• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mœbius

Article about why Red Bull Kumite was such a great event. My favourite bit:
For starters, the stream station had every color unlocked for every character. When we reached out to Rachid Koga, the event's main behind-the-scenes man, he informed us that they had one staff member play through Survival Mode on each difficulty to attain said colors.

Those of us who have ground through Survival Mode, even for just our favorite character, know the struggle that is beating all 50 levels of the Hard difficulty. What a testament this was to the amount of effort the organizers were willing to put in to make their event just that much more entertaining.

Sadly, more often than not we saw the competitors choose either color one or two for their characters. Still, the unsung individual who put in all this work is the true hero of RBK 2016, I think we all would agree on that.

The hero SFV deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

I swore it was confirmed removed. A friend didn't believe me, let me hit him into the wall and haha it appeared! I hope more stuff like that and transitions get patched in, the waterfall level is screaming to have a transition to the right.

Yes, the transitions are the best! I was hoping Guiles' stage would have them, but judging from the hype I'm guessing not.

The real MVP...

Beating character who aren’t you main on Hard mode is a pain, heck, even with your main it’s a pain. Seriously, put in work. Hopefully by next year, all colors are unlocked at all events. I know I personally feel out of place if I can’t pick by dark brown Ken.

I was gonna say when I saw Black Chun that I can't believe that someone actually went through survival to unlock the colors. They're the real winner of this tourney.

Damn, they even bought the FM store exclusive colors?
Well, if they're doing survival up to hard with all the characters then getting colours 1-13 is to be expected. Don't think color 14-15 was accessible though as that requires the character level to be 25 and 50 respectively.

Who isn't?!

Maybe not if you play Ken/Bison.

I'm a Ken player who was using Ryu just because he's easier to play ranked with... and I'm excited for Guile.

Pffftt I unlocked all the colours too. It was no biggie. Took me only 10 minutes or less.

I cannot seem to find the best "method" for doing this anywhere... google is not helping. Perhaps you could PM me some details about how to get it working?

Guile release date today perhaps? Although at this point they're probably just saving it for the stream.

Guile is going to be Thursday, I'd wager.
Alex was the last Thursday of March, so Guile being the last Thursday of April makes sense to me.

Pejo

So I got my Hori FC4 over the weekend, and after about a half hour of banging my head against a wall to get it to work on PC, I put some time in with it. Being able to reliably do throws is a godsend, and has already helped out a ton. I used to map my jabs to the shoulder buttons so it was always a crapshoot if I could get them both pressed at the same time. I went 7/10 on matches which is way better than my average.

I'm starting to definitely see that my biggest weakness as Necalli is when someone turtles and just punishes my approach. I tend to do much better when I'm either on the defensive or when the person I'm playing against is trying a rushdown strategy. I've gotten pretty solid at anti-airing but most of Necalli's big damage combos are from a jump-in too, so I'm eating just as many anti-airs.

That said, I am REALLY not looking forward to Guile. He's basically built to ruin me. Doubly so if the recovery on his booms is fast, as eating fireballs with Disc's Guidance is one of my favorite tools to get in on opponents.

Cammy definitively needs a buff after spending time on her. Her corner pressure sucks for a character that is suppose be a rush down character with only two crush counter with one of them whiffing if to close and loosing to jabs/short. And lol her Dive Kick hitbox.

Skilletor

Cammy definitively needs a buff after spending time on her. Her corner pressure sucks for a character that is suppose be a rush down character with only two crush counter with one of them whiffing if to close and loosing to jabs/short. And lol her Dive Kick hitbox.

She's fine. I don't need a crush counter when my buttons are awesome and my hp is 7 frames.

I mean, I wouldn't mind buffs, but I feel like the changes people want to make to cammy would make her pretty broken.

She's fine. I don't need a crush counter when my buttons are awesome and my hp is 7 frames.

I mean, I wouldn't mind buffs, but I feel like the changes people want to make to cammy would make her pretty broken.
Personally I'd either give her an air throw or slightly buff the advantage/lessen the disadvantage for 2 or 3 normals.

Can't hooligan air throw?
I believe it only works on standing opponents. And even if it does air throw, it'd have to be done prematurely while the opponent is in the air, not something you can do on reaction (probably why I'm so unsure as to whether it air throws).

Shito

She has the best corner pressure tool of the whole game: her walking speed.
She's more than fine.

She has the best corner pressure tool of the whole game: her walking speed.
She's more than fine.
This is true though. While Bison can pressure you with insane normals and Necalli can keep mixing things up, Cammy can make you doubt every action while you're in the corner because of that move speed and essentially be in control of the situation.

Deps

She doesn't need anything. Shes already top tier.

Mr. X

All the bad Cammy's forget about her throw. Everyone is willing to eat her throw because her CH combos do a ton of stun and damage. If they tech your throws, shimmy or work on frame traps.

Like jab throw then jab HP

Nyoro SF

Cammy's cr.MP needs to be 4 frames so she has a frame trap that works reliably against counter reversal jabs instead of being forced to link backwards into st.LP / st.LK to harass people, since no one cares if they get hit by those moves at far range

That's pretty much all I'd ask for, other than maybe small quality of life fixes to some irritating things, like...

Spin Knuckle should push back less on hit
EX Cannon Strike on hit should knock the opponent slightly farther forward so you don't have the opponent crossing you over four times while they're spinning
Vertically increase the hitbox in both directions for the Critical Art so it's less likely to whiff in weird spots like the corner

As for extra moves or such, I have no idea what they could give her that wouldn't break her. Though it is a bit demoralizing that so many characters have overheads and command grabs in this game and she's just kinda left there lol.

Spin Knuckle should push back less on hit

Vertically increase the hitbox in both directions for the Critical Art so it's less likely to whiff in weird spots like the corner

Why? Follow ups on Spin Knuckle hit are more than gracious enough for her to do her business.

Her CA doesn't really need what you're asking for here either. You just have to be aware of which button you using per where the character is. It hits just fine if you aware of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom