• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
ken_battle.jpg

Begging for a Garcia alt.

KingBroly

Banned
Capcom really should allow for fan mods in the PS4 version. Such a wasted opportunity.

They'd have to add Steam Workshop support first. I HATE having to switch costumes outside of the game. I'd rather just have them available all the time. I don't know how PS4 would even handle it.

Today's update was rather lackluster. Stuff we already know, and the prices are still ridiculous. They don't even have bundles.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, quick poll: Gameplaywise, what character has the worst design in the game?

To me it's Alex by far. He feels like they ran out of ideas on what to give him, so they had to make a few small things amazing and that's what his whole game revolves around now. He's boring to watch and boring to play against.
Or maybe his specials were too good at some point and that's how we ended up with this version.

I would probably put Cammy 2nd for similar reasons, but she atleast plays neutral with more than one button and her air game can be interesting.

Edzi

To me it's Alex by far. He feels like they ran out of ideas on what to give him, so they had to make a few small things amazing and that's what his whole game revolves around now. He's boring to watch and boring to play against.

I would probably put Cammy 2nd for similar reasons, but she atleast plays neutral with more than one button and her air game can be interesting.

I'm not sure I'd agree with Alex, since he seems to have plenty of options to mix things up with.

It's probably Mika for me though, since I think her gameplan just doesn't mesh very well with the rest of the game which makes her uniquely frustrating to fight against. She just doesn't feel like she was designed for Street Fighter.

They'd have to add Steam Workshop support first. I HATE having to switch costumes outside of the game. I'd rather just have them available all the time. I don't know how PS4 would even handle it.

Today's update was rather lackluster. Stuff we already know, and the prices are still ridiculous. They don't even have bundles.

If they hadn't put up a blog reiterating that the update was coming next week, you'd still complain lol

Or maybe his specials were too good at some point and that's how we ended up with this version.

I think Alex is super exciting to watch. He has a ton of tools, some that are SUPER high risk, but when pulled off make for some insane moments. Cammy, i'll fully agree with you.

If I had to say which character is the worst, gameplay-wise, its probably going to be FANG. I just don't feel he has enough tools in any one area (zoning, mix-ups, or rushdown) to really get the job done. It feels like they really hindered him due to how strong his poison may have perceived to have been, but we really don't see the result of that.

I'm also not a fan of Mika's design because of how crippling it feels to be hit by it. I'm all for creating situations to make your opponent having to respond to you. But Mika can keep you in situation that is positive for her for way too long after a single touch. She can get multiple wake-up mixup opportunities off of a single hit, which is where she excels at. Just don't think its fair to keep a player in a disadvantageous state for that long a period of time is okay.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
See, I love the idea of FANG, they just need to change him up a bit. The poison should be much more of a threat. You should be scared to get poisoned and not be able to get rid of it.

Edzi

See, I love the idea of FANG, they just need to change him up a bit. The poison should be much more of a threat. You should be scared to get poisoned and not be able to get rid of it.

Yup, I've been thinking this too. Either make his poison actually do real damage, or make it give FANG's moves different properties when the opponent is poisoned (like getting Counter hits if the opponent is poisoned, etc.)

I've always felt the poison should be stackable. I'm okay with the poison depleting health at the rate it does, but for a single stack.

Poison should be forcing me to react to it. Poison just doesn't do enough damage on its own to do that. But if it were stacking, it completely changes the tune of his zoning game.

Soulstar

I seem to have a more positive impression of the costumes than a lot of people but I love a lot of the Premium costumes in the game. I definitely think that Capcom has a pretty good start on the costume front.

Love:Karin, Laura, Ryu, Chun-Li, Cammy, Zangief, R. Mika, Guile, Dhalsim
Neutral: Ibuki, Birdie, Rashid, Nash, Bison, F.A.N.G
Hate:Alex, Necalli, Vega, Ken

I seem to have a more positive impression of the costumes than a lot of people but I love a lot of the Premium costumes in the game. I definitely think that Capcom has a pretty good start on the costume front.

Love:Karin, Laura, Ryu, Chun-Li, Cammy, Zangief, R. Mika, Guile, Dhalsim
Neutral: Ibuki, Birdie, Rashid, Nash, Bison, F.A.N.G
Hate:Alex, Necalli, Vega, Ken

Necalli's metal band alt is amazing!!!

RedAssedApe

Banned
seriously though...who modeled ken and thought he'd look cool with that haircut and outfit? its like someone made this and the rest didn't want to hurt his feelings so just said nothing.

I don't actually participate in Street Fighter V at all, but I'm hoping you guys can help me find a video I saw about a week ago on tumblr.

It was three guys, professional players I believe, playing SFV, one dude is playing Guile and throws out a projectile, which makes one of the other guys say something along the lines of "What's that going to do?" This is proceeded by Guile jumping over and getting the win with a low kick because the guy was so distracted by the projectile.

Then they just start talking and eventually it devolves into the Guile player saying "What do it do" over and over. It was hilarious but I didn't bother to save it.

Pompadour

I don't actually participate in Street Fighter V at all, but I'm hoping you guys can help me find a video I saw about a week ago on tumblr.

It was three guys, professional players I believe, playing SFV, one dude is playing Guile and throws out a projectile, which makes one of the other guys say something along the lines of "What's that going to do?" This is proceeded by Guile jumping over and getting the win with a low kick because the guy was so distracted by the projectile.

Then they just start talking and eventually it devolves into the Guile player saying "What do it do" over and over. It was hilarious but I didn't bother to save it.

That sounds like Excellent Adventures with Gootecks and Mike Ross or Capcom Pro Talk with Mike Ross. I remember Mike saying that, definitely.

Edgeward

It wasn't Guile, it was Ibuki

https://youtu.be/L8ppu3RE3a4?t=53m21s

TheOGB

Banned

That's a clip from Capcom Pro Talk, featuring fighting game community member and host Mike "Mike Ross" Ross (playing Laura), former tournament player and current Capcom employee Peter "Combofiend" Rosas (playing Ibuki), and FGC member and guest Ari "Floe" Weintraub.

That section can be found at this point in the full archive

According to Haunts a blog might be coming tomorrow:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFigh...unts_what_happened_to_increased_comms/d4kafor

I'm almost afraid to share this news because if the UNTHINKABLE happens and the blog is delayed for some reason (because delays are unheard of in the video game industry), I expect to see a new hate filled thread in GAF Gaming by noon tomorrow.

They didn't really do an update last week and I didn't complain. We got a look at Balrog, which was only from someone who went there.

Actually, Combofiend and Mike Ross did a playthrough of Story Mode which included Balrog.

Combofiend isn't "someone", he's Capcom.

So, yes, Capcom did do an update last week. It was called "E3".

Neoxon

They didn't really do an update last week and I didn't complain. We got a look at Balrog, which was only from someone who went there.
Actually, Capcom gave us an official look at Balrog on the Capcom Unity stream on the last day of E3. That was our update last week, & they made it clear that they would do another one after the craziness of E3 wrapped up (which is what happened with today's blog post & what will happen, tomorrow).

Bundles? What the heck, they have a season pass. There isn't even enough content to warrant bundles. You're literally complaining just for the sake of complaining. Not surprised that it comes from you though.

M3z_

Friend asked me to play some sessions a couple weeks back and had a good time so started playing ranked again afterwards. Made my way to super plat but now I'm at a pretty hard wall, I don't think I can get any further without getting in the 80%+ win rate, at 77-78 right now and those few losses just destroy point gain. I guess I have to wait until more point inflation occurs.

Sim is such a legit versatile character, so much different than SFIV.

KingBroly

Banned
Bundles? What the heck, they have a season pass. There isn't even enough content to warrant bundles. You're literally complaining just for the sake of complaining. Not surprised that it comes from you though.

Maybe I just want to buy the costumes and don't want to pay $4 a piece for them. Clearly you didn't think about that even being a possibility.

TheOGB

Banned
I mean, the season pass has only been described as recieving the 6 DLC characters and their accompanying Battle Costumes, so having bundles for the rest would be nice, yeah

Maybe I just want to buy the costumes and don't want to pay $4 a piece for them. Clearly you didn't think about that even being a possibility.

The beauty of the fact that these are now going to be PSN/Steam store items instead of just in-game real money currency store items is that they are much more likely to hit DLC sales at some point (which has happened to many other games which offered cosmetic DLC). So if you're feeling salty about the initial price, just wait until it gets discounted at a price you feel is more agreeable.

So, what would a bundle even be? Guile + his premium costume? You can already get that plus all the other DLC characters if you just buy the season pass if the premiums carry that much weight with you. But there just ain't enough content to bundle yet.

Neoxon

Damn 4 dollars per costume is kind of pushing it...
I'd have to agree on that. Obviously, the Season Pass helps alleviate the issue a bit, but that's only for the DLC characters. Hopefully there's a bundle for the costumes that gives us a solid deal.

JayEH

Having to pay for stages at all is ridiculous especially ones where they just take out NPCs and change the time of day. It wouldn't be such an issue if it was easy to get Fight money but still waiting on those dailies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's weird they have this one thing (premium costumes) not buyable with FM. Just sell FM and let me get them with it, They would be 80k or something like that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom