• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryce

Hakan

elho9Kg.jpg

Edit: Too late!

mattp

They said that was a design decision to make the fights seem more realistic in story mode as if it was a cutscene, you wouldn't have more than "one round".

Also, Hakan (slight redesign, changed pants to shorts, no "belt" across his body).

hakan.jpg

eh i dont know. maybe double the health bars or something then?
i feel like it needs tweaking. hopefully its better when released

mollipen

If anyone is watching Capcom's E3 stuff, I'll be in the editor's tournament this morning (should start around 10AM Pacific). I look like my avatar. *heh*

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
please dont tell me the fights in story mode are going to be as easy as they looked in that stream
it looked like the character story fights. 1 round, easy mode turned on

just make them regular best 2 of 3 matches dammit

It's 'story mode'. You'll get story and you will like it.

RK9039

Dumb logic. You could've gotten nearly 500 free points if you would've beaten him twice. I rekt platinum players both sets every chance I get. I beat a platinum Sim and Chun with my Laura. It's the best way to level up by beating players much higher ranked than you.

It's only a dumb logic if you play for points, I wanted to hurt him by not giving him the chance to redeem himself.

Momentary

Banned
Today in SF5: Vaguebook posts.

It wasn't vague. It was a response from I got in the previous page homey. I forgot to quote the person.

I just don't like to site there and have 3 back to back matches of someone botting for points by holding down the "A" button and walking away.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
please dont tell me the fights in story mode are going to be as easy as they looked in that stream
it looked like the character story fights. 1 round, easy mode turned on

just make them regular best 2 of 3 matches dammit

2 of 3 doesn't make sense if these are actual fights between characters outside of a tournament setting. It also wouldn't be any more fun than 1 round if the AI is as bad as it looks.

1 round is fine with me but they REALLY should allow you to select AI difficulty from 1 to 8. Maybe they aren't doing that because they have a standard arcade mode in the works, or maybe they're just dumb.

It wasn't vague. It was a response from I got in the previous page homey. I forgot to quote the person.

I just don't like to site there and have 3 back to back matches of someone botting for points by holding down the "A" button and walking away.

That can't possibly be your typical experience with the game.

FluxWaveZ

GGs, Shadow_Lord.

Everyone does. Even Mika players secretly hate themselves.

Nah, man, she's awesome. There's the meme that Mika doesn't require thinking, but I think it's pretty ironic when it comes to a character with which you need to constantly be mind reading the opponent to succeed.

Actually, SF5's input lag is pretty similar to recent Tekken games. Around 7 frames.

Probably for similar reasons, too. Online.
But Tekken uses delay based netcode, not rollback.

And the fastest move in Tekken is 10 frames whereas SF's fastest moves come out in 3.

So the same application doesn't make sense.

Nah, man, she's awesome. There's the meme that Mika doesn't require thinking, but I think it's pretty ironic when it comes to a character with which you need to constantly be mind reading the opponent to succeed.

Ya see, now that you say that. Someone's gonna post that meme as a "counter argument."

Ya see, now that you say that. Someone's gonna post that meme as a "counter argument."
Don't worry man, I got you covered. Just for the record though, I'm not posting this as a counter argument. Now that people are learning how to deal with Mika, she's not that braindead of a character anymore. You actually have to use strategy to beat opponents.

bf1db0cb.jpg

VariantX

This editors tournament is really highlighting the need for two things in SFV, push to set buttons, and the ability to do button checks at the character select screen.

mollipen

should switched to Mika

I was actually thinking about that. *laughs* I feel terrible, because man I'm not usually that bad. I mean, I'm not great, but I can usually hold my own better that that.

I blame little practice against Rashid and too much Overwatch. XD

And is there an easier button test option? I have almost no local versus experience, so I didn't even realize.

I was actually thinking about that. *laughs* I feel terrible, because man I'm not usually that bad. I mean, I'm not great, but I can usually hold my own better that that.

And is there an easier button test option? I have almost no local versus experience, so I didn't even realize.

You select go back to menu instead of character select, and then you can test buttons before picking chars.

Neoxon

Any Rashids here on GAF? She could use the experience for future tournaments, & GAFers have to look out for each other.

I'd do it myself, but my Rashid is a bit rusty (I last played him during Beta 3).

mollipen

I really need to find local people in LA to play with. I desperately need to get past the "I'm sitting next to my opponent" jitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom