• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was Xian that won that tournament, not FANG. Xian could've played Ryu and probably would've gotten a similar result. The level of competition just wasn't there IMO.

FireSol

I mean, the level wasn't as high so it is easier to get that far with those characters.

Don't think it means much. The competition that makes fang look ass isn't there.

Good for Xian though. He's the smart player going to these ranking events to farm.

Sadly, our fighting scene is not there, yet, but we trying, and the fact that players like Xian, Will2Pac and Problem X come to Russia for a tournament is a good sign, its a great experience for players to play against ppl from the top

Edzi

There are few things more infuriating than playing against someone who just doesn't care about winning. I have a friend who was trying to get into the game that I've been practicing with to try and help him improve, but his mentality of playing "only for fun" and never caring about winning the match just made it a bore since it felt like my wins meant nothing. That lack of competitive spark also seems to stop people from seriously improving their game, and I'm seeing that in him even now that he's moved on to GG.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying you shouldn't be playing to have fun, but having fun and having a desire to beat your opponent shouldn't be mutually exclusive.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";206736537]That was the most offbeat top 8 so far. FANG, Laura, Bison, Alex.

Wild. Nice segway into E3 day 1, too.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't sound much of a challenge for FANG.

FluxWaveZ

Won the Redbull Proving Grounds event in Toronto on Saturday:

https://www.redbull.com/us/en/esports/stories/1331800268163/underdog-emerges-at-fight-for-6ix

Stream archive is on Canada Cup's twitch account, every match except my first one was streamed lol

Forgot to mention that it's a monthly and I gotta win like 4 more to go anywhere lol

Congrats. I'll try participating in my local weeklies myself starting next week.

Edit: Actually faced Chi-rithy myself online recently; I had no idea that he was the guy at the time, so it was weird seeing my name pop up.

Im guile crouching and staring at you, what do you do?

CgVhxFUVIAAWJPt.jpg

Thats so fking shitty of Capcom. They shoulda just given them codes to Premium costumes or characters of their choice ( Equivalent to the Zenny amount ). Hardly a big loss , since there aren't going to be that many CE buyers anyway.

Yeeah pretty disappointed with this announcement. Mostly cause I spent the extra money on a special edition too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom