• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryce

I can't watch the footage right now, but I'm curious — do the story mode grunts have unique move sets with their own special moves, or are they just re-skinned playable characters?

Pompadour

I can't watch the footage right now, but I'm curious — do the story mode grunts have unique move sets with their own special moves, or are they just re-skinned playable characters?

They seem to have their own moves (or they share a pool of unique moves) but they haven't lived long enough to really display them.

My guess is all those Shadaloo henchmen detailed in the blog posts (Blade, etc.) will be in this story mode.

FluxWaveZ

BTW, there was a post on the r/streetfighter subreddit claiming that the recent maintenance has fixed the matchmaking issues, specifically the whole getting ranked with people leagues above/below you. Can anyone confirm if it really is "fixed"?

I would definitely believe this is the case after my recent experiences. I'm consistently being matched against opponents of my rank now, instead of always going against Bronze and Silver players.

Csr

I would definitely believe this is the case after my recent experiences. I'm consistently being matched against opponents of my rank now, instead of always going against Bronze and Silver players.

I am ultra plat and got matched with quite a few ultra bronze and silver players earlier, i am in Europe though maybe things are different in other regions.

FluxWaveZ

I am ultra plat and got matched with quite a few ultra bronze and silver players earlier, i am in Europe though maybe things are different in other regions.

I'm in Super Plat and I've been getting matched with way more Plats and Golds lately than in the past.

Though, shortly after my comment, I started getting Silvers again... Maybe I was just lucky.

Edit: I had posted this earlier. Might be because of a change:
Wow, matched against two opponents of my exact rank in a row. It's a miracle.

Edit: Wait... a third in a row; completely different player? What's going on, heh.

RK9039

Wow, I just a beat a platinum player and he didn't rage quit.

I stole his points and ran away. Man I'm so dirty.

rick-flair-strutting-3-4-13.gif

RK9039

I wanted him to feel the burn.

To be the man, you have to beat the man. WOOOH. I am not the man, so therefore I don't need to be beaten.

Kamek

FUCK this actual game. I never really understood the complaints before. I always got matches within a minute, and most of them had very little if any lag. I'm in the US East for reference. Since this update, EVERY single match I've played has lagged out.

what the ACTUAL fuck.

RK9039

FUCK this actual game. I never really understood the complaints before. I always got matches within a minute, and most of them had very little if any lag. I'm in the US East for reference. Since this update, EVERY single match I've played has lagged out.

what the ACTUAL fuck.

Welcome to the real world Neo, this is how the game has been for me since launch. Seriously, most players from another region than from my own (UK) lags really badly.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Got several matches of the appropriate league tonight (and lost most of them ;_;) but had to stop because of lag. Don't know if it was on my end or something bigger.

Edgeward

I got more people around my rank yesterday after maintenance but things weren't good connection wise. Granted the connections weren't good shortly before maintenance either.

i got more matches against higher ranks in casuals yesterday, less bronze. got games swiftly. only one point error.

it's fine like this for me if they can sustain it.

FluxWaveZ

Rage Quit Rankings: The characters that players who are most likely to rage quit play, in order:

1. Nash
2. Ken
3. Necalli
4. Ryu

This is regardless of league/skill.

Sigmaah

Rage Quit Rankings: The characters that players who are most likely to rage quit play, in order:

1. Nash
2. Ken
3. Necalli
4. Ryu

This is regardless of league/skill.

Spot on.

These fucking ppl keep quiting on me. Less rqs my ass.

2 ryus and a Ken quit on me just now. Lmfao!

Westlo

Got several matches of the appropriate league tonight (and lost most of them ;_;) but had to stop because of lag. Don't know if it was on my end or something bigger.

Running like absolute dog shit today.

Best part is that if they don't rematch the return to menu screen doesn't pop for another minute.

MetalGearSilly

Neo Member
When talking about input delay, some people seem to think it affects combos only and "SF5 combos are easy anyway so it's all fine."

I dunno if I've seen anyone talk about blocking and how the 8+frame delay affects that - cos I think it's a big deal.

Sometimes I play against average Bisons who I can easily bait into sweeping (you just walk towards them and it triggers them to sweep). But I still get hit even though I KNOW I can react fast enough to block that shit.

Same applies for fast projectiles while walking forward. I'm confident I can hold back in time to block them but nope. This hurts most against random EX moves such as Laura's/Mikas armours - turns the tide completely when you get hit by those.

Intentionally having this "feature" seems pretty illogical considering these moves come out so fast...FASTER than overheads which aren't affected as much by the delay. You need really fast reactions to block them and by adding the delay on purpose, I feel like I'm getting hit because the game is letting happen, not cos of my inability to react. One thing I really like about fighters is that you're responsible for your wins and losses. I can't say that's always the case with SF5 matches.

I wanted him to feel the burn.

To be the man, you have to beat the man. WOOOH. I am not the man, so therefore I don't need to be beaten.

Dumb logic. You could've gotten nearly 500 free points if you would've beaten him twice. I rekt platinum players both sets every chance I get. I beat a platinum Sim and Chun with my Laura. It's the best way to level up by beating players much higher ranked than you.

mattp

please dont tell me the fights in story mode are going to be as easy as they looked in that stream
it looked like the character story fights. 1 round, easy mode turned on

just make them regular best 2 of 3 matches dammit

please dont tell me the fights in story mode are going to be as easy as they looked in that stream
it looked like the character story fights. 1 round, easy mode turned on

just make them regular best 2 of 3 matches dammit
There is going to be an "extra" difficult mode that gets unlocked once you beat the story mode once. That might be along the lines of what you're looking for.
That difficulty also gives you 50k FM if you complete it, as compared to the regular story mode which gives 30k FM for completing it.

mattp

There is going to be an "extra" difficult mode that gets unlocked once you beat the story mode once. That might be along the lines of what you're looking for.
That difficulty also gives you 50k FM if you complete it, as compared to the regular story mode which gives 30k FM for completing it.

its just gonna be a huge bummer if the story mode is filled with fights similar to the character stories
just so unrewarding. i dont need it to be super hard, but at least something engaging, you know?
and its not like i'm asking for something that would require more work from capcom haha. just change the parameters to the fights to make them have more rounds

BlizzKrut

Banned
its just gonna be a huge bummer if the story mode is filled with fights similar to the character stories
just so unrewarding. i dont need it to be super hard, but at least something engaging, you know?
and its not like i'm asking for something that would require more work from capcom haha. just change the parameters to the fights to make them have more rounds

They said that was a design decision to make the fights seem more realistic in story mode as if it was a cutscene, you wouldn't have more than "one round".

Also, Hakan (slight redesign, changed pants to shorts, no "belt" across his body).

hakan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom