• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Having to pay for stages at all is ridiculous especially ones where they just take out NPCs and change the time of day. It wouldn't be such an issue if it was easy to get Fight money but still waiting on those dailies.
Yeah, I feel like the Fight Money issue will be less of a problem once the Targets come out.

I think it's weird they have this one thing (premium costumes) not buyable with FM. Just sell FM and let me get them with it, They would be 80k or something like that anyway.
They made it clear from Day 1 that we had to pay for premium costumes. Would I enjoy having the option to use Fight Money for the premium costumes, certainly. But I suppose that Capcom needs guaranteed DLC money.

Palom

I keep getting matched up with some douche canoe named Jcstryfe. They've rage quit on me 4 times (edit: 5 times) now. Seems like a Platinum fraud, because I've beat their level 40-some Karin every time I've played them, and I'm on the low end of Gold. Oh yeah, and it's only casual matches.

Edit: Also, I just leveled up to 57 and got a message that said "Health and Wealth" and "Safety First" are available from the shop. What are these? I can't seem to find them. Nevermind, finally found them. They're titles.

Oh yeah, and it's only casual matches.
ouch. He really is a douche canoe.

PXWPg4m.jpg

Shamelessly stolen from reddit.

I beat all the story mode paths thus far and it hasn't unlocked Chun or Ryu? Anyone know why?

You mean in the store? That's cause you already have them. To apologize, Capcom gave everybody the Ryu and Chun story costume for free and gave Season Pass owners the Guile Air Force stage for free.

Alex is a super-faithful translation of his 3s Design.
I agree if we're talking animations. Only spiral DDT, b.HP and his mk+mp overhead are missing. He got pretty much everything else and his moves feel really meaty. Unfortunately Capcom scored at 3/10 at best with his outfits. Not even Ken got hit as badly as Alex did in that department.

Pompadour

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!
9886c8dbdbb45a027f16f62ea29b554c.jpg

I really don't get what they were going for with that Alex outfit. He looks like he's wearing something out of White Men Can't Jump but he's barefoot for some reason. Also, why is his compression shorts like 3 times as long as his trunks? Is Alex wearing the trunks of some flyweight boxer?

Sneakers and regular basketball shorts would have made that outfit so much better.

lupinko

The beauty of the fact that these are now going to be PSN/Steam store items instead of just in-game real money currency store items is that they are much more likely to hit DLC sales at some point (which has happened to many other games which offered cosmetic DLC). So if you're feeling salty about the initial price, just wait until it gets discounted at a price you feel is more agreeable.

So, what would a bundle even be? Guile + his premium costume? You can already get that plus all the other DLC characters if you just buy the season pass if the premiums carry that much weight with you. But there just ain't enough content to bundle yet.

Yeah that's what I did, I basically saw the Season Pass as 6 premium costumes and 670,000 FM prespent.

I didn't mind spending that money because the game only cost me $10 (thanks Amazon!).

vg260

Bundles? What the heck, they have a season pass. There isn't even enough content to warrant bundles. You're literally complaining just for the sake of complaining. Not surprised that it comes from you though.

They could offer a 16-character premium costume bundle for the base 16 characters, and also packs of 4: two 4 returning character sets, an alpha set, & new character set.

$4 each separately with no other option is horrible pricing. Worst of any fighting game for what you get. The SFV model does not excuse this given the paltry initial offering.

Maybe they think they will make more money if people only pick up one or two, but charging $4 per costume with no bundles is gross and they lose a lot of good will from those who supported them previously in terms of cosmetic DLC. As someone who bought every costume in their previous games (for multiple systems even), and would have no issue doing so again, they're getting nothing from me at $4 a piece. I had no problem buying the season pass too.

The Road to Platinum is very difficult. You lose so many points to Golds and even super Golds.
Win 5 in a row lose it all to a Gold Fang. Much respect to those that don't lose any matches lol.

LakeEarth

I both want to show this to my friend who's an Alex main, and don't at the same time.

I do like how you can string 4 positive moves in a row with this trick (f.HP -> s.mp -> EX stomp -> s.HP). It's frame trap after frame trap after frame trap!

Though the last frame trap wouldn't work against those with 3-frame jabs.

I don't like the idea of using this with regular stomps for any character with a decent 4 frame light. Seems like an unneeded risk. EX headbutt mixup is probably worth the risk when their stunbar is halfway filled.

I really don't get what they were going for with that Alex outfit. He looks like he's wearing something out of White Men Can't Jump but he's barefoot for some reason. Also, why is his compression shorts like 3 times as long as his trunks? Is Alex wearing the trunks of some flyweight boxer?

Sneakers and regular basketball shorts would have made that outfit so much better.

logo300.gif

4 is alot for a costume but i already knew they were going to charge for those. i have no plans to buy any of those right now. the guile one isn't so bad, it just bothers me on the fight select screen that i stopped caring for the in-game version. nash has one of the better ones.

Ryce

The only costumes I'd ever consider buying are classic looks for Balrog (hopefully it's just his story alt), Alex, and Ibuki, and maybe a traditional pro-wrestling costume for Alex.

lupinko

For the premium costumes, I think Capcom may have gotten some idea from Namco. For Tekken 7 the past year and till now until FR in a couple of weeks (since Namco is overhauling the customization on Tekken-net due to player complaints and suggestions), to buy the premium customizations, I say customizations and not just costumes (some costumes are split up into seqments for example while others are whole outfits), it would cost about 300 Banacoins or ¥324 yen each. So while Lili's gothic Lolita dress is one complete outfit, for Lars to get his unique street wear and visor that's actually three separate parts (upper body, lower body, glasses). Also you cannot simply select these for purchase, you are actually randomized lotto tickets for said items. Just to give some perspective on the matter from the Tekken side of things.

And unless these items are added into the rotation, they still as premium items and some are seasonal only premium items too.

For example, unless they decide to bring them back, if you didn't get the premium idol master stuff for the ladies, then you missed out period.

For the premium costumes, I think Capcom may have gotten some idea from Namco. For Tekken 7 the past year and till now until FR in a couple of weeks (since Namco is overhauling the customization on Tekken-net due to player complaints and suggestions), to buy the premium customizations, I say customizations and not just costumes (some costumes are split up into seqments for example while others are whole outfits), it would cost about 300 Banacoins or ¥324 yen each. So while Lili's gothic Lolita dress is one complete outfit, for Lars to get his unique street wear and visor that's actually three separate parts (upper body, lower body, glasses). Also you cannot simply select these for purchase, you are actually randomized lotto tickets for said items. Just to give some perspective on the matter from the Tekken side of things.

And unless these items are added into the rotation, they still as premium items and some are seasonal only premium items too.

For example, unless they decide to bring them back, if you didn't get the premium idol master stuff for the ladies, then you missed out period.
At this point, I'd be glad if they just release some good premium costumes.
Don't really think they'll go for that piece by piece customization as Tekken seems to have. Though I wouldn't mind it if it's done well.

kirblar

Alex's stuff is '90s gymwear taken to an extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom