• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm going to miss seeing diamond ranks loosing 350lp to a random silver player.

Beating Ultra Silver and Gold players who were either drunk, tired, or watching me teleport all over the screen while I thought everything was peachy was the only way I got to Silver in the first place. RIP my progress.

Zerojul

Beating Ultra Silver and Gold players who were either drunk, tired, or watching me teleport all over the screen while I thought everything was peachy was the only way I got to Silver in the first place. RIP my progress.

Playing drunk is my secret weapon though, that's when I'm at my best :p

Seriously, being matched with more players close to my LP would be sweet. It seems it was a bit better for me on that end since last maintenance though.

Playing drunk is my secret weapon though, that's when I'm at my best :p

Seriously, being matched with more players close to my LP would be sweet. It seems it was a bit better for me on that end since last maintenance though.
They just released a new blog where they said they apparently fixed matchmaking. You should get matches faster and close to your rank next week.

LakeEarth

Matchmaking for me is just really inconsistent. This morning during what you'd expect to be a slow time (7-8am EST) I was getting a match every minute. Then at night, when you'd expect things to pick up, I'd wait until the second title screen song finished. Sometimes you'll have a good half hour of fast matches, then a sudden stop. There's no consistency.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

You can still hoodwink people for their lp. You'll just have to do it more often now. Assuming this patch actually does what they say it will.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Controls were locked the whole match because this shit popped up as soon as the "Another fight is coming your way" thing appeared. GG Capcpom.

IRdW50y.png

"Japanese Netizens" follow "American date standards"

OK then.

EDIT: Actually, I'm an idiot. Japanese do the Y/M/D format. Forgot for some reason.

Hyun Sai

Matchmaking being sped up would bring me back.

Playing SFV online consisted of not actually playing 80% of the time.

Same here, I was closer to 90% though.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying another MP game where I'm actually way more playing than waiting.

Pompadour

I better not connect with anyone outside of the US after this when setting the limit to 4-5. Or with against lag switchers. And still no word on the Rollback exploit and Rage Quiiters. WannaSeeMyKungFu is now at 12000LP .

How would the 4-5 setting affect lag switchers? The whole point to lag switching is that they can suddenly cause lag to that player's advantage. They would still show up if they weren't using it when you searched for them (and why would they?).

How would the 4-5 setting affect lag switchers? The whole point to lag switching is that they can suddenly cause lag to that player's advantage. They would still show up if they weren't using it when you searched for them (and why would they?).

I just want the ping be based on matches instead of being based of their actual ping outside the game.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Have they implemented some of that stuff? I had two five bar matches today that were really rollbacky. I hope that's not their solution lol

HardRojo

That blog post mentions they have more stuff to share regarding next week's update. I wonder if they'll finally release a proper solution for ragequitting and address some minor stuff like character/stage theme toggle and saving training mode settings.

Edzi

That blog post mentions they have more stuff to share regarding next week's update. I wonder if they'll finally release a proper solution for ragequitting and address some minor stuff like character/stage theme toggle and saving training mode settings.

And hopefully a toggle for stage NPCs. The fact that they turned them off for the alt stages makes me think they're aware of the demand for a toggle.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Anyone else going to be at CEO this weekend? I've got SF5 pools first thing Saturday morning, UMvC3 in the afternoon, and will be found playing Puyo Puyo Tetris in the arcade during much of the rest of the weekend, when I'm not streaming after-hours matches from my hotel room.

Producer

I better not connect with anyone outside of the US after this when setting the limit to 4-5. Or with against lag switchers. And still no word on the Rollback exploit and Rage Quiiters. WannaSeeMyKungFu is now at 12000LP .

Lol i played WannaSeeMyKungFu.

Bopped him in the Chun mirror

Xeteh

Anyone else going to be at CEO this weekend? I've got SF5 pools first thing Saturday morning, UMvC3 in the afternoon, and will be found playing Puyo Puyo Tetris in the arcade during much of the rest of the weekend, when I'm not streaming after-hours matches from my hotel room.

I keep wanting to import Puyo Puyo Tetris. That game looks so amazing.

Pompadour

I just want the ping be based on matches instead of being based of their actual ping outside the game.

Does any game do that and I'm just unaware? I don't even know how useful collecting the average ping of a player and then connecting you to them based on that info would be. That doesn't tell you anything about how your connection to them would play out.

I doubt there's a ton of lag switchers playing this game. What you're likely running into is people playing on Wi-Fi which would explain the dips in ping quality. Unless Sony allows Capcom to somehow patch out being able to play SFV online over Wi-Fi then this problem isn't likely to be fixed.

MrCarter

I just love how on EventHubs there are flame bait articles to elicit "flame" wars and outrage in their comments section. The latest being Diego allegedly saying he doesn't know if SFV will be played next year when he himself is a fan of the game and likes it better than SFIV. There are some really insecure and pathetic people literally grasping at straws to attack this game.

Edzi

I just love how on EventHubs there are flame bait articles to elicit "flame" wars and outrage in their comments section. The latest being Diego allegedly saying he doesn't know if SFV will be played next year when he himself is a fan of the game and likes it better than SFIV. There are some really insecure and pathetic people literally grasping at straws to attack this game.

They may be desperate and pathetic, but it feels like those are the people who are setting the general tone for this game and any discussion around it.

What game would be played then? There's no other game to take its place. What a stupid thing for them to say.

jett

D-Member
Finally made silver the other day. Not sure if there's been an influx of newbs or if it's just the unstoppable MIKA FACTOR.

BTW is there added input lag when going windowed mode versus full-screen on PC?

why do people still go to eventhubs. Might as well use twitter, thats where they get all their info from anyways

True. Shoyruken is even prone to clickbait, as they posted a thing about Balrog with "new footage"...expect it's the same footage but with his SF2 theme layered on Within the article itself, they say something to the effect of "there's nothing new".

C'mon son.

C'mon.

True. Shoyruken is even prone to clickbait, as they posted a thing about Balrog with "new footage"...expect it's the same footage but with his SF2 theme layered on Within the article itself, they say something to the effect of "there's nothing new".

C'mon son.

C'mon.

yep last time I go on SRK lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom