• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmaah

True. Shoyruken is even prone to clickbait, as they posted a thing about Balrog with "new footage"...expect it's the same footage but with his SF2 theme layered on Within the article itself, they say something to the effect of "there's nothing new".

C'mon son.

C'mon.

They did you GRITTY son.

LMFAO!

Edgeward

Alright GAF, I'm ready for my YouTube debut!
Gimme some pointers, observations, etc. and thanks again for watching!

My Ryu Vs Random Bronze Laura during my work lunch break

Little background. 33 year old with two kids and a full-time job, so I'm trying to put in the work at SFV when I can (^____^)

You threw a lot of hurricane kicks and sweeps as your main attacks in neutral. Against a better player or just one that blocks more will be able to punish you with a sweep or decent combo

You also use the gut punch as a poking tool, you should be using cr medium kick or st mk instead.

Mashing lights when on defensive will a be good way for your opponent to set you up for some crush combos or frame traps. Blocking is fine sometimes.

If you use fireballs one after another as soon as it's available, you make your patterns predictable and easy to avoid against better players. You will need to show restrain sometimes and mixup the timings so they can't easily make their way and get a full combo on you.

It's gonna be hard to incorporate these until you fight better players because trying these on at the beginning against similar new/rookie players, you won't find having as much success as you are to believe but they are essential if you plan to get good.

And something to note, Laura's wheel kick thing is an overhead so you have to block high. And if you do block it is -7. This means any move that activates at 7 frames or faster will allow you to punish. So either be dragon punch or you can combo using cr mp/mk

Korezo

I don't play ranked because of the rage quits but people also rage quit on battle lounge in my own lobby. Why people hate to lose in this game?

You threw a lot of hurricane kicks and sweeps as your main attacks in neutral. Against a better player or just one that blocks more will be able to punish you with a sweep or decent combo

You also use the gut punch as a poking tool, you should be using cr medium kick or st mk instead.

Mashing lights when on defensive will a be good way for your opponent to set you up for some crush combos or frame traps. Blocking is fine sometimes.

If you use fireballs one after another as soon as it's available, you make your patterns predictable and easy to avoid against better players. You will need to show restrain sometimes and mixup the timings so they can't easily make their way and get a full combo on you.

It's gonna be hard to incorporate these until you fight better players because trying these on at the beginning against similar new/rookie players, you won't find having as much success as you are to believe but they are essential if you plan to get good.

And something to note, Laura's wheel kick thing is an overhead so you have to block high. And if you do block it is -7. This means any move that activates at 7 frames or faster will allow you to punish. So either be dragon punch or you can combo using cr mp/mk

Thx!

So what do you guys think are the most satisfying things in SFV/Street Fighter in general?

Mine would be conditioning an opponent and then using it to your advantage.

I was playing a ft10 with a friend who's a Ryu player and I was playing FANG. Every time I did my st.hk, he would do his 3-frame jab since it trades with my fastest move (st.hk is +1 on block and FANG's lights are minimum 4 framers).

Every single time he blocked, he would jab and a lot of times, so would I.

At the last round though, I did a st.hk then followed up with a CA, beating his jab and winning the game. It was soooo satisfying.

To further elaborate, the Hurricane kick spamming is a bad habit I need to break. I primarily use it to travel or get away most of the time now, but yeah, I could just do something else.
I def need to work on my poke game as well as some combos I can rely on instead of just being a mostly reactive/defensive player
Also, grabs still F me up sometimes as I cant get out guard breaks fast enough

...and i'm learning to play stick again

Csr

Finally made silver the other day. Not sure if there's been an influx of newbs or if it's just the unstoppable MIKA FACTOR.

BTW is there added input lag when going windowed mode versus full-screen on PC?

From what i understand for windowed mode, a different vsync method (a windows os one) is implemented which causes less lag than what amd and nvidia use.
At least that was the case for usfiv. I think it was around a 1-2 frame difference, i am having trouble finding the link right now.

Neoxon

Survival is a nightmare, but I'm getting pretty lucky with Matchmaking bailing me out at the perfect times.

Aaaaaand I jinxed it. Died at Stage 42 (Laura).

Alright GAF, I'm ready for my YouTube debut!
Gimme some pointers, observations, etc. and thanks again for watching!

My Ryu Vs Random Bronze Laura during my work lunch break

Little background. 33 year old with two kids and a full-time job, so I'm trying to put in the work at SFV when I can (^____^)

You play like a friend of mine and I don't really like the mentality of backing away constantly, you're basically moving out of your ideal range and resetting the game.
Also there really is no point in backing away> activate v-trigger> charge fireball, you're just wasting your v-trigger there; no super bronze and higher player is ever going to get hit by that.

Instead use vtrigger to make unsafe normals safe (like a blocked sweep) or in a combo for extra damage (easiest one is ryu's target combo, the last hit can be canceled with vtrigger into super).

Once, I swear to god, in 10 matches I had 8 "low" health recoveries. Fucking infuriating.
That's the most annoying part about it honestly. I can deal with the button reading CPU but when I have 25% health at the start of a round even though I have plenty of points to spend? That shits incredibly annoying.

Survival has been pretty easy for me, I don't really lose a run anymore unless it's with a character I know jack shit about (like dhalsim).

It basically comes down to just doing dumb stuff instead of trying to play against a human.
Like with chun you can effectively just sweep over and over again as long as you bait the cpu into walking forwards (which you can do by just whiffing a few cr lk/mks).

Also, always just pick attack up, and defense up if your health is low, only go for the health boost if it's medium or higher.

Zerojul

Survival has been pretty easy for me, I don't really lose a run anymore unless it's with a character I know jack shit about (like dhalsim).

It basically comes down to just doing dumb stuff instead of trying to play against a human.
Like with chun you can effectively just sweep over and over again as long as you bait the cpu into walking forwards (which you can do by just whiffing a few cr lk/mks).

Also, always just pick attack up, and defense up if your health is low, only go for the health boost if it's medium or higher.
I wish I had the same success with survival. But what I wish most is that it was shorter. I don't mind hard, I don't mind dumb, but I can't spend 1 hour with nothing to get out of it besides immense frustration. My gaming time is too rare and precious for that shit.

I just love how on EventHubs there are flame bait articles to elicit "flame" wars and outrage in their comments section. The latest being Diego allegedly saying he doesn't know if SFV will be played next year when he himself is a fan of the game and likes it better than SFIV. There are some really insecure and pathetic people literally grasping at straws to attack this game.

EH is cancer period

Does any game do that and I'm just unaware? I don't even know how useful collecting the average ping of a player and then connecting you to them based on that info would be. That doesn't tell you anything about how your connection to them would play out.

I doubt there's a ton of lag switchers playing this game. What you're likely running into is people playing on Wi-Fi which would explain the dips in ping quality. Unless Sony allows Capcom to somehow patch out being able to play SFV online over Wi-Fi then this problem isn't likely to be fixed.

Bungie banned players who lag switch in Halo 2. I'm sure there's a way. Lag Switching is rare for me as well but they should at least implement something to better detect player's ping.

I wish I had the same success with survival. But what I wish most is that it was shorter. I don't mind hard, I don't mind dumb, but I can't spend 1 hour with nothing to get out of it besides immense frustration. My gaming time is too rare and precious for that shit.

Yeah I get it, I basically just do 1-2 a day now because it takes so much time; if you're on pc you could just use the mod that changes it to a single stage, or if you want to keep it as legit as possible, use the trainer and just refill your health if you're about to lose (you could also turn on one hit KO but that would obviously skew the scores/times)

Caj814

Ken replacement head just dropped
RyiZqMw.gif

http://pfunkk.deviantart.com/art/SF...ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1
LykbZcG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom