• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not Flux tho lol. I'm so in tune with Nash now.
Congrats though, seriously :)

If this matchmaking were better and I could consistently get 4-5 bar matches then I'd gladly grind online and get to Platinum or above but as it stands, I have no motivation to even play online, let alone ranked.

Really hope this matchmaking gets sorted out soon.

Congrats though, seriously :)

If this matchmaking were better and I could consistently get 4-5 bar matches then I'd gladly grind online and get to Platinum or above but as it stands, I have no motivation to even play online, let alone ranked.

Really hope this matchmaking gets sorted out soon.

The matchmaking does suck so much ass right now. I had to wait 10+ mins for games sometimes, and I was matched with Silvers and Bronzes sometimes. I got beaten by a silver and lost 241 points :(

FluxWaveZ

The matchmaking does suck so much ass right now. I had to wait 10+ mins for games sometimes, and I was matched with Silvers and Bronzes sometimes. I got beaten by a silver and lost 241 points :(

Story of my Ranked life. The frustrating thing is that I know I'm not bad enough to be losing against those opponents 99% of the time, but it's just that I don't have the strength of mind to not play recklessly to just get things over with when I'm constantly matched against opponents who either won't teach me anything at all and/or who I'll only get 1 LP from.

Was so close to Ultra Platinum, but I'm back to 10.6k now.

FluxWaveZ

Everyone should just play more Battle Lounge

I would if it wasn't garbage. No region filtering ensures that anytime I host, a thousand players come in and then immediately leave because the connection is 1-2 bars. Or it's a player with 1-2 bars who stays for some reason, who I then have to proceed to kick. Or it's a player with a good connection, but in a far lower league who I swiftly destroy, which is a waste of time if I'm seeking to improve.

If I try to search for lounges, the same issue occurs in reverse. Connections don't appear quickly enough so I don't know who I should be joining. Leagues are the only indication of skill I can really base things on in that context, but a lot of them are usually relatively low so I end up endlessly refreshing for new players. I try to join a room that looks good, but it's actually full or I can't connect, so I need to refresh.

It's an extremely poor experience, and I would actually stick more to Battle Lounges than randoms in Ranked if I could have a consistently good experience with it. "Ranked playstyle" or not, it provides me with a decent flow of random opponents and matches without having to waste a bunch of setup time hoping to find someone good to play against in BLs.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Sakura

rhTTYgF.jpg
If her legs looked at all like a human female's I'd say that windblown skirt was downright scandalous. Luckily they avoided any hint of titillation my making her legs look like tree trunks.

I stopped looking at that concept art when they slapped a ponytail on Guy as his default. Just terrible. I hope some of those designs (including Sakura's) aren't final.

Fuck Capcom for giving a woman in her 20s this outfit while all of her peers, including Karin, aren't wearing the same shit.

Idiots.
Capcom: Let's change Alex's cool classic look, but leave creepy 20+ year old Sakura still dressed like a schoolgirl.

Ryu needs to get a restraining order already.

Moaradin

Of course they aren't going to give Sakura a totally new design in some dumb character bios nobody cares about. Wait until she's actually playable before writing it off.

Ryce

Of course they aren't going to give Sakura a totally new design in some dumb character bios nobody cares about. Wait until she's actually playable before writing it off.
Except they gave plenty of other characters totally new designs in those character bios. Sakura's even wearing the schoolgirl outfit in the in-game story art.

cordy

Banned
Capcom: Let's change Alex's cool classic look, but leave creepy 20+ year old Sakura still dressed like a schoolgirl.

Ryu needs to get a restraining order already.

Capcom needs to sign Sakura over to Namco to do her justice given Namco's given us the best Akuma in over a decade. This is just straight bullshit.

05_costumes27.jpg

Give us the bottom left and we would have been fine.

Moaradin

Except they gave plenty of other characters totally new designs in those character bios. Sakura's even wearing the schoolgirl outfit in the in-game story art.

Still doesn't mean she won't get a new design if she ever makes it in the game. She isn't gonna be playable any time soon so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have many concrete plans for her yet. She could still get a new design and have her classic look as her story mode costume like other characters in the game.

Pompadour

Capcom needs to sign Sakura over to Namco to do her justice given Namco's given us the best Akuma in over a decade. This is just straight bullshit.

05_costumes27.jpg

Give us the bottom left and we would have been fine.

Akuma looks like he always has in Tekken 7. The most different he's ever been is when he got those Paulie Walnuts wings in SF3.

Drahcir

Hey guys. I need an alt to my Karin. But I want a character that I can put the least amount of work to learn to get good at fast. In other words, the less work the better. Would that be Laura? Mika? Cammy?

Hey guys. I need an alt to my Karin. But I want a character that I can put the least amount of work to learn to get good at fast. In other words, the less work the better. Would that be Laura? Mika? Cammy?

Everyone should have a pocket Mika.

Can't beat your opponent through honest play? Bust out the pocket Mika.

cordy

Banned
Akuma looks like he always has in Tekken 7. The most different he's ever been is when he got those Paulie Walnuts wings in SF3.

Design-wise, partially due to Namco's graphics engine, Akuma looks the more legit he's ever looked. Very realistic and not only that but his character's true it seems. He's not "yarrrrr I'm sorta evil but really I'm not unless you wanna believe Ryu and all" like Capcom makes him in a lot of their fiction. T7 Akuma looks like he's a man saying "look, I'm here to do this favor, now you wanna throw down or get your ass beat without putting up a fight"?

Basically I'm saying from a character standpoint Akuma's doper than Capcom usually makes him. If Sakura were in Tekken, man, she's be a bit more serious and probably closer to her A2 character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom