• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

I actually want to run into a dropper that I recognize so I can pretend to be AFK and drop just before he thinks he's getting a free win.

LakeEarth

Last time I ran into a dropper who I've faced before, he just DC'ed at the loading screen lol.
There's a platinum Bison player that does that to me every time because I beat him once when I was ultra silver and he lost like a billion points. I commend him for his memory.

If someone's sitting full screen and demanding that I move in, I teabag a few times and generally fuck around, animating my character for no reason other than to show that I know what you want from me.

Is this poor gamesmanship?

I have a scrubby FANG, and I can't even hit confirm. If you use Chun and lose to me 2-0, you deserved it. Whoever you are that just rage quit in casuals lol

Neoxon

Budget constraints screwed us out of a climbable cage V-Trigger for Vega. There were also a number of other rejected V-Skills & V-Triggers.

24_vskill05.jpg

Ochibi

How was the venue? What things do they have for the audience? Like food, games, booths, etc?

A cloakroom, three housemade arcades machine to play SFV, the program (very slick) and free/paid Red Bull (someone behind me paid, but someone in front of me got one for free).
Salle Wagram is great. You can see how it looks here

Trying to main Cammy like I did in SF4.

Does she pretty much have to be played as a rushdown character for success?

I can pull off so many moves as her in training and get a nice flow, but online people just come at me so fast I try and turtle to gather my thoughts and I can't catch a break

I do well against characters like dhalsim or fang but get someone with a good Ken who just rushes in and I'm screwed. Panic and start spamming whatever

This is why I wanted an arcade mode so I could just play for fun.

I win about 1 in every 3 or 4 matches and being stuck in bronze is just not fun

Edgeward

Trying to main Cammy like I did in SF4.

Does she pretty much have to be played as a rushdown character for success?

I can pull off so many moves as her in training and get a nice flow, but online people just come at me so fast I try and turtle to gather my thoughts and I can't catch a break

I do well against characters like dhalsim or fang but get someone with a good Ken who just rushes in and I'm screwed. Panic and start spamming whatever

This is why I wanted an arcade mode so I could just play for fun.

I win about 1 in every 3 or 4 matches and being stuck in bronze is just not fun

You can play her as a footsies char using her medium kick and punch and fish for attacks using st hp and buffering spiral arrow.

Obviously you want to rushdown and have good strings and frametraps. They increased her throw range by a lot compared to 4 so she doesn't right in the person's face.

The problems you are having is just adjusting to the new system because a lot of normals are + on block or are deceptively negative like Ken's v-skill run

rec0ded1

These RQers man. It should save the replay or at least who you fought last so you can remember the name at least.

Edit: got him again I see you viciousjordan

I agree with a lot of people in the comments, which is to say while the concept is super awesome, I can't really see Vega being able to use the wire mesh actually having any practical use.

Conversely the rose is not nearly as cool but has useful applications.

Maybe have it be his v-skill so you could choose if you want dives to go off of the wall or the cage?

rec0ded1

Feels like connections took a dump. Been time travelling in matches for the last few minutes. Fraudulent 15 win streak thanks to being pitted against the same player that seems to have all his buttons on turbo too.

Edzi

It's fine on my end. A little magic every once in a while but nothing at all to complain.

Do you not play ranked much? There's no way you're just Silver, your spacing is perfection and you're generally playing better than most Gold ranks I've fought.

Edgeward

Do you not play ranked much? There's no way you're just Silver, your spacing is perfection and you're generally playing better than most Gold ranks I've fought.

I stopped playing ranked like a month ago. Just casuals and lounges. The rage quits are far less frequent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom