• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgeward

Well, I still have a long ways to go. My set-ups are very basic and my execution wavers. I can't go from one punish to a set-up immediate like the guy in the lobby yet

Edzi

Who's BukkakeCakes again? I have a feeling we're going to get wrecked with the entire cast.

Well, I still have a long ways to go. My set-ups are very basic and my execution wavers. I can't go from one punish to a set-up immediate like the guy in the lobby yet

Your spacing seems to be enough to win most matches with me, especially since I don't really have any matchup experience with Vega so I'm not sure when my turn begins. I should probably play you more often.

Edgeward

Who's BukkakeCakes again? I have a feeling we're going to get wrecked with the entire cast.

Your spacing seems to be enough to win most matches with me, especially since I don't really have any matchup experience with Vega so I'm not sure when my turn begins. I should probably play you more often.

Don't attack after st mp claw. It's a true combo with cr mp

Edgeward

I would join if it's not full but I just cant find the lounge :/

Capcoms search engine for lounges sucks

It was full. The Gold player left due to a connection error. So it's 3 of us for now. You can try now. and see

That is me sir.

Should be a spot now, as I got disconnected. I'm about to eat anyway.

GGs, Too bad we couldn't finish the last round. Would've liked at least one win from you lol

It was full. The Gold player left due to a connection error. So it's 3 of us for now. You can try now. and see

GGs, Too bad we couldn't finish the last round. Would've liked at least one win from you lol
Yeah I hate the Mika vs Vega matchup and it's something I really want to work on. I'm definitely down to play in the future.

Whales

Banned
Nah, the matchup is fine. I'm making mistakes and you're punishing me every time.

it just feels like you aren't using all of cammy's tools vs ryu, for example her vtrigger cannon arrow thingy goes thru hadokens but you never almost never activate it

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
GG's to whoever I played with my trash Alex. Had to jump off, wife straight up yelling at me about nonsense. Fuck married life sometimes.

Whales

Banned
GGs Xeteh, if you want some tips I could tell you that you should use cammy's vtrigger everytime you have the chance, it makes her moves so much better and stronger ( and safer? not sure about it)

also I don't know why once you'd get me in a corner you'd just start walking away to let me out of it, you should keep trying to pressure me at that point

Xeteh

it just feels like you aren't using all of cammy's tools vs ryu, for example her vtrigger cannon arrow thingy goes thru hadokens but you never almost never activate it

I'm too used to trying to combo in to her vtrigger. I almost never activate it raw. I know I can make better choices but once I'm in a match I stop remembering ways to improve.

GGs Xeteh, if you want some tips I could tell you that you should use cammy's vtrigger everytime you have the chance, it makes her moves so much better and stronger ( and safer? not sure about it)

also I don't know why once you'd get me in a corner you'd just start walking away to let me out of it, you should keep trying to pressure me at that point

For sure. Thanks, there were times when I knew your block string was going to end with a throw but I never reacted in time. You're right though. My pressure it awful, its something I'm bad at and I'm still trying to learn.

GGs.

Who went to PAX? I watched Arutro and KBrad duke it out, and since I had no idea what the former looked like, I was like "who the fuck is this sick Sim player" for a solid five minutes until I was corrected.

Also, during their set, KBrad looked at me getting whooped against a great Karin. I'd love to blame my execution errors and shitty gameplay on the pad, but it really can't take all the credit for my horribleness.

hamchan

I'm glad that Infiltration and Tokido have met three times in a row during major finals with Infiltration winning all three.

Consistency in the results shows the legitimacy of the game to have the most skilled player come out on top.

Quesa

I'm glad that Infiltration and Tokido have met three times in a row during major finals with Infiltration winning all three.

Consistency in the results shows the legitimacy of the game to have the most skilled player come out on top.

I don't know that Tokido winning would have made the game seem inconsistent or random or something. If Tokido had won you could say he got better at adapting or got used to Infiltration's style. He's definitely had enough experience against him to do so.

Now, if someone who'd qualified to get in would have made their way to the top (not that that wouldn't be a huge achievement!) or if every tournament thus far had both varied winners and top 8s, then yeah, that might be a bit worrying. But it's early enough that you could chalk even that up to people not knowing the game well. But that the same people seem to be doing well is a good sign for now, yeah.

What does that matter?

Your adorning Infil the best by default? Tokido winning doesn't change the legitimacy of the game.

Player that wins that day is the most skillfull that day. If tokido wins 3 in a row after this, what does that mean too you? Not legitimate because Infil is the most skillfull to you?

hamchan

I don't know that Tokido winning would have made the game seem inconsistent or random or something. If Tokido had won you could say he got better at adapting or got used to Infiltration's style. He's definitely had enough experience against him to do so.

Now, if someone who'd qualified to get in would have made their way to the top (not that that wouldn't be a huge achievement!) or if every tournament thus far had both varied winners and top 8s, then yeah, that might be a bit worrying. But it's early enough that you could chalk even that up to people not knowing the game well. But that the same people seem to be doing well is a good sign for now, yeah.

What does that matter?

Your adorning Infil the best by default? Tokido winning doesn't change the legitimacy of the game.

Player that wins that day is the most skillfull that day. If tokido wins 3 in a row after this, what does that mean too you? Not legitimate because Infil is the most skillfull to you?

Sigh, guys I'm not saying the game is less legitimate if Tokido wins. I think you totally got the wrong meaning of my post and are now acting hostile when I totally didn't mean at all what you're saying. I'm actually a Tokido fan, I was rooting for him!

Just delete the part where I said "with Infiltration winning all three". All I meant is that it's great the same players can still rise above the pack consistently in this new game.

kasane

im kinda giving up on this game

i have loads of fucking problems with it. My fps sometimes suddenly locks to 30 when my pc isnt even throttling, stick suddenly stops working when its perfectly fine, random ass crashes, the netcode is really bad unless i lock it to 5 bars but mm takes super long.

SSReborn

i have loads of fucking problems with it. My fps sometimes suddenly locks to 30 when my pc isnt even throttling, stick suddenly stops working when its perfectly fine, random ass crashes, the netcode is really bad unless i lock it to 5 bars but mm takes super long.

Not sure about the PC specific issues but I say give it till at least the patch that's releasing this week with regard to the matchmaking and networking stuff.

hamchan

Turn V-sync off and see if that helps with the 30 FPS issue.

KingBroly

Banned

Make sure your v-synch isn't set to half refresh rate in your control panel.

I still haven't gotten a noodle hat or been noodle'd on.

I swore it was confirmed removed. A friend didn't believe me, let me hit him into the wall and haha it appeared! I hope more stuff like that and transitions get patched in, the waterfall level is screaming to have a transition to the right.

I swore it was confirmed removed. A friend didn't believe me, let me hit him into the wall and haha it appeared! I hope more stuff like that and transitions get patched in, the waterfall level is screaming to have a transition to the right.
I think every level had a planned transition. The cave in waterfall stage, the bathroom in london, the subway/passage in hilltop stage, the entrance to the base to the right of shadaloo.

SFV had a great presence at PAX. They had a 'normal' booth on the expo floor where you could play, and in the e-sports area, they had a stage where the invitational tournament was being played, a spectator area, and right behind the spectators, a big bay of freeplay stations - PS4s with TES+ sticks. Playing SFV with a tourney and hype commentary a few feet away - what is better than that? It took all of my strength not to just spend my whole day there.

DjugKP2l.jpg

93AzegEl.jpg

L7WhTPTl.jpg

There was also a SFV tournament in the console area on Friday which I wasn't able to check out, and daily SFV tournaments on a SFV-fitted cab in the classic arcade. Classic arcade also was hosting MKX and SFA3 (!) tourneys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom