release week capacity.

Edit: Man... I can't wait to be playing with that crazy Mika costume later this month.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Not that im complaining but what's the point if these art cards? Sfv cinematic universe building? They should add a lore mode to the game.

FluxWaveZ

Not that im complaining but what's the point if these art cards? Sfv cinematic universe building? They should add a lore mode to the game.

They should actually add a section of these cards into the actual game. Someone had made a great looking mock-up in the past.

Of course they won't be doing that. As it stands now, I guess it's just for obscure fanservice, and potential design hints for future characters.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
My guess is they just kind of went through every possible character and how they might look. These are probably years old designs.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
They should actually add a section of these cards into the actual game. Someone had made a great looking mock-up in the past.

Of course they won't be doing that. As it stands now, I guess it's just for obscure fanservice, and potential design hints for future characters.

I wonder how much of the art was handled internally. They've barely released any official concept art from the initial roster. Even SF4 had those early drafts Ikeno did of Guile with Samus shoulders.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";206736537]That was the most offbeat top 8 so far. FANG, Laura, Bison, Alex.

Wild.[/QUOTE]

I like the character variety tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom