• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i havent plaeyd in a while and there is still no rage quit punishment?

Actually, they did institute one, and it has been working. According to Haunts, 60% decrease in RQs so far.

But, they aren't finished, and they said more anti-cheating measures will be implemented over time.

Actually, they did institute one, and it has been working. According to Haunts, 60% decrease in RQs so far.

But, they aren't finished, and they said more anti-cheating measures will be implemented over time.

Yeahhhh, no. That 60% statistic really feels like they pulled it out of their ass, I have not seen any shortage of rage quitters. Recently got matched up against the same guy like 4 times and he RQ'd 3 of them. Highly doubt he got any real punishment or that it motivated him to stop RQing.

They are still working on solutions though, so at least it won't be this bad forever.

FluxWaveZ

Yeahhhh, no. That 60% statistic really feels like they pulled it out of their ass, I have not seen any shortage of rage quitters. Recently got matched up against the same guy like 4 times and he RQ'd 3 of them. Highly doubt he got any real punishment or that it motivated him to stop RQing.

They are still working on solutions though, so at least it won't be this bad forever.

There's likely a notable difference in RQ rates based on leagues; I've definitely noticed a substantial drop after that "solution" was put in place. Still, it happens occasionally for me, and it sucks when it does.

Thanks to the stress-free PC mod (which hides league, LP, and level) I've started playing Ranked again. Found matches quickly and didn't have a single RQ. I'm impressed, because I wasn't expecting that at all.

SaikyoBro

Dan

FUylmi3.jpg

I want to see this in motion so badly, what an awesome redesign.

FluxWaveZ

Wow, matched against two opponents of my exact rank in a row. It's a miracle.

Edit: Wait... a third in a row; completely different player? What's going on, heh.

RQ rarely happen for me now...

I’ve run into a few Platinum guys that don’t want to play me anymore though, they’ll quit before the match starts since they know I’ll win or at least it’ll be a tough win for them and don’t want to lose the points.

I think once you stop worrying about points, you rank up a lot quicker. I hit super platinum on my alt account in like half the time it took me for my first one. I didn’t care about losing, and just played...Ranked wins are so gimmicky sometimes, if you just play solid, like this i just the first two matches of a long set, instead of going for goofy gimmicks and taking huge risk, you’ll win a lot.

If I keep playing, I think I can hit diamond with enough time put in, and then proceed to get beat by a bronze guy who never plays rank just does lounges all day with strong guys lol...points are just stupid, they mean absolutely nothing.

Hueytothe

That Stupendous Snake Eyez Gief mirror one of the most entertaining sets ive seen in SFV
shout out to Steve and Sajam on the commentary

cordy

Banned
Yeah I doubt Ed is in S2, he'll likely be in S3, needs more story progression I'd say. I see this for S2.

- Akuma
- Sakura
- Azam (seen a lot already)
- Viper
- Sagat
- Oro

Yeah I know it's Akuma, Sagat and Sakura but still. Akuma and Sakura will be in, maybe not Sagat so maybe he'll switch out for somebody else. Then we'll get another Story Expansion, maybe even 2

- Story Expansion: Akuma, Ryu, Sakura, Ken, idk SnH/Shoto stuff
- Arcade Mode

Then we'll get S3

- Ed
- Sean (guess he'll take his fighting seriously in between the S2 and S3 stories
- Akuma's super form/Oni
- Elena
- Rose
- Somebody else idk
- Story Expansion: Shadaloo stuff which Ed is involved in

I think we'll at least see 3 seasons but 4? Depends on the success of the game.

FluxWaveZ

Your friends not the only one lol. Whenever the bot loses, it just doesn't send the full packets to the server so the los doesn't fully register. That's why he has such an insane win streak not because he never loses but because they never register.

That doesn't sound right at all, where did you get that from/come up with that? That video's uploader states that they got the points, and I beat the RZR_Infiltration bot (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vRc98cH5Vc) and got the points and ended the streak.

That doesn't sound right at all, where did you get that from/come up with that? That video's uploader states that they got the points, and I beat the RZR_Infiltration bot (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vRc98cH5Vc) and got the points and ended the streak.

That's exactly what Tool_assisted used to do and how else can one explain the insane winstreak. I believe the winner still gets the points, it's the winstreak that remains unaffected. Not entirely sure what the method is but it's definitely something along those lines.

EDIT: Also explains how he's STILL at the top of the leaderboards even after losing so many matches.

Pompadour

Yeah I doubt Ed is in S2, he'll likely be in S3, needs more story progression I'd say. I see this for S2.

- Akuma
- Sakura
- Azam (seen a lot already)
- Viper
- Sagat
- Oro

Yeah I know it's Akuma, Sagat and Sakura but still. Akuma and Sakura will be in, maybe not Sagat so maybe he'll switch out for somebody else. Then we'll get another Story Expansion, maybe even 2

- Story Expansion: Akuma, Ryu, Sakura, Ken, idk SnH/Shoto stuff
- Arcade Mode

Then we'll get S3

- Ed
- Sean (guess he'll take his fighting seriously in between the S2 and S3 stories
- Akuma's super form/Oni
- Elena
- Rose
- Somebody else idk
- Story Expansion: Shadaloo stuff which Ed is involved in

I think we'll at least see 3 seasons but 4? Depends on the success of the game.

I hope they just don't blow their SF2 wad immediately for next season. Save Sagat for S3, put Blanka in S4. As popular as the SF2 fighters are there's not a lot left and there's only maybe 3-4 that actually are very popular remaining.

Personally, I'd want and expect something like:

Akuma (natch)
Sakura (natch)
Viper (has three new designs and appears in story mode)
Oro (wasn't in 4, in story mode)
Sodom (only non-doll from Alpha that didn't make it to 3D)
New Character

And Dudley. I want Dudley, he's a unique archetype, and he's one of the more popular SF characters period. Who knows if he'll make it in.

I'd also like to see Q but again, who knows.

FluxWaveZ

That's exactly what Tool_assisted used to do and how else can one explain the insane winstreak. I believe the winner still gets the points, it's the winstreak that remains unaffected. Not entirely sure what the method is but it's definitely something along those lines.

EDIT: Also explains how he's STILL at the top of the leaderboards even after losing so many matches.

But what do you mean by "losing so many matches"? The thing has a 98% win streak with 887 games played. That's around only 17 games lost. It could easily have huge win streaks outside of those 17 interrupts.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
But what do you mean by "losing so many matches"? The thing has a 98% win streak with 887 games played. That's around only 17 games lost. It could easily have huge win streaks outside of those 17 interrupts.

A video shortly after launch shows Mike Ross beating him 2 matches in a row, but his streak remains unbroken.

He knows how to fuck with the data that's sent to the servers.

FluxWaveZ

A video shortly after launch shows Mike Ross beating him 2 matches in a row, but his streak remains unbroken.

He knows how to fuck with the data that's sent to the servers.

Ah, I see. My main hang-up was not actually seeing it happen, but if that's the case that's pretty messed up. I don't understand why that shit is so blatant yet Capcom hasn't done anything about it. I just rage quit immediately if I encounter one now.

Again, not entirely sure what the specifics are or how Capcom's server manages this stuff but my best guess is that whenever it wins a match, it just lets it update as normal but whenever it loses a match, it simply doesn't send/accept the packets when the fight ends. It's not "technically" a rage quit.

In a rage quit, the match never ended so no points were distributed. This way, the match ended and the winner gets their points but the loser's LP remains unaffected because they just didn't accept or send the packets which lead to the LP change. It's a pretty massive flaw in the system but fortunately something only a bot can apparently take advantage of ( or maybe real players can too? Not sure).

FluxWaveZ

It's not enough that it's an almost-impossible to beat bot, mainly without exploiting dumb crap, but it also needs to mess with that kind of data, huh.

It's not enough that it's an almost-impossible to beat bot, mainly without exploiting dumb crap, but it also needs to mess with that kind of data, huh.
One could argue that it's a relatively good thing that it's showing the flaws in the networking system early in the game's life so that they can be fixed.

But that's only in an ideal world, this is 2016 Capcpom we're talking about.

Why wouldn't Ed be in S2?

He's already present in the current story, who knows if he'll also make a cameo in the cinematic story, heck he might even show up completely modeled like shaun.

I still say s2 is going to be 3 new chars and 3 returning, at the least.

Decapre
Viper
Oro
Ed
Azam
new character
(sakura)

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

Tool Assisted's a cool guy. Shares lots of tech and situational frame data on Twitter. Just have to decipher his particular manner of speaking.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Ugh, I'm a super bronze and I got matched up against a super silver named MJinthe4thQuarter. I won the first first match but then he came back and won the 2nd and 3rd matches :(

Holy shit, I just realized. Dan has a slight stubble in his art and Ryu has now grown a full beard. So Dan is still trying to be as good as Ryu at something and not really succeeding.

Zerojul

Holy shit, I just realized. Dan has a slight stubble in his art and Ryu has now grown a full beard. So Dan is still trying to be as good as Ryu at something and not really succeeding.
Maybe in his alt he will have a thick manly beard and bald head. Or a mohawk. A pink mohawk.

myco666

Yeah that's me (I play a bit of Gief too). That's why I don't speak up when you guys ask for lobbies and stuff because I know the connection will be shit, which is a pity.

EU - US connection should be fine. Atleast I play against US and CAN players regularly with good connection and I assume its good on their end as well since they continue playing against me.

Zerojul

EU - US connection should be fine. Atleast I play against US and CAN players regularly with good connection and I assume its good on their end as well since they continue playing against me.
Really ? Best I can get is 4 bars with east coast guys (I presume) but most of the time it's 3 bars and it's no good. Where are you located ?

you have to be lucky. i only get players from us/can if i set to 3-5 bars. even then you'll get micro rollback and weird crunchy sound distortion on attacks sometimes, even when it looks smooth at first glance. it's playable for me, but you can never be too sure about your opponent. this is all tons better than SFIV.

myco666

Really ? Best I can get is 4 bars with east coast guys (I presume) but most of the time it's 3 bars and it's no good. Where are you located ?

Finland. 4 bars is what I usually get with what I assume are east coast players. Bunch of 3 bar matches also though but there are enough of 4 bar connections so I dont need to accept them.

Edit. Can't really tell a difference with connection against US or EU player. Connection with other Scandi players is super smooth and best though but barely anyone here plays the game lol.

cordy

Banned
Also, Akuma's new design already seems to be a mix of regular Akuma & Oni.

Yeah he looks great.
I hope they just don't blow their SF2 wad immediately for next season. Save Sagat for S3, put Blanka in S4. As popular as the SF2 fighters are there's not a lot left and there's only maybe 3-4 that actually are very popular remaining.

Personally, I'd want and expect something like:

Akuma (natch)
Sakura (natch)
Viper (has three new designs and appears in story mode)
Oro (wasn't in 4, in story mode)
Sodom (only non-doll from Alpha that didn't make it to 3D)
New Character

And Dudley. I want Dudley, he's a unique archetype, and he's one of the more popular SF characters period. Who knows if he'll make it in.

I'd also like to see Q but again, who knows.

Yeah I can see that happening. I'd say Azam might be the new character so it fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom