• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have a code for M.Bison's battle costume from preordering the game on Amazon, for US PSN. If anyone wants to beat me in a best 3 out of 5 set with M.Bison, I'll give them the code. PM me your CFN ID.

Fuuuuuu- Why does my internet have to be so shitty right now. I actually use Bison and love the hell out of that outfit.

They've really messed up some designs in V (Ken, Alex).. glad to see that Boxer was fucking nailed... doesn't look like a joke and they made his default costume a variant of his first alt from SFIV which was godlike.

Yeah, I'm still disappointed about the lack of the true Alrx outfit, plus his weird ass leg in his stance.

They took that outfit for Balrog, and made it 100% so fucking good!

Raitaro

So the daytime variations are indeed a toggle option it seems, going by BornFree's video. I like this.

What I like even more is that these current ones are listed as Setting 1, meaning there could possibly be even more variations per stage coming later.

Happy happy joy joy!

What I like even more is that these current ones are listed as Setting 1, meaning there could possibly be even more variations per stage coming later.

Happy happy joy joy!
lBYwEDm.gif

Nuu

Banned
I want to buy this game on my PC. However, I have heard that the PS4 version is timed differently. Is that true? I want to play the game on my PC at home, and then go to locals where I'll be playing on the PS4s people bring in.

Skilletor

I want to buy this game on my PC. However, I have heard that the PS4 version is timed differently. Is that true? I want to play the game on my PC at home, and then go to locals where I'll be playing on the PS4s people bring in.

If you turn off vsync on the pc version, you get less input lag. Keep it on and the timing is the same.

If you tweak an .ini file you can change the timing on the PC version. By default it has the same 8f of input lag as PS4 though.

Nuu

Banned
Okay, so just to be sure I will notice no differences what so ever from playing the PC version compared to the PS4 version?

Edzi

Are they gonna patch the PC version then? What bullshit.

Why should they patch it? There's parity between both platforms unless you intentionally tamper with some files (or use a gsync monitor).

What they do need to look into though are the reports that legacy controllers have less delay.

jett

D-Member
Why should they patch it? There's parity between both platforms unless you intentionally tamper with some files (or use a gsync monitor).

What they do need to look into though are the reports that legacy controllers have less delay.

I was being facetious.

And do you really need to modify PC files to get less input delay? What I understood is that it was just that way "out of the box."

Edzi

I was being facetious.

And do you really need to modify PC files to get less input delay? What I understood is that it was just that way "out of the box."

Yeah, there's a lot of confusion on this point online, but it definitely requires you to turn off vsync (which requires either modifying files, or using a gsync monitor). Out of the box, the games run pretty much identically from everything I've seen.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I was being facetious.

You need to disable vsync in an .ini file if you want to eliminate the latency added by vsync. Not sure if there are other steps you can take.

I was playing un-vsynced for a while and it did feel a little snappier but I have since turned it back on and it didn't hurt my ability to play. (I'm still as middling as ever.)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing how much better the stages look when you remove all the ugly NPCs lol.

Gonna buy all of those new ones.

What's the deal with people standing in one spot and spamming low kick? I've come across 3 of these assholes.

grinding EXP

You still get EXP for losing. EXP is tied to LV which get you Fight Money every time you level up.

They are auto-firing LK.
LK is the confirm button, so they'll just go accept the next match automatically.

TBH, I have been thinking about doing this to unlock the level 50 colors, but realistically that would take ages.

mbpm1

What's the deal with people standing in one spot and spamming low kick? I've come across 3 of these assholes.

they're players who weighted down their light kick button so they accept all matches and go through them constantly to farm exp

Momentary

Banned
Wow.... this game. I just started playing after getting frustrated with the game 3 weeks ago and now there's more bullshit. Time to go back to Overwatch and wait for T7.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Wow.... this game. I just started playing after getting frustrated with the game 3 weeks ago and now there's more bullshit. Time to go back to Overwatch and wait for T7.

Is it just the online experience that's frustrating you?

Because I get frustrated with my performance all the time but the hideous bitch goddess that is Street Fighter holds me firmly in her thrall.

When those precious wins do come, ah, it's all worth it. All the cursing and anger and incredulity. All worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom